"Fighting for us"

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
UpstateSCHokie

"Fighting for us"

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

Anyone notice Hillary's campaign slogan?

She needs to let her supporters know that she's fighting for them. Why is that important?

I said after Obama was re-elected in 2012 that the main reason he was able to motivate so many low infos to come out and vote for him is because they saw him as someone that was fighting for them. And if you feel like there's a guy that is actually out fighting (against something) on your behalf, then you will be more compelled to get off your butt and go vote for that person.

The difference is, Obama was able to convey that message without actually saying it. His supporters watched his speeches and knew he was fighting. Clinton on the other hand is so boring that she has to tell people she's fighting. You don't watch a granny Clinton speech and say "wow, she really seems like a fighter!" So she has to manufacture the idea.

This is also part of the explanation for the Trump phenomenon. Trump's die-hard supporters believe he's one of them (just with a lot more money) who is out fighting on their behalf. But he doesn't' have to say it, his supporters just know.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
RiverguyVT

Re: "Fighting for us"

Post by RiverguyVT »

solid take.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:Anyone notice Hillary's campaign slogan?

She needs to let her supporters know that she's fighting for them. Why is that important?

I said after Obama was re-elected in 2012 that the main reason he was able to motivate so many low infos to come out and vote for him is because they saw him as someone that was fighting for them. And if you feel like there's a guy that is actually out fighting (against something) on your behalf, then you will be more compelled to get off your butt and go vote for that person.

The difference is, Obama was able to convey that message without actually saying it. His supporters watched his speeches and knew he was fighting. Clinton on the other hand is so boring that she has to tell people she's fighting. You don't watch a granny Clinton speech and say "wow, she really seems like a fighter!" So she has to manufacture the idea.

This is also part of the explanation for the Trump phenomenon. Trump's die-hard supporters believe he's one of them (just with a lot more money) who is out fighting on their behalf. But he doesn't' have to say it, his supporters just know.
Makes sense. Trump has supporters without college degrees, than college degrees. All the others have more college degree voters, than non-college.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
I heard an interesting theory for why this is in the face of every piece of evidence pointing otherwise - his voice...or rather, his accent. His manner of speech is something that ordinary people can relate to.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

USN_Hokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
I heard an interesting theory for why this is in the face of every piece of evidence pointing otherwise - his voice...or rather, his accent. His manner of speech is something that ordinary people can relate to.

Well if you listen to All Shapton's explanation, which I'm not often in wont of, he says that Trump grew up as an 'outsider' in NYC. He isn't from the right part of town, so to speak. If true, that might be part of his mannerisms and appeal. I think he also called him the 'white Don King'. He certainly knows how to garner attention. I'll give him that much.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson