Prayers for Waverly and Sandstone

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Prayers for Waverly and Sandstone

Post by awesome guy »

Waverly got hammered with a tornado. The radar is picking up 134 mph winds at Sandstone, but haven't confirmed touchdown. It would be an E2 or E3 with that wind.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
133743Hokie

Re: Prayers for Waverly and Sandstone

Post by 133743Hokie »

Potatoe, sandstone?
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

133743Hokie wrote:Potatoe, sandstone?
I added an e. Should be Sandston, the small town that raised Kong and is right by the airport. Luckily nothing happened there. When I posted this though, radar was picking up a 134 mph rotation over the area and they weren't sure if it was a tornado on the ground or just higher altitude winds.
Last edited by awesome guy on Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hokie CPA
Alma Mater: Norfolk Academy to Virginia Tech
Party: I reject your party

Post by Hokie CPA »

My sister and her family are out in Gates, NC, just west of Reynoldson on the state line. The RADAR they've been showing for the last half hour showed some really nasty stuff going right through there. I hope everybody in the path of these storms is staying safe!
I don't care if you're a Democrat or a Republican... if you refuse to consider alternatives to the two parties, you support the Status Quo and you are a major part of the problem.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Hokie CPA wrote:My sister and her family are out in Gates, NC, just west of Reynoldson on the state line. The RADAR they've been showing for the last half hour showed some really nasty stuff going right through there. I hope everybody in the path of these storms is staying safe!

yeah man, you guys are under the watch now. It's crazy how much energy is in the atmosphere. And here's something crazy that happened at the AG house. I fired up the grill to get in dinner before the storms passed through here. And when I did, it was the absolute hottest grill I've ever had. It was blazen, well over 700 degrees in a short amount of time. I can only guess the wind was blowing hard enough to push more oxygen into it, acting as a blower or the atmospheric change altered something. I don't know, but that grill was crazy hot. It cooked a porterhouse to medium in 5 minutes.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

Just spoke to my friends in Sandston, Highland Springs, Varina and Mechanicsville they're all OK.

Friends in Fredericksburg have lost power.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

Hokie CPA wrote:My sister and her family are out in Gates, NC, just west of Reynoldson on the state line. The RADAR they've been showing for the last half hour showed some really nasty stuff going right through there. I hope everybody in the path of these storms is staying safe!
wasn't this another one of those straight line winds, derrichio or something like that?
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

I've never been chased by nor subject to as many twisters and warnings to take cover as I was yesterday. As I left RVA, "take shelter" warnings for sandston. Going east, Charles City, again "take shelter". New Kent. West Point. Yorktown. "take shelter""take shelter" "take shelter". Finally all night in Suffolk. I felt like I was surfing the daggone things!!
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:Potatoe, sandstone?
I added an e. Should be Sandston, the small town that raised Kong and is right by the airport. Luckily nothing happened there. When I posted this though, radar was picking up a 134 mph rotation over the area and they weren't sure if it was a tornado on the ground or just higher altitude winds.
Sandstone is a lovely little town located in Powhatan along route 360.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.