Well I'll be hornswaggled...I'm just shocked I tell ya!

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Well I'll be hornswaggled...I'm just shocked I tell ya!

Post by Major Kong »

I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Re: Well I'll be hornswaggled...I'm just shocked I tell ya!

Post by USN_Hokie »

I somehow managed to completely miss this story - I'm shocked at the outcome.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

Major Kong wrote:Well how about that :?:
I call it the Trump Effect. He's making the whole world better already!
Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

HokieFanDC wrote:I call it the Trump Effect. He's making the whole world better already!
The problem is that hours after the incident happened the President of the University went all out dumb ass and sent this message out:
Message from President Jones Regarding an Incident

January 30, 2016

Dear Students, Faculty and Staff:

Early this morning, three of our students were harassed and assaulted while riding on a CDTA bus on Western Ave. in Albany.

The students, who are Black women, stated that racial slurs were used by the perpetrators, whom they described as a group of 10 to 12 white males and females.

I am deeply concerned, saddened and angry about this incident. There is no place in the UAlbany community for violence, no place for racial intolerance and no place for gender violence.

I am out of town today. I have decided to cut my trip short and will be returning to Albany as soon as I can to address this situation.

In the meantime, I have been in direct contact with the Provost and executive leadership team and have directed that the University respond rapidly and forcefully.

Our police, our student affairs personnel and our Office of Diversity and Inclusion staff are working together to support our young women.

We are working closely with the Albany Police Department to identify the persons responsible. If those individuals are UAlbany students, we will hold them fully accountable for their behavior.

I call upon all members of the University at Albany to unite. We must show the world that we stand for inclusiveness and stand against bias, violence and hatred.

Our annual Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. celebration will be held on the evening of Monday, Feb. 1. As we reflect on the principles and values that Dr. King stood for, let us come together in solidarity to reaffirm our values.

Now is the time to recommit to our principles of inclusivity and diversity and send a strong message that we will not tolerate bias, hatred and violence in our University.

Sincerely,
Robert J. Jones
President
Clicky here.

Since this was all brought to life today he now says:
In a statement, University President Robert Jones asked for the community's "continued patience and respect as the judicial process continues."
Well laud de-da where was this restraint last month you prick? :roll:

HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

Major Kong wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:I call it the Trump Effect. He's making the whole world better already!
The problem is that hours after the incident happened the President of the University went all out dumb ass and sent this message out:

January 30, 2016

Early this morning, three of our students were harassed and assaulted while riding on a CDTA bus on Western Ave. in Albany.

The students, who are Black women, stated that racial slurs were used by the perpetrators, whom they described as a group of 10 to 12 white males and females.

I am deeply concerned, saddened and angry about this incident. There is no place in the UAlbany community for violence, no place for racial intolerance and no place for gender violence.

I am out of town today. I have decided to cut my trip short and will be returning to Albany as soon as I can to address this situation.

In the meantime, I have been in direct contact with the Provost and executive leadership team and have directed that the University respond rapidly and forcefully.

Our police, our student affairs personnel and our Office of Diversity and Inclusion staff are working together to support our young women.

We are working closely with the Albany Police Department to identify the persons responsible. If those individuals are UAlbany students, we will hold them fully accountable for their behavior.

I call upon all members of the University at Albany to unite. We must show the world that we stand for inclusiveness and stand against bias, violence and hatred.

Our annual Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. celebration will be held on the evening of Monday, Feb. 1. As we reflect on the principles and values that Dr. King stood for, let us come together in solidarity to reaffirm our values.

Now is the time to recommit to our principles of inclusivity and diversity and send a strong message that we will not tolerate bias, hatred and violence in our University.

Sincerely,
Robert J. Jones
President
Clicky here.

In a statement, University President Robert Jones asked for the community's "continued patience and respect as the judicial process continues."
The 10-12 white folks should sue to have him fired for creating an environment that makes white people feel unsafe at UofAlbany.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

Major Kong wrote:

January 30, 2016

Sincerely,
Robert J. Jones
President
Clicky here.

Funny how the tone changes when the perps/victims get switched.
Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

HokieFanDC wrote:The 10-12 white folks should sue to have him fired for creating an environment that makes white people feel unsafe at UofAlbany.
Meh I'd just like it if folks (all folks) would just wait until more facts are out there and known. That way there would be no need to backtrack, write apologies, worry about lawsuits or the possibility of losing ones job.

But that's just me. :mrgreen:

HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

Major Kong wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:The 10-12 white folks should sue to have him fired for creating an environment that makes white people feel unsafe at UofAlbany.
Meh I'd just like it if folks (all folks) would just wait until more facts are out there and known. That way there would be no need to backtrack, write apologies, worry about lawsuits or the possibility of losing ones job.

But that's just me. :mrgreen:

This is the correct answer. This goofy-ass 'getting out in front of' a story, is why numbskullery like this happens.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson