America broken down into 11 Nations?

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
HokieDan95

America broken down into 11 Nations?

Post by HokieDan95 »

"What's best in life?","To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women."
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Re: America broken down into 11 Nations?

Post by Major Kong »

So I'm a Tidewater/Greater Appalachian/Deep South/Far West/El Norte American? :D
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

In before USN says it's just about black people

Post by ip_law-hokie »

A classic 1993 study by the social psychologist Richard Nisbett, of the University of Michigan, found that homicide rates in small predominantly white cities were three times higher in the South than in New England. Nisbett and a colleague, Andrew Reaves, went on to show that southern rural counties had white homicide rates more than four times those of counties in New England, Middle Atlantic, and Midwestern states.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Re: In before USN says it's just about black people

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
A classic 1993 study by the social psychologist Richard Nisbett, of the University of Michigan, found that homicide rates in small predominantly white cities were three times higher in the South than in New England. Nisbett and a colleague, Andrew Reaves, went on to show that southern rural counties had white homicide rates more than four times those of counties in New England, Middle Atlantic, and Midwestern states.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the ... ture-honor
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

That's a good counter arg. I think it is say bit much to suggest that cultural norms from way back when still affect attitudes today, but I would argue that the cultural differences identified do have some basis in fact. A guy killing an unarmed prowler in Texas is viewed differently than it would be in Vermont.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

That's a good counter arg. I think it is say bit much to suggest that cultural norms from way back when still affect attitudes today, but I would argue that the cultural differences identified do have some basis in fact. A guy killing an unarmed prowler in Texas is viewed differently than it would be in Vermont.
I'd agree.