Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
ElbertoHokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Independent

Pretty amazing rhetoric change from Republican candidates

Post by ElbertoHokie »

None but Trump are talking about winning the nomination through the primaries now. It's all about stopping trump from winning and limping into the convention. Rubio advisor just quoted as saying the best chance to stop trump in Ohio is Kasich.

While that's all common sense and most people knew it, surprising that the Rubio advisor didn't insist on being anonymous. Campaigns are definitely sending the messages overtly.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Re: Pretty amazing rhetoric change from Republican candidate

Post by HokieJoe »

ElbertoHokie wrote:None but Trump are talking about winning the nomination through the primaries now. It's all about stopping trump from winning and limping into the convention. Rubio advisor just quoted as saying the best chance to stop trump in Ohio is Kasich.

While that's all common sense and most people knew it, surprising that the Rubio advisor didn't insist on being anonymous. Campaigns are definitely sending the messages overtly.
Yep. The RNC better think long and hard about the decisions they take. If Trump is the clear leader after the vote has been tallied; and they pull some procedural maneuvers to take him down, then it could wreck the Republican party. I say that as a voter who does not want Trump as the R nominee.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
ieatbacon

Re: Pretty amazing rhetoric change from Republican candidate

Post by ieatbacon »

HokieJoe wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:None but Trump are talking about winning the nomination through the primaries now. It's all about stopping trump from winning and limping into the convention. Rubio advisor just quoted as saying the best chance to stop trump in Ohio is Kasich.

Yep. The RNC better think long and hard about the decisions they take. If Trump is the clear leader after the vote has been tallied; and they pull some procedural maneuvers to take him down, then it could wreck the Republican party. I say that as a voter who does not want Trump as the R nominee.
Agreed. Trump any politician isn't the kind of guy that is just going to get behind the Party that took the nomination away from him. And Trump's hugely passionate base could easily explode the party.

Trump win or lose, the Republican party is in trouble. I have no idea how it'll end up, but it's not heading in a direction I like...