Mark Warner Re-election

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
UpstateSCHokie

Mark Warner Re-election

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

Couple of questions:

1) Will the people of VA hold Warner accountable for his blatant lie whey he said he would never support a healthcare plan that would take away people's existing healthcare, or has too many people in VA become such low info voters that that are now programmed to vote for anyone with a D next to their name, not matter how dishonest they are?

2) Is the GOP in VA smart enough to use the video in the link below as a campaign ad to run over and over and over again?

http://www.ijreview.com/2013/11/93313-v ... tion-time/

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: Mark Warner Re-election

Post by awesome guy »

I doubt it. They'll vote for the guy promising even more mettlesome government to fix the last intervention. But how will the democrats run on changing established law? Some here made a big deal of that recently.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

Yeah I don't get the whole "established law" crap. I believe slavery and Jim Crow were also established laws, but that did not they couldn't be changed thankfully. Laws get changed, modified, and repealed all the time.
awesome guy wrote:I doubt it. They'll vote for the guy promising even more mettlesome government to fix the last intervention. But how will the democrats run on changing established law? Some here made a big deal of that recently.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:Yeah I don't get the whole "established law" crap. I believe slavery and Jim Crow were also established laws, but that did not they couldn't be changed thankfully. Laws get changed, modified, and repealed all the time.
awesome guy wrote:I doubt it. They'll vote for the guy promising even more mettlesome government to fix the last intervention. But how will the democrats run on changing established law? Some here made a big deal of that recently.
That just tells me how nonsensical they are and will say anything to win. It's all about pushing their faith, regardless of the facts before them or maintaining integrity.
HvilleHokie

Post by HvilleHokie »

Who are the republicans going to run against him? McDonnell?
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HvilleHokie wrote:Who are the republicans going to run against him? McDonnell?
How about GOP establishment candidate Bolling?
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
HvilleHokie wrote:Who are the republicans going to run against him? McDonnell?
How about GOP establishment candidate Bolling?
Yeah, maybe the governor will endorse him....maybe Lindsay Graham.
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

The low information voters have been convinced that Mark Warner is a "moderate". But nothing could be further from the truth. Virginia is required to have balanced budgets and so that forces governors to exercise some fiscal restraint, particularly if the legislature is going to say no way no how on tax hikes. So whatever he might have liked to do, he was restrained. Washington DC has none of those pesky restrictions and so he is free to be himself by voting in lock step with the leftists on everything.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:Couple of questions:

1) Will the people of VA hold Warner accountable for his blatant lie whey he said he would never support a healthcare plan that would take away people's existing healthcare, or has too many people in VA become such low info voters that that are now programmed to vote for anyone with a D next to their name, not matter how dishonest they are?

2) Is the GOP in VA smart enough to use the video in the link below as a campaign ad to run over and over and over again?

Agreed. Democrats in the Senate go to Washington to vote in line with Harry Reid. I doubt if Warner will lose, but I'll be voting against him.
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:Couple of questions:

Will be tough to defeat with the NOVA cabal.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:Yeah I don't get the whole "established law" crap. I believe slavery and Jim Crow were also established laws, but that did not they couldn't be changed thankfully. Laws get changed, modified, and repealed all the time.
What you're referring to is the logical fallacy of "argument from tradition". They can't defend the law based on its merits, so they hide behind tradition (i.e. "established law").
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
One4VT

Post by One4VT »

Its going to take a lot of work and a lot of $ to reverse the nice narrative that Warner has built around his real record. Like you say, he is a reliable vote for Harry Reid, period.
BigDave wrote:The low information voters have been convinced that Mark Warner is a "moderate". But nothing could be further from the truth. Virginia is required to have balanced budgets and so that forces governors to exercise some fiscal restraint, particularly if the legislature is going to say no way no how on tax hikes. So whatever he might have liked to do, he was restrained. Washington DC has none of those pesky restrictions and so he is free to be himself by voting in lock step with the leftists on everything.
Don't "Sub-Forum" my Thread Bro!