#NeverTrump Equals #AlwaysHillary

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
UpstateSCHokie

#NeverTrump Equals #AlwaysHillary

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

Unless these GOP establishment types really do like Hillary more than they like Trump, I'm really struggling to see what their end-game is here.

Remember, these are the same people that told us we all had to come together to support McCain in 2008 and Romney in 2012. They were all preaching unity when they got their man, but now that the shoe is on the other foot they want to take their ball and go home. Shame.

I know we have some here that say they are conservative but now say they'll support Hillary, but remember, the SCOTUS hangs in the balance. That will be something that will be with us long after the next POTUS leaves office.
========================================

Bossie: #NeverTrump Equals #AlwaysHillary
by David Bossie14 Mar 2016531

As the primary season progresses, a great many members of the Republican establishment are becoming overly emotional.

They’re angry and frustrated that their well-funded Washington-backed candidates didn’t amount to much this time around. Anti-establishment outsiders Donald Trump and Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX)
97% are dominating the popular vote and the delegate count.

The establishment must face the facts: a change agent is going to be the Republican nominee for president.

In 2008 and 2012 when establishment picks Sen. John McCain (R-AZ)
36%and Mitt Romney prevailed in the primary process, grassroots conservatives were told to fall in line and we did. We didn’t start #NeverMcCain or #NeverRomney campaigns, although we had every right to when you consider things like Romneycare and McCain-Feingold.

Last week RNC Chairman Priebus was absolutely right when he said: “I want to get something really clear, because there’s been a lot of talk about this. This party is going to support the nominee, whoever that is, 100 percent. There’s no question about that… can you agree with me without question that any one of these four gentlemen would be a world better than Hillary Clinton?”

Chairman Priebus, of course, was talking directly to the counterproductive Never Trumpers. It appears that Priebus has considered the wisdom of #NeverTrump and soundly rejected it for obvious reasons. Do the establishment sore losers pushing this movement have any idea what they are doing?

Here are the potential outcomes of #NeverTrump from my perspective, all of which are horrible for Republicans.

Donald Trump wins a convincing plurality, but not a majority of convention delegates. The GOP establishment hands the nomination to someone else. Trump supporters are betrayed, stay at home, and Hillary Clinton wins the general election.

Donald Trump and Ted Cruz split the remaining delegates with neither at the 1,237 threshold and the GOP establishment hands the nomination to someone other than Trump or Cruz. Both Cruz and Trump voters are betrayed, stay at home, and Hillary Clinton wins the general election.

Trump wins the 1,237 delegates needed for the nomination and the GOP establishment chooses to run a third party candidate. The conservative-populist vote splits and Hillary Clinton wins the general election.

This disastrous outcome would mean that Hillary Clinton would pick Justice Antonin Scalia’s successor and perhaps two additional Supreme Court nominees.

The logic here isn’t very complicated. If you support the #NeverTrump movement — for whatever immature reason you convince yourself of — you’re essentially supporting a far-left liberal Supreme Court for the next generation. We’re all about to find out if this is the true preference of the #NeverTrump crowd.

I’ll readily admit that every candidate on both sides should tone down the rhetoric — including Donald Trump. After all, Trump’s winning and now is the time to rise above Bill Ayers and his ilk and be presidential. This is an enormous opportunity for him.

My message is simple, even if unpleasant for some Washington elites. All Republicans must unite around the nominee whoever it turns out to be. If Hillary Clinton is elected president because one of the scenarios I mentioned plays out, the #NeverTrump crowd will receive a lion’s share of the blame and that could mean the end of the GOP as we know it.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... yshillary/

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Re: #NeverTrump Equals #AlwaysHillary

Post by nolanvt »

Why does this article assume the next President is picking Scalia's successor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Yep, these so called moderates are really bitter partisans. Time for them to come to the compromised position for a change. At this point though, they're just peeing in the water as there guys have lost.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

nolanvt wrote:Why does this article assume the next President is picking Scalia's successor?

Based on publicly made statements, why would you assume otherwise?
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

HokieJoe wrote:
nolanvt wrote:Why does this article assume the next President is picking Scalia's successor?

It's not out of the question that the Senate won't confirm a nominee prior to Obama leaving office.
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
HokieJoe
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

nolanvt wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:

It's not out of the question that the Senate won't confirm a nominee prior to Obama leaving office.

That's a guess. Grassley has said otherwise. We'll see I suppose.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
Florida Hokie
Party: Like a Rock Star

Post by Florida Hokie »

Remember when Oakie and AG threw a hissy because I told Oakie he was voting for the R candidate no matter who in 2016, especially if Hillary was the Dems candidate? THis article is a nice summary of why what I said was, without question, the truth.

When the Rs throw a milquetoast candidate up there after Trump flames out and they run Cruz out on the rails, there will be Oakie and AG faithfully voting for the RINO.

It's a shame these people didn't recognize the value I was providing here.

UpstateSCHokie wrote:Unless these GOP establishment types really do like Hillary more than they like Trump, I'm really struggling to see what their end-game is here.

Remember, these are the same people that told us we all had to come together to support McCain in 2008 and Romney in 2012. They were all preaching unity when they got their man, but now that the shoe is on the other foot they want to take their ball and go home. Shame.

I know we have some here that say they are conservative but now say they'll support Hillary, but remember, the SCOTUS hangs in the balance. That will be something that will be with us long after the next POTUS leaves office.

As the primary season progresses, a great many members of the Republican establishment are becoming overly emotional.

They’re angry and frustrated that their well-funded Washington-backed candidates didn’t amount to much this time around. Anti-establishment outsiders Donald Trump and Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX)

The establishment must face the facts: a change agent is going to be the Republican nominee for president.

36%and Mitt Romney prevailed in the primary process, grassroots conservatives were told to fall in line and we did. We didn’t start #NeverMcCain or #NeverRomney campaigns, although we had every right to when you consider things like Romneycare and McCain-Feingold.

Last week RNC Chairman Priebus was absolutely right when he said: “I want to get something really clear, because there’s been a lot of talk about this. This party is going to support the nominee, whoever that is, 100 percent. There’s no question about that… can you agree with me without question that any one of these four gentlemen would be a world better than Hillary Clinton?”

Chairman Priebus, of course, was talking directly to the counterproductive Never Trumpers. It appears that Priebus has considered the wisdom of #NeverTrump and soundly rejected it for obvious reasons. Do the establishment sore losers pushing this movement have any idea what they are doing?

Here are the potential outcomes of #NeverTrump from my perspective, all of which are horrible for Republicans.

Donald Trump wins a convincing plurality, but not a majority of convention delegates. The GOP establishment hands the nomination to someone else. Trump supporters are betrayed, stay at home, and Hillary Clinton wins the general election.

Donald Trump and Ted Cruz split the remaining delegates with neither at the 1,237 threshold and the GOP establishment hands the nomination to someone other than Trump or Cruz. Both Cruz and Trump voters are betrayed, stay at home, and Hillary Clinton wins the general election.

Trump wins the 1,237 delegates needed for the nomination and the GOP establishment chooses to run a third party candidate. The conservative-populist vote splits and Hillary Clinton wins the general election.

This disastrous outcome would mean that Hillary Clinton would pick Justice Antonin Scalia’s successor and perhaps two additional Supreme Court nominees.

The logic here isn’t very complicated. If you support the #NeverTrump movement — for whatever immature reason you convince yourself of — you’re essentially supporting a far-left liberal Supreme Court for the next generation. We’re all about to find out if this is the true preference of the #NeverTrump crowd.

I’ll readily admit that every candidate on both sides should tone down the rhetoric — including Donald Trump. After all, Trump’s winning and now is the time to rise above Bill Ayers and his ilk and be presidential. This is an enormous opportunity for him.

My message is simple, even if unpleasant for some Washington elites. All Republicans must unite around the nominee whoever it turns out to be. If Hillary Clinton is elected president because one of the scenarios I mentioned plays out, the #NeverTrump crowd will receive a lion’s share of the blame and that could mean the end of the GOP as we know it.

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Florida Hokie wrote:Remember when Oakie and AG threw a hissy because I told Oakie he was voting for the R candidate no matter who in 2016, especially if Hillary was the Dems candidate? THis article is a nice summary of why what I said was, without question, the truth.

When the Rs throw a milquetoast candidate up there after Trump flames out and they run Cruz out on the rails, there will be Oakie and AG faithfully voting for the RINO.

It's a shame these people didn't recognize the value I was providing here.

UpstateSCHokie wrote:Unless these GOP establishment types really do like Hillary more than they like Trump, I'm really struggling to see what their end-game is here.

I see you're off your meds again
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.