Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Re: Been busy ...

Post by BigDave »

awesome guy wrote:What's today's anti-Trump hysterics from the LIVs? Is he the antichrist today?
Is Donald Trump God's judgment on America?

http://www.christianpost.com/news/donal ... ca-159315/
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

absolutvt03 wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
absolutvt03 wrote:
Hokie5150 wrote:He's been called those things as direct results of his own statements. They are not baseless accusations. Now, whether or not he means what he says is another matter altogether (and if he doesn't, then he's an outright liar), but he has made direct quotes that can easily support those attacks.
Exactly... Trump (and his supporters) can dish it out but can't take it. It's fine for him to insult people based on disabilities, appearance, etc but calling him a xenophobe for his xenophobic statements is somehow "hateful and crazy".
Trump is a victim because LIVs are calling him out.

Cruz is a victim because LIVs are not calling him out, per their conspiracy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just throwing this quote out there:

"We have a tendency in the United States, and it's happened other times in our history, to become sort of isolationist and xenophobic, and you know, we're just going to stay here together and not pay attention to the rest of the world."
Well said by the former First Lady.
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Ok, looks like the LIVs are still hanging their hat on "he hates them because they're foreign and brown". The sensible policy of developing procedures to screen the population inundated with terrorists is still really about a man with 2 out 3 Russian wives really hating foreigners.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
CWHOKIECPA
Party: In your Moms mouth

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

nolanvt wrote:
absolutvt03 wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
absolutvt03 wrote:
Hokie5150 wrote:He's been called those things as direct results of his own statements. They are not baseless accusations. Now, whether or not he means what he says is another matter altogether (and if he doesn't, then he's an outright liar), but he has made direct quotes that can easily support those attacks.
Exactly... Trump (and his supporters) can dish it out but can't take it. It's fine for him to insult people based on disabilities, appearance, etc but calling him a xenophobe for his xenophobic statements is somehow "hateful and crazy".

"We have a tendency in the United States, and it's happened other times in our history, to become sort of isolationist and xenophobic, and you know, we're just going to stay here together and not pay attention to the rest of the world."
No it's not. Xenophobia is an intense or irrational fear of people from other countries. Having fear of people flooding over the border, or fear of a certain group that wants to kill us coming into the country is not irrational. Trump did not say ban all foreigners. Trump's first wife was from the Czech Republic. He is far from a Xenophobe, by definition.
My women clients think I'm so sweet.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

CWHOKIECPA wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
absolutvt03 wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
absolutvt03 wrote:

No it's not. Xenophobia is an intense or irrational fear of people from other countries. Having fear of people flooding over the border, or fear of a certain group that wants to kill us coming into the country is not irrational. Trump did not say ban all foreigners. Trump's first wife was from the Czech Republic. He is far from a Xenophobe, by definition.
The latest is Russian too, right?
CWHOKIECPA

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

awesome guy wrote: The latest is Russian too, right?
Yeah, but he hates women too. He's a big misogynist you know. Seems to me he loves women. Really hot women. He loves foreign women too. He employs many people from many different backgrounds. I'm not a big Trump fan, but the attacks on him are pretty much the petty crap that you normally get with a white, alpha male. Sexist, racist, Xenophobe and blah, blah, blah. No matter what white male stands up for the Presidency, you are going to here this. They have even done it with Bernie. He's racist and sexist as well.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

CWHOKIECPA wrote:
Yeah, but he hates women too. He's a big misogynist you know. Seems to me he loves women. Really hot women. He loves foreign women too. He employs many people from many different backgrounds. I'm not a big Trump fan, but the attacks on him are pretty much the petty crap that you normally get with a white, alpha male. Sexist, racist, Xenophobe and blah, blah, blah. No matter what white male stands up for the Presidency, you are going to here this. They have even done it with Bernie. He's racist and sexist as well.
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/ ... n-n2133651
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
absolutvt03
Party: Voter Apathy

Post by absolutvt03 »

CWHOKIECPA wrote:
Are you implying that someone who's married can't possibly be sexist or worst? Is that kind of like saying "I'm not racist because I have a black friend"? Trump has said some pretty crappy things about women. Again you're acting like people are just making stuff up.
awesome guy wrote:Ok, looks like the LIVs are still hanging their hat on "he hates them because they're foreign and brown". The sensible policy of developing procedures to screen the population inundated with terrorists is still really about a man with 2 out 3 Russian wives really hating foreigners.
Why do you hate Laura Bush?
Forum rules: Please be civil.
"You do suck and are a terrible human being." - awesome guy
"maybe because you're autistic" - USN_Hokie
Seriously... there's only ONE rule.
CWHOKIECPA

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

absolutvt03 wrote:
CWHOKIECPA wrote:
Are you implying that someone who's married can't possibly be sexist or worst? Is that kind of like saying "I'm not racist because I have a black friend"? Trump has said some pretty crappy things about women. Again you're acting like people are just making stuff up.
awesome guy wrote:Ok, looks like the LIVs are still hanging their hat on "he hates them because they're foreign and brown". The sensible policy of developing procedures to screen the population inundated with terrorists is still really about a man with 2 out 3 Russian wives really hating foreigners.
Actions speak louder than words. Fact, Trump loves women. Fact, Trump employs thousands of people from all backgrounds.
CWHOKIECPA

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

absolutvt03 wrote:
CWHOKIECPA wrote:
By the way, every single person on earth could be called a sexist. Men that think that they should have to pay for dinner on dates for their girlfriends are sexist. Women that expect this traditional role for men are sexist. Everyone is pretty much a sexist. Most people have sexist attitudes. It's undeniable. So, welcome to the club their, you big sexist.
miles

Post by miles »

C'mon, bring out all mud, all the manure, sling it, slather it, and wear it. It will stink, but the shitpies will stain the Clintons badly, as well as the jackass party that sanctioned it. Trump will win that game in the arena in the end.
absolutvt03

Post by absolutvt03 »

CWHOKIECPA wrote:
Actions speak louder than words. Fact, Trump loves women. Fact, Trump employs thousands of people from all backgrounds.
Fact, if you don't want people to say you're disrespectful towards women, you probably shouldn't say disrespectful things towards women. It's really that simple. Again you're acting like there's no reason behind the criticisms of Trump.
CWHOKIECPA wrote:
By the way, every single person on earth could be called a sexist. Men that think that they should have to pay for dinner on dates for their girlfriends are sexist. Women that expect this traditional role for men are sexist. Everyone is pretty much a sexist. Most people have sexist attitudes. It's undeniable. So, welcome to the club their, you big sexist.
I get that the whole "plight of the poor white male" is your shtick but claiming stuff like "most people have sexist attitudes" is complete bull manure. That's you projecting your opinion and feelings onto "most people". Also there's a big difference between a guy who thinks he should pay for dinner and a guy who thinks women are inherently less intelligent than men... but you knew that. Never mind that the "but other people do it" excuse is no defense for Trump's words.
miles

Post by miles »

absolutvt03 wrote:
CWHOKIECPA wrote:
Fact, if you don't want people to say you're disrespectful towards women, you probably shouldn't say disrespectful things towards women. It's really that simple. Again you're acting like there's no reason behind the criticisms of Trump.
CWHOKIECPA wrote:
I get that the whole "plight of the poor white male" is your shtick but claiming stuff like "most people have sexist attitudes" is complete bull manure. That's you projecting your opinion and feelings onto "most people". Also there's a big difference between a guy who thinks he should pay for dinner and a guy who thinks women are inherently less intelligent than men... but you knew that. Never mind that the "but other people do it" excuse is no defense for Trump's words.
Well, that was powerful, not,
Got anything else?
What about attacking and disrespecting as bimbos the women your husband raped?
absolutvt03

Post by absolutvt03 »

miles wrote: Well, that was powerful, not,
Got anything else?
That's the worst haiku I've ever read.

Take a deep breath, form a coherent sentence and get back to me.
CWHOKIECPA

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

absolutvt03 wrote:
CWHOKIECPA wrote:
CWHOKIECPA wrote:
Most people have sexist attitudes to some degree. You may not like it, but you will have to live with it. It's true. Plenty of men still believe in holding doors for women. Plenty of men still believe that women should not have to sign up for the draft. Tons of women believe that men should pay on dates. Most people think that women should not be hit under any circumstances by men. Those are all sexist attitudes, whether you like it or not.
miles

Post by miles »

absolutvt03 wrote:
miles wrote: Well, that was powerful, not,
Got anything else?
That's the worst haiku I've ever read.

Take a deep breath, form a coherent sentence and get back to me.
:lol:
Thanks for playing.
absolutvt03

Post by absolutvt03 »

CWHOKIECPA wrote: Most people have sexist attitudes to some degree. You may not like it, but you will have to live with it. It's true. Plenty of men still believe in holding doors for women. Plenty of men still believe that women should not have to sign up for the draft. Tons of women believe that men should pay on dates. Most people think that women should not be hit under any circumstances by men. Those are all sexist attitudes, whether you like it or not.
Let's try this again. You don't speak for "plenty of men" or "most people". Phrases like that are just another way of saying "I don't actually have any facts but I'm going to pretend like I do". Speak for yourself and not others. "To some degree" basically means anywhere from a minuscule amount to completely. By that logic, most people are homosexual, "to some degree". So welcome to the club there, you big homosexual. And again I'll point out that none of what you're saying excuses Trump.
CWHOKIECPA

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

absolutvt03 wrote:
CWHOKIECPA wrote: Most people have sexist attitudes to some degree. You may not like it, but you will have to live with it. It's true. Plenty of men still believe in holding doors for women. Plenty of men still believe that women should not have to sign up for the draft. Tons of women believe that men should pay on dates. Most people think that women should not be hit under any circumstances by men. Those are all sexist attitudes, whether you like it or not.
Let's try this again. You don't speak for "plenty of men" or "most people". Phrases like that are just another way of saying "I don't actually have any facts but I'm going to pretend like I do". Speak for yourself and not others. "To some degree" basically means anywhere from a minuscule amount to completely. By that logic, most people are homosexual, "to some degree". So welcome to the club there, you big homosexual. And again I'll point out that none of what you're saying excuses Trump.
Women prefer men that work. There are way, way more stay at home mothers than fathers. It's not close. It's sexist. Most people believe, at the very least that men should pick up the tab on a first date. Most people agree that you should never hit a woman, under any circumstance. It's true. I have no idea what your homosexual rant was about. I have a feeling you were calling me a homosexual as a form of insult. That would make you a homophobe. You really need to be careful there princess.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

Why can't we have a President that actually believes in putting Americans first without being smeared as a "racist/xenophobe?" Trump has Jewish in-laws and grandchildren. Trump has put a woman in charge of his company. Has Trump attacked black Americans? Has Trump attacked Muslim Americans?

In this day and age, I think it only makes sense that we slow down and take a critical look at immigration policies until we can get a grip on who is coming here, why they are coming here, and where they go once they get here.

I'm okay with controlled legal immigration where we can bring people in slowly and have them assimilate into being Americans. But we've had so many illegal immigrants come here over the past 20-30 years, that I think we should just pause all immigration for awhile. We do not have enough jobs in this country for all of these people - especially when we are losing millions of jobs to China, India, and Mexico.

And yeah this really sounds like the campaign office of a "xenophobe." But I doubt the LIVs heard about this story, so its hard to blame them for their extreme prejudice.

======================

NYT Visits Trump Campaign Office, Amazed By Presence Of Non-Whites
Blake Neff
2:51 PM 03/14/2016

The New York Times published a profile of a Donald Trump campaign office in Florida, expressing astonishment at the number of non-white people and immigrants working in it.

Recently, the media have honed in on the support Trump has received from white supremacists, and the various positions he takes — such as opposition to illegal immigration — that are allegedly racist callbacks to the days of the Ku Klux Klan.

But when the Times profiled a Trump campaign office in Tampa, Florida, it found a diverse group of Trump supporters that included numerous immigrants.

“For a campaign frequently depicted as offering a rallying point for the white working class, the people volunteering to help Mr. Trump here are noteworthy for their ethnic diversity,” the report says. “They include a young woman who recently arrived from Peru; an immigrant from the Philippines; a 70-year-old Lakota Indian; a teenage son of Russian immigrants; a Mexican-American.”

The group was also politically diverse, including lifelong Republicans as well as libertarians and even ex-Democrats. Several are immigrants or the children of immigrants, who emphasized they arrived in the U.S. legally, often taking many years to navigate the process and become full citizens. Besides concerns about immigration, many also hope Trump can improve the U.S. economy or shake up a stagnant Washington, D.C. political environment.

Despite this, the Times also says “fears centered on race and ethnicity” are why many people in the “unlikely melting post” back Trump. Yet when quoted directly, the Times only cites opposition to illegal immigration and complaints that Democrats are pandering on race.

“When do you ever say you need the white person’s vote?” lifelong Democrat Annette Lux said, as part of what was dubbed a “tirade” against former secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

Mireya Linsky, a middle-aged Jewish female supporter of Trump, is described as harboring a “long list of racial fears and resentments” after complaining about illegal immigrants, opposing outsourcing, and suggesting that President Barack Obama “has a dislike for white folks.”

One Cuban supporter of Trump said he saw some unfortunate racial rhetoric at Trump rallies, but was willing to overlook it due to his distaste for the Republican and Democratic establishments

“I’m turning my cheek to the David Duke comments,” he said.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/03/14/nyt-v ... z43CU5NlDv

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
VisorBoy

Post by VisorBoy »

CWHOKIECPA wrote:
Hokie5150 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:Like Ran and Ron Paul?
Yep. There's a reason neither ran as a Libertarian.

awesome guy wrote:Read the board, he's been called a dictator, racist, xenophobe totalitarian, thug, violence instigator, etc.
He's been called those things as direct results of his own statements. They are not baseless accusations. Now, whether or not he means what he says is another matter altogether (and if he doesn't, then he's an outright liar), but he has made direct quotes that can easily support those attacks.
Racist? He said the white race was superior? Xenophobe? He said he doesn't like foreigners? I don't know.
He's not a racist. He is, however, a vindictive amateur in foreign and domestic policy. It is his lack of understanding of the former that gives me, and many more people, the most pause.

Vindictive because he reacts to every slight with a barrage of insults and one-upsmanship. Amateur because he lacks any political experience and his policy solutions are simplistic slogans that appeal to the worst parts of ourselves.

To wit,
- "Build a wall and make Mexico pay for it," (naïve)
- "Ban Muslim immigration," (xenophobic and unnecessary, not to mention the dramatic effects it will have on giving support to terrorist arguments that the West is at war with Islam)
- "Bomb the families of terrorists," (war crime)
- "Would strongly consider shutting down mosques," (illegal, unconstitutional, unamerican)
- "We're getting killed be China on trade," (fundamental misunderstanding of foreign trade, free markets, and globalization)
- The whole Obama birth certificate fiasco. I suggest going back and reading those old articles. Talk about fringe.
- Various insults of women (vindictive)
Do justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

CWHOKIECPA wrote:
The funniest part about this is that the Democrats have an actual "sexual predator" (Bill Clinton) attached to their ticket. Absolute wants to talk about how Trump hates women when Clinton has not only been accused of rape by multiple women, but then gone on slander campaigns ("can't drag a $100 bill through a trailer park...") when they come forward.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

VisorBoy wrote:
CWHOKIECPA wrote:
Hokie5150 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:Like Ran and Ron Paul?
Yep. There's a reason neither ran as a Libertarian.

awesome guy wrote:Read the board, he's been called a dictator, racist, xenophobe totalitarian, thug, violence instigator, etc.
He's been called those things as direct results of his own statements. They are not baseless accusations. Now, whether or not he means what he says is another matter altogether (and if he doesn't, then he's an outright liar), but he has made direct quotes that can easily support those attacks.
Racist? He said the white race was superior? Xenophobe? He said he doesn't like foreigners? I don't know.
He's not a racist. He is, however, a vindictive amateur in foreign and domestic policy. It is his lack of understanding of the former that gives me, and many more people, the most pause.

Vindictive because he reacts to every slight with a barrage of insults and one-upsmanship. Amateur because he lacks any political experience and his policy solutions are simplistic slogans that appeal to the worst parts of ourselves.

To wit,
- "Build a wall and make Mexico pay for it," (naïve)
- "Ban Muslim immigration," (xenophobic and unnecessary, not to mention the dramatic effects it will have on giving support to terrorist arguments that the West is at war with Islam)
- "Bomb the families of terrorists," (war crime)
- "Would strongly consider shutting down mosques," (illegal, unconstitutional, unamerican)
- "We're getting killed be China on trade," (fundamental misunderstanding of foreign trade, free markets, and globalization)
- The whole Obama birth certificate fiasco. I suggest going back and reading those old articles. Talk about fringe.
- Various insults of women (vindictive)
He also doesn't understand how our judicial system works. He thinks Judges sign bills.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
HvilleHokie

Post by HvilleHokie »

awesome guy wrote:What's today's anti-Trump hysterics from the LIVs? Is he the antichrist today? Going to start a nuclear war? They haven't been this hateful and crazy about a candidate since Ronny Ray-Gun.
Do you support trump?
miles

Post by miles »

HvilleHokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:What's today's anti-Trump hysterics from the LIVs? Is he the antichrist today? Going to start a nuclear war? They haven't been this hateful and crazy about a candidate since Ronny Ray-Gun.
Do you support trump?
Do you support liars, crooks, rapists and their defenders and enablers?
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »