Be Civil. Go Hokies.
BG Hokie

Re: Wonder how the Penn State Truthers will spin this

Post by BG Hokie »

BG Hokie wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
miles wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote: Huh - I was just pointing it out to Awesome Guy. I did Big 5 time so I was just noting the change. DIdn't Accenture fall out of one of the biggies? I can't remember - they're all the same. :)
Accenture was Andersen Consulting which was a spin off from Arthur Andersen (the accounting firm). If I remember correctly, it was an ugly break up. Accenture has never been an accounting firm nor was Andersen Consulting.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh man, you're killing me!
Accenture was known as Arthur Andersen before Enron.
http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB1023409436545200
Continue on with your spin.
Nope, you're wrong. Sorry about your bad luck. When Arthur Andersen went out of business, they were done and Andersen Consulting now Accenture already existed. I went to your link but don't have a Wall Street Journal subscription and can't read where you think you've shown me I'm wrong but I'll bet nothing in your article contradicts any assertion I've made. What's the bet?

LOL, thought you had me but made a fool out of yourself. Hilarious.

The wiki entry below gives a good history, including timeline. The name Accenture pre-dated Enron's declaration for backruptcy in December 2001. Hell, not only that, they were a public company prior to Enron's bankruptcy. The Enron bankruptcy fall out continued into 2002 and Arthur Andersen shut the doors around May 15, 2002 (I'm sure offices differed around the country/world but May 15, 2002 was the last day for the DC area office-I know, I was there).

Will you admit you're wrong? Be a big man. You laughed at me thinking I was spinning something and that I was wrong, but you were the one dead wrong. Be a big man. Either that or double down and let's make a bet!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accenture ... r_Andersen
miles got nothing for this...
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

BG Hokie wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
miles wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote: Huh - I was just pointing it out to Awesome Guy. I did Big 5 time so I was just noting the change. DIdn't Accenture fall out of one of the biggies? I can't remember - they're all the same. :)
Accenture was Andersen Consulting which was a spin off from Arthur Andersen (the accounting firm). If I remember correctly, it was an ugly break up. Accenture has never been an accounting firm nor was Andersen Consulting.
Nope, you're wrong. Sorry about your bad luck. When Arthur Andersen went out of business, they were done and Andersen Consulting now Accenture already existed. I went to your link but don't have a Wall Street Journal subscription and can't read where you think you've shown me I'm wrong but I'll bet nothing in your article contradicts any assertion I've made. What's the bet?

The wiki entry below gives a good history, including timeline. The name Accenture pre-dated Enron's declaration for backruptcy in December 2001. Hell, not only that, they were a public company prior to Enron's bankruptcy. The Enron bankruptcy fall out continued into 2002 and Arthur Andersen shut the doors around May 15, 2002 (I'm sure offices differed around the country/world but May 15, 2002 was the last day for the DC area office-I know, I was there).

Will you admit you're wrong? Be a big man. You laughed at me thinking I was spinning something and that I was wrong, but you were the one dead wrong. Be a big man. Either that or double down and let's make a bet!

miles got nothing for this...
saw miles was posting this morning. He probably had never seen my response to his incorrect post. Just seeing if he had anything to add.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

quote="BG Hokie"]
BG Hokie wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
miles wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:

miles got nothing for this...[/quote]

saw miles was posting this morning. He probably had never seen my response to his incorrect post. Just seeing if he had anything to add.[/quote]

you may need to get a life if winning on a message board is that important to you
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

BG Hokie wrote:saw miles was posting this morning. He probably had never seen my response to his incorrect post. Just seeing if he had anything to add.
Enough.