Wonder how the Penn State Truthers will spin this

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
BG Hokie

Re: Wonder how the Penn State Truthers will spin this

Post by BG Hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:Solid use of the quote function, now your mindless prose is quoted as me having said it.

Joe Paterno continuously employed a man and after he retired gave facility access to a man who was consistently accused of inappropriate actions with boys. He was constantly seen with said boys.

No one is saying he should be the person solely responsible for stopping Sandusky, but he disgustingly did nothing after numerous warning signs.

UVA was set to hire Sandusky and after vetting him move in a different direction (Al Groh). It's pretty obvious what they heard. This wasn't some secret that blew Paterno's mind. He has blood on his hands. It's beyond obvious.
all you have is i messed up the placement of the reply, weak sauce dude.

Penn State employed Sandusky and again how would Jo Pa know wether the rumors were true or not. The dude hid it from his entire family and got away with it for over 30 years but Jo Pa was supposed to have known for sure that the dude was a deviant? how?

The use of the facilities was standard practice for all retired faculty, heck my pop still uses the VT facilities and he has been retired for many years now. Again what was Jo Pa supposed to do? Go to the cops and say the guy was messing with children? how was he supposed to prove it. Not sure you have ever dealt with cops but accusations with zero proof usually don't get alot of response from them. Cops have to wait until something happens, just ask wives that are attacked by former husbands, until something concrete happens the cops can do nothing.

I think Sandusky is guilty, it is sad that none of the victims tried to stop the dude, that is called concrete evidence, rumors are not.
All I have is another report, the 2nd, as to how Joe Paterno was informed in the 1970's...

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/06/us/jerry- ... enn-state/

Look, I suppose it's possible that Joe Paterno is the dumbest person on Earth and had no reason to suspect Sandusky was a serial molester of little boys. Or you could apply common sense and come to the conclusion that Paterno failed as a human being with respect to his actions (inaction) regarding the Sandusky serial molesting situation.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

JoePa effed up. The cost?
-lives ruined
- his own legacy
- the school's rep

JoePa made a choice and it was the wrong choice.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

BG Hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:Solid use of the quote function, now your mindless prose is quoted as me having said it.

Joe Paterno continuously employed a man and after he retired gave facility access to a man who was consistently accused of inappropriate actions with boys. He was constantly seen with said boys.

No one is saying he should be the person solely responsible for stopping Sandusky, but he disgustingly did nothing after numerous warning signs.

UVA was set to hire Sandusky and after vetting him move in a different direction (Al Groh). It's pretty obvious what they heard. This wasn't some secret that blew Paterno's mind. He has blood on his hands. It's beyond obvious.

Penn State employed Sandusky and again how would Jo Pa know wether the rumors were true or not. The dude hid it from his entire family and got away with it for over 30 years but Jo Pa was supposed to have known for sure that the dude was a deviant? how?

The use of the facilities was standard practice for all retired faculty, heck my pop still uses the VT facilities and he has been retired for many years now. Again what was Jo Pa supposed to do? Go to the cops and say the guy was messing with children? how was he supposed to prove it. Not sure you have ever dealt with cops but accusations with zero proof usually don't get alot of response from them. Cops have to wait until something happens, just ask wives that are attacked by former husbands, until something concrete happens the cops can do nothing.

I think Sandusky is guilty, it is sad that none of the victims tried to stop the dude, that is called concrete evidence, rumors are not.
All I have is another report, the 2nd, as to how Joe Paterno was informed in the 1970's...

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/06/us/jerry- ... enn-state/

Look, I suppose it's possible that Joe Paterno is the dumbest person on Earth and had no reason to suspect Sandusky was a serial molester of little boys. Or you could apply common sense and come to the conclusion that Paterno failed as a human being with respect to his actions (inaction) regarding the Sandusky serial molesting situation.
yes an accusation is what you have, and if the victim goes to the cops then they may have been able to stop sandusky. I guess when your car gets run into you call your hairdresser? correct?

Paterno had zero ability to stop Sandusky, him going to the cops is a second hand story and again cops don't move alot unless there is actual proof which joe does not have... the victim does tho.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:JoePa effed up. The cost?
-lives ruined
- his own legacy
- the school's rep

i was not aware jo pa was a law enforcement officer, a prosecuter and a judge... he was a busy dude.

how exactly was a private citizen supposed to stop a dude that did this stuff for over 30 years. So joe fires the dude and he goes and does it somewhere else... right?
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
absolutvt03 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Nothing like blaming the victims when it comes to sexual assault. Joe Pa is guilt-free, those kids that got molested have no one to blame but themselves.
nothing like blaming a criminals friends for his actions, right? I blame the criminal and that is all, not everyone he happens to know. I do expect victims of crimes to come forward to stop the criminal from continuing their actions. So yes, in my opinion if you are a victim of a crime then you need to prosecute it to the fullest extent. It may be super painful but it stops the next person from becoming a victim as the criminal realizes there is zero consequence of their deviant action.

but of course we see it every day of people that refuse to do anything when a criminal act is done to them.

I am not blaming the victims tho, but as stated above they have a responsibility as they have the evidence and the very good case, again, rumors are hard to get a conviction on. If so Hillary would have been in jail 45 years ago
Come on. JoePa was the boss. He knew what was happening and did nothing to stop it or fire Sandusky. He's completely guilty.
no jo pa could not stop a pedophile, yes he could fire Sandusky... would that stop the guy, i doubt it. I blame sandusky, not the folks around him as they are not law enforcement, prosecuters or judges, so their power to stop a criminal is not great.
ElbertoHokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Independent

Post by ElbertoHokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
absolutvt03 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Nothing like blaming the victims when it comes to sexual assault. Joe Pa is guilt-free, those kids that got molested have no one to blame but themselves.
nothing like blaming a criminals friends for his actions, right? I blame the criminal and that is all, not everyone he happens to know. I do expect victims of crimes to come forward to stop the criminal from continuing their actions. So yes, in my opinion if you are a victim of a crime then you need to prosecute it to the fullest extent. It may be super painful but it stops the next person from becoming a victim as the criminal realizes there is zero consequence of their deviant action.

but of course we see it every day of people that refuse to do anything when a criminal act is done to them.

I am not blaming the victims tho, but as stated above they have a responsibility as they have the evidence and the very good case, again, rumors are hard to get a conviction on. If so Hillary would have been in jail 45 years ago
That's kind of victim blaming. And blaming young boys no less! I blame the adults. The ones that knew. It sounds pretty darn sure that the other coaches at Penn State, including JoePa knew. It's THEIR responsibility to stop it. Morally and legally. You can't wait for the 10 year old kid that's being exploited to make the first move.
Last edited by ElbertoHokie on Tue May 10, 2016 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
-lives ruined
- his own legacy
- the school's rep

i was not aware jo pa was a law enforcement officer, a prosecuter and a judge... he was a busy dude.

how exactly was a private citizen supposed to stop a dude that did this stuff for over 30 years. So joe fires the dude and he goes and does it somewhere else... right?
Busy indeed. Too busy to report his child rapist assistance coach.

But because JoePa was not law enforcement, he couldn't have done everything. So it's seams reasonable that he would do nothing. Makes perfect sense to me.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Of course his family knew.

so all spouses know when the other spouse is doing things? really? ideally yes but there are many cases of spouses not knowing what the other spouse is up to wether it be infidelity or financially
Did you just compare pedophilia to having an affair?

Let's roll with it....how many spouses don't find out about multiple affairs over the course of 30+ years? Remember that they have a financial incentive to STFU too.
no, i used the comparison to point out that when you are trying to get away with something it is possible to do just that. infidelity is just an example..... why aren't embezzlers caught immediately? another example.

how do serial killers get away with their crimes?
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Of course his family knew.

so all spouses know when the other spouse is doing things? really? ideally yes but there are many cases of spouses not knowing what the other spouse is up to wether it be infidelity or financially
Did you just compare pedophilia to having an affair?

Let's roll with it....how many spouses don't find out about multiple affairs over the course of 30+ years? Remember that they have a financial incentive to STFU too.
no, i used the comparison to point out that when you are trying to get away with something it is possible to do just that. infidelity is just an example..... why aren't embezzlers caught immediately? another example.

how do serial killers get away with their crimes?
Their victims are random - making it completely irrelevant to this discussion. Sandusky established relationships with all the kids he molested. Here's a refresher...
The man said he met Sandusky through his charity, The Second Mile, when he was in the fifth grade. He testified that he was referred to in order to gain English skills because his family did not speak English at home. At first, the man testified, he didn't think Sandusky's attentions - like putting his hand on the boy's knee in the car - were inappropriate.

"My father used to squeeze my knee, so it was nothing unusual," he testified.

The man testified that Sandusky called his home in 2001 and asked his mother if he could go work out with him. He said the two went to the PSU gym and it was there that Sandusky exposed himself in the sauna. Afterward, he testified, the two went to the showers where the witness chose a spigot at the far end and tried to face the wall but that he felt Sandusky watching him.

"I noticed that his penis was enlarged but I didn't understand the significance of it back then," he said, sniffling.

"He threw some soap at me and started lathering my shoulders," he continued. " I think he crept forward a little bit more. I felt his body on my back and kept lurching forward. I felt his penis on my back and I kind of turned away and I felt his arm move on me. He touched my genitalia. He took my hand and he placed it on his."

The witness testified that Sandusky was "upset with me" and drove him home. He said he kept silent about the incident until telling a girlfriend last year.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
-lives ruined
- his own legacy
- the school's rep

But because JoePa was not law enforcement, he couldn't have done everything. So it's seams reasonable that he would do nothing. Makes perfect sense to me.
Haha. Exactly
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
-lives ruined
- his own legacy
- the school's rep

IP's best post ever. I will forego the distasteful colon (excuse the pun) joke and instead provide a new avatar for cwtcr:

Florida Hokie
Party: Like a Rock Star

Post by Florida Hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
absolutvt03 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Come on. JoePa was the boss. He knew what was happening and did nothing to stop it or fire Sandusky. He's completely guilty.
no jo pa could not stop a pedophile, yes he could fire Sandusky... would that stop the guy, i doubt it. I blame sandusky, not the folks around him as they are not law enforcement, prosecuters or judges, so their power to stop a criminal is not great.
If Frank Beamer knew of a coach's preference for boy diddlin', in the LEAST, I'd hope he wouldn't tacitly endorse said diddlin' on Virginia Tech property. A strong expectation would be that he report what he knew to authorities despite the potential for harm to the program. A reasonable expectation would be that he did what he could do to disassociate the man with VT at any level.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
-lives ruined
- his own legacy
- the school's rep

No one is so busy that if they find that one of their employees is doinking little boys up the beezerpass, on the job site, that they shouldn't do something about it, and put what has them "busy" aside just long enough to save a boy from having his life ruined. Don'tchathink?

JoePa knew. There is no longer defense. He was essentially an accomplice
Salute the Marines
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
-lives ruined
- his own legacy
- the school's rep

No one is so busy that if they find that one of their employees is doinking little boys up the beezerpass, on the job site, that they shouldn't do something about it, and put what has them "busy" aside just long enough to save a boy from having his life ruined. Don'tchathink?

Yep. And the great irony is that he had an (undeserved, IMO) reputation for academics / students first, when it was really his own legacy that came first, even at the expense of little kids having their lives ruined.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
-lives ruined
- his own legacy
- the school's rep

Yep. And the great irony is that he had an (undeserved, IMO) reputation for academics / students first, when it was really his own legacy that came first, even at the expense of little kids having their lives ruined.
My Dad always said he thought JoePa was a mafia type and that's not far off the mark.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
-lives ruined
- his own legacy
- the school's rep

My Dad always said he thought JoePa was a mafia type and that's not far off the mark.
Nah, if JoePa were to handle this mafia style, Sandusky would have gone on a fishing trip and not come back.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

My uncle & aunt-in-laws (is that a thing? FIL's brother & wife) lived across from JoePa for yrs & yrs ...first met in faculty housing when both were young couples and JoePa new to PSU. The Paternos didn't know how to do laundry; aunt showed them how to add soap to the machine (to be fair way back then not everyone had a washing machine nor knew how to use..).

30 years ago, me: "wow! You know Joe Paterno! I think he's great! One of the greatest ever, even.."
Uncle: "oh, he certainly has good teams. The problem with Joe, though, is that he really thinks he's great, one of the greatest ever, even"

I learned that modesty is a virtue. Apparently, Joe never did, but sure knew how to work the press.
Salute the Marines
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

quote="awesome guy"]
cwtcr hokie wrote:
absolutvt03 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Come on. JoePa was the boss. He knew what was happening and did nothing to stop it or fire Sandusky. He's completely guilty.[/quote]

no jo pa could not stop a pedophile, yes he could fire Sandusky... would that stop the guy, i doubt it. I blame sandusky, not the folks around him as they are not law enforcement, prosecuters or judges, so their power to stop a criminal is not great.[/quote]

If Frank Beamer knew of a coach's preference for boy diddlin', in the LEAST, I'd hope he wouldn't tacitly endorse said diddlin' on Virginia Tech property. A strong expectation would be that he report what he knew to authorities despite the potential for harm to the program. A reasonable expectation would be that he did what he could do to disassociate the man with VT at any level.[/quote]

thank you, you just proved the point I am trying to make. Jo Pa could not arrest Sandusky, yes he could fire him. Of course the day care workers in NC that were accused years ago could have been guilty, they were not and even tho their lives were ruined due to the accusation they were never arrested either.

I am not looking at this from the emotional side, Yes Sandusky should have been deposited on some island in the pacific but practicality speaking an accusation or rumor is not enough to get anyone prosecuted, you need some proof from somewhere, the folks that had the ability to stop Sandusky were his victims, starting with the first one and everyone thereafter in reality.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
-lives ruined
- his own legacy
- the school's rep

except he never saw that, he was told a story by his assistant coach of a retired coach and some noises from the shower, he did exactly what he was supposed to do and took it up the chain of command. Do you think that if he walked into the police station with third hand information the cops would act on it.... of course not
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
-lives ruined
- his own legacy
- the school's rep

if you are referencing the last victim, the one in the shower, Sandusky was not his coach, he was retired and the same as any other retired faculty had access to the Penn State facilities. And Jo Pa did take the information up the command chain exactly as is required of him. So if you walk into the police station and tell them a friend told you he heard noises in the Y gym shower and something may have happened, do you think they would do anything beside say OK? no, they need a victim and proof to move forward, third hand information is not acted on.
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
-lives ruined
- his own legacy
- the school's rep

if you are referencing the last victim, the one in the shower, Sandusky was not his coach, he was retired and the same as any other retired faculty had access to the Penn State facilities. And Jo Pa did take the information up the command chain exactly as is required of him. So if you walk into the police station and tell them a friend told you he heard noises in the Y gym shower and something may have happened, do you think they would do anything beside say OK? no, they need a victim and proof to move forward, third hand information is not acted on.
Do you think that is the first time Paterno had any inkling that Sandusky had inappropriate relationships with young boys?
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Cwtcr- does blood rush to your head, standing upside down like that when discussing JoePa? He knew. He did nothing. Lives ruined. Case closed
Salute the Marines
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
-lives ruined
- his own legacy
- the school's rep

And then he worked behind the scenes to tell them it was nothing, right?
ElbertoHokie
Party: Independent

Post by ElbertoHokie »

What connection does cwctr have to PSU?
Florida Hokie
Party: Like a Rock Star

Post by Florida Hokie »

ElbertoHokie wrote:What connection does cwctr have to PSU?
No connection. What's so hard to understand?

1) If you aren't a police officer, you have very limited responsibility in regard to the safety of others
2) If you are a victim of a pedophile, and don't report it, you get what you deserve
3) If you have knowledge of a pedophile's acts of violence, or, in the least, a 20+ year history of suspicious incidents involving said pedophile, you only need to do the absolute minimum necessary and as defined by your University's policies and procedures manual to say you did your best to prevent further crime.
4) Allowing a pedophile continued access to facilities over which you have complete control is ok since, you know, all of the above.
5) JoePa's actions, or lack thereof, were rooted in discipline and morals and had nothing to do whatsoever with the reputation JoePa had forged for PSU's football program and his overall win totals.

THis is the Gospel according to cwtcr.