Wonder how the Penn State Truthers will spin this

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
HvilleHokie

Re: Wonder how the Penn State Truthers will spin this

Post by HvilleHokie »

awesome guy wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:You posted something that is either misspelled or auto corrected to non sense and you're just being a troll. Got it. You're such a dishonest troll, that you can't even answer an honest and very easy question that has NOTHING to do with partisan politics. But you're the good poster. Uh huh...
OK douchebag.

yes.. very enlightened.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

HvilleHokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:You posted something that is either misspelled or auto corrected to non sense and you're just being a troll. Got it. You're such a dishonest troll, that you can't even answer an honest and very easy question that has NOTHING to do with partisan politics. But you're the good poster. Uh huh...
OK douchebag.

yes.. very enlightened.
There you go again.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:Cwtcr- does blood rush to your head, standing upside down like that when discussing JoePa? He knew. He did nothing. Lives ruined. Case closed
no, i just don't trash the guy as nobody ever proved he had actual knowledge of the guys activities. And I see that Sandusky was able to do his stuff for over 30+ years and even run a kids camp thing..... so apparantly the entire town that surrounds PSU were in on the deal. IF we take the jo pa theory to its logical next step.
Did you read the article linked in orig post?
The whole community (my uncle in law included) was not told; however, JoePa was told back in 1076. Joe knew.

Say it with me, "JoePa knew", and then say "ahhh now I get it" ;)
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:Cwtcr- does blood rush to your head, standing upside down like that when discussing JoePa? He knew. He did nothing. Lives ruined. Case closed
no, i just don't trash the guy as nobody ever proved he had actual knowledge of the guys activities. And I see that Sandusky was able to do his stuff for over 30+ years and even run a kids camp thing..... so apparantly the entire town that surrounds PSU were in on the deal. IF we take the jo pa theory to its logical next step.
The whole community (my uncle in law included) was not told; however, JoePa was told back in 1076. Joe knew.

So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:What does accentra mean?
Accenture. Hilarious that you're playing coy, though I'm just as likely overestimating your intelligence.
You're confusing me for someone that works for Accenture? I'm not playing coy at all, just didn't know what accentra meant. I knew you were trying to insult, was just curious what it meant. Funny that you think you may have overestimated my intelligence when you misspelled a company's name that has no relevance to me as if I should know what you meant even had you been intelligent enough to express yourself accurately.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

BG Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Accenture. Hilarious that you're playing coy, though I'm just as likely overestimating your intelligence.
You're confusing me for someone that works for Accenture? I'm not playing coy at all, just didn't know what accentra meant. I knew you were trying to insult, was just curious what it meant. Funny that you think you may have overestimated my intelligence when you misspelled a company's name that has no relevance to me as if I should know what you meant even had you been intelligent enough to express yourself accurately.
You said you worked at a big 5 consulting firm, no?
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
No, I worked Big 5 accounting firms out of school over 12 years ago.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

he knew the rumors or Sandusky sat down with him and admitted everything he had done by 1976? Again, if somebody comes to you as a private citizen and says your co-worker and friend is a big criminal what are you going to do with that knowledge, citizen arrest?

That is my point you all are missing,, jo pa was not a cop, prosecutor or judge so no idea how he would "stop" Sandusky. Yes he could fire the guy, of course keep in mind that Sandusky was not arrested until what 2013? So what grounds does he have to fire him over, an accusation. And of course if he fires him in 1976 since it was only an accusation and the guy was NEVER arrested until over 20 years later you think Sandusky would have stopped what he was doing or got prosecuted any sooner?

I just don't blame jo pa is all, i blame the criminal and the early victims for not coming forward and persuing a case, a criminal act was committed against them and they had an obligation to persue justice.... then that stops the criminal, doing nothing only lets the person do more crimes.
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

he knew the rumors or Sandusky sat down with him and admitted everything he had done by 1976? Again, if somebody comes to you as a private citizen and says your co-worker and friend is a big criminal what are you going to do with that knowledge, citizen arrest?

That is my point you all are missing,, jo pa was not a cop, prosecutor or judge so no idea how he would "stop" Sandusky. Yes he could fire the guy, of course keep in mind that Sandusky was not arrested until what 2013? So what grounds does he have to fire him over, an accusation. And of course if he fires him in 1976 since it was only an accusation and the guy was NEVER arrested until over 20 years later you think Sandusky would have stopped what he was doing or got prosecuted any sooner?

I just don't blame jo pa is all, i blame the criminal and the early victims for not coming forward and persuing a case, a criminal act was committed against them and they had an obligation to persue justice.... then that stops the criminal, doing nothing only lets the person do more crimes.
Just for the record, Joe Pa's Ball cwcter continues to amaze me.

A real rationalizing response from Joe Pa's Ball cwcter is that why should Joe Pa bother to do the right thing even as early as 1976 given that Sandusky would have continued to coach elsewhere and do those things elsewhere, regardless. Might as well do them in my program since he's a friend and a good defensive coordinator!
Florida Hokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Like a Rock Star

Post by Florida Hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
Other than the fact he was informed of the abusive behavior?
are you talking about the last incident in the shower, at which point Sandusky had been retired from the coaching staff for several years so jo pa took it to the appropriate university personnel, exactly as he was supposed to do. If there were times before that then I did not see that in all the stuff I read on it. but if someone tells you they think one of your friends is committing illegal acts what are you going to do with that info? you have no idea if it is true or not and as we see daily accusations can be thrown at anyone for anything. I don't have any idea what jo pa knew but to me if the criminal is able to get away with his/her crimes for over 30+ years all the while with a family and running a kids camp thing then the guy is pretty capable of hiding what he is doing. I am amazed that Sandusky was able to do that, that is the mind blowing thing to me. But I blame Sandusky, not the people around him, heck his wife should get most of the ire if that is the case. Its the same reason I blame the moron that shot up the SC church, not is parents or a flag
The Gospel According to cwtcr:
3) If you have knowledge of a pedophile's acts of violence, or, in the least, a 20+ year history of suspicious incidents involving said pedophile, you only need to do the absolute minimum necessary and as defined by your University's policies and procedures manual to say you did your best to prevent further crime.
Florida Hokie

Post by Florida Hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:What was he told by who? remember that at some point early on the cops had him on audiotape admitting to something to the mother of a victim or something... and he was not even arrested. But my question remains, somebody tells you your friend is engaged in illegal activity, as a private citizen not sure what you do with that info wether you believe it or not, and since it is your friend human nature is going to make you lean to not believing the information.
I think you're looking at this a friend relationship when it's really a employer relationship. Your comments about the cops dropping the case is also an indictment against PennState as it shows a university out of control and protected from criminal charges by the police.[/quote]

When the entire law enforcement folks cannot even get an arrest tho, not sure everyone in happy valley was ok with what sandusky was doing but apparantly the entire town and everyone in it were ok with it for 30+ years. Remember his kids charity camp thing was well after the rumors were known.[/quote]

The Gospel according to cwtcr:
1) If you aren't a police officer, you have very limited responsibility in regard to the safety of others
Florida Hokie

Post by Florida Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
It's Big 4 now - just FYI
Florida Hokie

Post by Florida Hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

2) If you are a victim of a pedophile, and don't report it, you get what you deserve
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

Florida Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
There is a Big 4 of accounting firms. Pricewaterhouse, Deloitte, KPMG, and Ernst & Young.

Accenture is a consulting firm. Is there also a Big 4/5 of consulting firms or are you and your friend awesome guy conflating the two? I honestly don't know. Accenture may do some accounting based consulting but they don't do audits and tax work. Two different businesses that do have a small level of overlap.
Florida Hokie

Post by Florida Hokie »

BG Hokie wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
There is a Big 4 of accounting firms. Pricewaterhouse, Deloitte, KPMG, and Ernst & Young.

Accenture is a consulting firm. Is there also a Big 4/5 of consulting firms or are you and your friend awesome guy conflating the two? I honestly don't know. Accenture may do some accounting based consulting but they don't do audits and tax work. Two different businesses that do have a small level of overlap.
Huh - I was just pointing it out to Awesome Guy. I did Big 5 time so I was just noting the change. DIdn't Accenture fall out of one of the biggies? I can't remember - they're all the same. :)
Vienna_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: libertarian

Post by Vienna_Hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:What was he told by who? remember that at some point early on the cops had him on audiotape admitting to something to the mother of a victim or something... and he was not even arrested. But my question remains, somebody tells you your friend is engaged in illegal activity, as a private citizen not sure what you do with that info wether you believe it or not, and since it is your friend human nature is going to make you lean to not believing the information.
I think you're looking at this a friend relationship when it's really a employer relationship. Your comments about the cops dropping the case is also an indictment against PennState as it shows a university out of control and protected from criminal charges by the police.[/quote]

When the entire law enforcement folks cannot even get an arrest tho, not sure everyone in happy valley was ok with what sandusky was doing but apparantly the entire town and everyone in it were ok with it for 30+ years. Remember his kids charity camp thing was well after the rumors were known.[/quote]

No one thinks the town was in on it. My issue has always been that it has always appeared (not proven, but seems hard to believe there weren't some) that knew and kept it close in order to protect the almighty football program, including it appears the local police. That's been my issue from day 1 and especially when they didn't get the death penalty. The entire Penn State community is in some ways responsible for this because they created an atmosphere where a football program was placed in a position where it was more important than anything else, to the point where boys were raped. The information released during the investigation about the woman brought in to run the compliance department who was run out by Mrs JoPa and got no support from the school was very telling to me about the environment there.

The program should have been disbanded because of this, the entire culture around football is completely out of touch with reality and that was how something horrible like this could happen. Paterno was the figurehead they all worshiped, but in the end, the entire Penn State Football community and culture is the problem.
Looks like the only thing 1984 got wrong was the date.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

Florida Hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

2) If you are a victim of a pedophile, and don't report it, you get what you deserve
it is hilarious in all yours and Beegees snarky responses you both continue to say exactly how Jo Pa was supposed to stop Sandusky as a private citizen. Was jo pa standing their as he committed his criminal acts???? doubt it. AND AGAIN, YOU ARE TOLD YOUR CO-WORKER, FRIEND, RELATIVE IS COMMITTING CRIMINAL ACTS, you have no idea if it is true or not...WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO STOP THE PERSON???

its a simple question, sorry it is so hard for you guys

next snarky response expected, great conversation
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

Florida Hokie wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

Huh - I was just pointing it out to Awesome Guy. I did Big 5 time so I was just noting the change. DIdn't Accenture fall out of one of the biggies? I can't remember - they're all the same. :)
Accenture is a consulting firm, and there is a big 5 consulting firm designation (same as big 4 accounting, plus Accenture).
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

Vienna_Hokie wrote:
I think you're looking at this a friend relationship when it's really a employer relationship. Your comments about the cops dropping the case is also an indictment against PennState as it shows a university out of control and protected from criminal charges by the police.

No one thinks the town was in on it. My issue has always been that it has always appeared (not proven, but seems hard to believe there weren't some) that knew and kept it close in order to protect the almighty football program, including it appears the local police. That's been my issue from day 1 and especially when they didn't get the death penalty. The entire Penn State community is in some ways responsible for this because they created an atmosphere where a football program was placed in a position where it was more important than anything else, to the point where boys were raped. The information released during the investigation about the woman brought in to run the compliance department who was run out by Mrs JoPa and got no support from the school was very telling to me about the environment there.

The program should have been disbanded because of this, the entire culture around football is completely out of touch with reality and that was how something horrible like this could happen. Paterno was the figurehead they all worshiped, but in the end, the entire Penn State Football community and culture is the problem.[/quote]

you do realize sandusky ran a childrens charity/camp thing, so no it was not just PSU, it was the entire area and everyone in it. So I guess you want to wipe out the area and everyone in it, if you want to daisy cutter PSU fball.

If a history professor is found to be boinking underage males or females are you daisy cutting the entire history dept.. Keep in mind that teachers are accused and convicted of messing with underage folks on a regular basis these days. Sorry, i blame the criminal, not everyone else on the planet
Florida Hokie

Post by Florida Hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:it is hilarious in all yours and Beegees snarky responses you both continue to say exactly how Jo Pa was supposed to stop Sandusky as a private citizen. Was jo pa standing their as he committed his criminal acts???? doubt it. AND AGAIN, YOU ARE TOLD YOUR CO-WORKER, FRIEND, RELATIVE IS COMMITTING CRIMINAL ACTS, BY MULTIPLE PEOPLE ON MULTIPLE OCCASIONS you HAD EVERY REASON IN THE WORLD TO SUSPECT IT WAS TRUE...WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO STOP THE PERSON???

FIxed the question. and EVERYONE HERE has said what they'd do. Not let the guy within miles of PSU's facilities and disassociate from him.

Can you just skip the arguments and simply say that it is impossible for you to believe that JoePa could do any wrong whatsoever?
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

it is hilarious in all yours and Beegees snarky responses you both continue to say exactly how Jo Pa was supposed to stop Sandusky as a private citizen. Was jo pa standing their as he committed his criminal acts???? doubt it. AND AGAIN, YOU ARE TOLD YOUR CO-WORKER, FRIEND, RELATIVE IS COMMITTING CRIMINAL ACTS, you have no idea if it is true or not...WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO STOP THE PERSON???

Sandusky was not a co-worker, he was employed by JoePa. JoePa should have removed him from his coaching staff. He has more than one report of child abuse. One is probably enough. But multiple indicators is more than enough.
What happens afterward with Sandusky is irrelevant. JoePa was responsible for his players, and he failed them miserably.
Florida Hokie

Post by Florida Hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:If a history professor is found to be boinking underage males or females are you daisy cutting the entire history dept.. Keep in mind that teachers are accused and convicted of messing with underage folks on a regular basis these days. Sorry, i blame the criminal, not everyone else on the planet
No we are suggesting that if the history teacher is found to be boinking underage males AND the Principal was told about it but did nothing to stop it then they both should be gone.

You seriously SERIOUSLY can't be this thick-headed in real life. It just can't be possible.
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

Florida Hokie wrote: Huh - I was just pointing it out to Awesome Guy. I did Big 5 time so I was just noting the change. DIdn't Accenture fall out of one of the biggies? I can't remember - they're all the same. :)
Accenture was Andersen Consulting which was a spin off from Arthur Andersen (the accounting firm). If I remember correctly, it was an ugly break up. Accenture has never been an accounting firm nor was Andersen Consulting.
Florida Hokie

Post by Florida Hokie »

BG Hokie wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote: Huh - I was just pointing it out to Awesome Guy. I did Big 5 time so I was just noting the change. DIdn't Accenture fall out of one of the biggies? I can't remember - they're all the same. :)
Accenture was Andersen Consulting which was a spin off from Arthur Andersen (the accounting firm). If I remember correctly, it was an ugly break up. Accenture has never been an accounting firm nor was Andersen Consulting.
Got it - I've tried to black out that entire period of my life.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

no, i just don't trash the guy as nobody ever proved he had actual knowledge of the guys activities. And I see that Sandusky was able to do his stuff for over 30+ years and even run a kids camp thing..... so apparantly the entire town that surrounds PSU were in on the deal. IF we take the jo pa theory to its logical next step.[/quote]

Say it with me, "JoePa knew", and then say "ahhh now I get it" ;)[/quote]

I just don't blame jo pa is all, i blame the criminal and the early victims for not coming forward and persuing a case, a criminal act was committed against them and they had an obligation to persue justice.... then that stops the criminal, doing nothing only lets the person do more crimes.[/quote]

2) If you are a victim of a pedophile, and don't report it, you get what you deserve[/quote]

next snarky response expected, great conversation[/quote]

Sandusky was not a co-worker, he was employed by JoePa. JoePa should have removed him from his coaching staff. He has more than one report of child abuse. One is probably enough. But multiple indicators is more than enough.
What happens afterward with Sandusky is irrelevant. JoePa was responsible for his players, and he failed them miserably.[/quote]

actually he was employed by the state of PA i would assume. Remove him for an accusation, the guy was not arrested until 2013 at which point he had been removed from the staff long before that and had access to PSU facilities same as any other retired school employee. but i ask again, what are you doing to stop your co-worker, friend or relative if someone makes an accusation against them and the cops are not arresting the person?