As voters get lower & lower in info, their jobs get easier..

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
UpstateSCHokie

As voters get lower & lower in info, their jobs get easier..

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

Not a surprise to those of us that are paying attention.

=======================================
'Screw the next generation': Anonymous congressman writes tell-all and slams 'nation of naive, self-absorbed sheep' as he admits he never reads bills he votes on
By David Martosko, Us Political Editor For Dailymail.com
Published: 07:36 EST, 12 May 2016 | Updated: 13:29 EST, 12 May 2016

A new book threatens to blow the lid off of Congress as a legislator has penned a tell-all about the worst parts of serving in the House of Representatives – saying that his main job is to raise money for re-election and that leaves little time for reading the bills he votes on.

Mill City Press, a small Minnesota-based 'vanity press' publisher describes 'The Confessions of Congressman X' as 'a devastating inside look at the dark side of Congress as revealed by one of its own.'

'No wonder Congressman X wants to remain anonymous for fear of retribution. His admissions are deeply disturbing.'

The 84-page exposé is due in bookstores in two weeks, and Washington is abuzz with speculation about who may be behind it.

A website set up to sell the book discloses that the author is a 'Democrat.'

Robert Atkinson, a former chief of staff and press secretary for two congressional Democrats, took notes on a series of informal talks with him – whoever he is – and later published them with his permission.

Much of what's in the book will come as little surprise to Americans who are cynical about the political process.

'Most of my colleagues are dishonest career politicians who revel in the power and special-interest money that's lavished upon them,' the author writes.

'My main job is to keep my job, to get reelected. It takes precedence over everything.'

'Fundraising is so time consuming I seldom read any bills I vote on. Like many of my colleagues, I don't know how the legislation will be implemented, or what it'll cost.'

The book also takes shots at voters as disconnected idiots who let Congress abuse its power through sheer incompetence.

'Voters are incredibly ignorant and know little about our form of government and how it works,' the anonymous writer claims.

'It's far easier than you think to manipulate a nation of naive, self-absorbed sheep who crave instant gratification.'

And the take-away message is one of resigned depression about how Congress sacrifices America's future on the altar of its collective ego.

'We spend money we don't have and blithely mortgage the future with a wink and a nod. Screw the next generation,' the author writes.

'It's about getting credit now, lookin' good for the upcoming election.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... es-on.html

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)