democrat policies abort businesses, not just babies

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
UpstateSCHokie

democrat policies abort businesses, not just babies

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

It's sad that more people do not understand just how destructive big government regulations are to our economy, not to mention how many goods and services we are currently living without because the businesses that would have brought them to us never got off the ground.

Democrats love to regulate the hell out of everything (except abortion clinics). But what good have those regulations brought us? 30-40 years ago, people in this country could make a good living without having to go to college. Of course they could do better if they went to college, but a college degree was not a necessity.

Today, even with a college degree its WAY TOO hard to find a job in this country. Why? Mainly two reasons: 1) There are not enough small businesses in this country to create a demand for labor and 2) the supply of cheap labor from illegal aliens is making it too hard for law-abiding American citizens to find one of the few good-paying jobs out there.

I believe Trump understands these problems, and will start to undo decades of job-destroying regulations and policies. We all know darn well that Hillary will double down on these policies.
===========================

Why I Stand With Donald Trump
94 Shares
By Bernie Marcus
June 01, 2016

As a backer of former Republican presidential candidates, I now stand in support of Donald J. Trump because the fate of this nation depends upon sending him, and not Hillary Clinton, to the White House.

I know Donald Trump, but we’re not close friends. However, I believe he will begin on Day One undoing the damage done by President Barack Obama. I stand ready to help him at every turn.

Like many, I am deeply concerned about the US Supreme Court. When Trump recently released his list of potential appointees, I grew confident in his resolve to keep our court balanced. Even more important: Clinton will push the court leftward for generations. She must be stopped.

But I draw even more from lessons learned when we founded The Home Depot in 1978 rather than from the contentious GOP primary of 2016. I genuinely believe that if we to started The Home Depot today, we would fail because of the hurdles government, especially the current administration, places in front of small business owners. I never forget The Home Depot’s small business roots – we started as a small business with four stores in Atlanta, Georgia.

I think of the banker who nearly lost his job by taking a risk and giving us a line of credit when we started. He didn’t just look at our balance sheet; he believed in our character and determination. Government regulators don’t allow this under Dodd-Frank – a law Hillary Clinton wants to make far worse.

Article Continues Below
Sanders On Health Care During CA Campaign Swing
AP
And going public under Sarbanes-Oxley, a Clinton favorite? Not the company we built, nor thousands of other businesses like ours the nation will never know because they died at birth, strangled by faceless bureaucrats and politicians who erroneously believe that government “can do it better.”

Yet the risks we took in the 1970s have resulted in millions of jobs – not just at The Home Depot, but at our suppliers, our vendors, and even our customers’ businesses. Investors believed in us, and the government did not stop us.

We could not do this today, for the same reason why so many Americans have dropped out of the workforce, why their wages have been stagnant, why their health care is a mess, and why our economy has stalled. It’s Obama/Clinton-style government that’s getting in the way.

I have never seen our government as hostile to free enterprise, especially small business, as it is today. It is driving over-regulation, over-taxation, over-litigation, and over-spending. These “overs” are killing small businesses, which create the majority of new jobs in America.

Politicians like Obama and Clinton, aided by the media and academia, have peddled a dangerous sentiment that government can provide for Americans better than the private sector. That’s not just false, it’s likely the nexus of Trump’s massively popular slogan, “Make America Great Again.” We saw it first hand.

The vast majority of early Home Depot associates did not have a college education. But they worked hard and were paid with salaries and stock options. Those options made many people wealthy, and fueled our robust growth.

One young man started with us at 17 years of age, bringing carts in from the parking lot. Ultimately, he became a regional president. Imagine Americans vilifying this young man, who became a millionaire and earned every penny of it.

What makes America great? Risk, preparation, hard work, and a young man’s willingness to shag carts from a parking lot because he has faith that he and his family can be great.

Donald Trump is right: To inspire more of these men and women, we must make America great again. Record-breaking numbers of Republican primary voters agree. They overwhelmingly want Donald Trump to lead this sea change, and we believe he can. But he needs to stand on our shoulders; he cannot do it alone.

One of the greatest lessons we took away from The Home Depot is to always listen to your customers. Without their input, we surely would have failed. Republican leaders must listen to their customers, too – their voters – and they have spoken clearly.

As Americans, the choice is abundantly clear: If you want four more years of President Obama, vote for Hillary Clinton; if you want to take the country in a new direction, vote for Donald Trump.

Make no mistake, Republicans who refuse to stand behind their party’s nominee are electing Clinton, whether they cast their ballots for her or not. I have a message for the #NeverTrump crowd: Enough already. Donald Trump is our presumptive nominee and it is time to get over wishing it were not so. If you don’t, change your social media hashtag to #HillaryGOP.

As a GOP donor who stood steadfastly behind Jeb Bush – and who has contributed to candidates for a generation – I urge all Republicans to stand up and be counted in support for Donald Trump.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articl ... 30727.html

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
HvilleHokie

Re: democrat policies abort businesses, not just babies

Post by HvilleHokie »

Donald trump is not a conservative.

He will increase minimum wage. He will restrict free trade with tariffs. He will insert government into business like never before.

His biggest campaign post will be "I'm not Hillary!"

His best chance at victory is to turn Michigan and Pennsylvania.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HvilleHokie wrote:Donald trump is not a conservative.

He will increase minimum wage. He will restrict free trade with tariffs. He will insert government into business like never before.

Stop the presses!

Holy moly! I agree with Hville! :)
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

RiverguyVT wrote:

Stop the presses!

I'm more shocked that he made something close to an opinion post instead of "Go Team!" or his other dimwitted insults.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
HvilleHokie

Post by HvilleHokie »

awesome guy wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:

Stop the presses!

I'm more shocked that he made something close to an opinion post instead of "Go Team!" or his other dimwitted insults.
As you near 20k posts, I hope you give careful consideration to what number 20,000 will be. Please don't let it be a simple "Uh huh" or "dipshit". I hope you do one of your famous demonstratively false posts. Something along the lines of Bob Woodward outed Valerie Plame or iphone/harddrives. Please give it some thought!
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

HvilleHokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:

Stop the presses!

As you near 20k posts, I hope you give careful consideration to what number 20,000 will be. Please don't let it be a simple "Uh huh" or "dipshit". I hope you do one of your famous demonstratively false posts. Something along the lines of Bob Woodward outed Valerie Plame or iphone/harddrives. Please give it some thought!
Uh huh dipshit

Go Team!
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:It's sad that more people do not understand just how destructive big government regulations are to our economy, not to mention how many goods and services we are currently living without because the businesses that would have brought them to us never got off the ground.

Democrats love to regulate the hell out of everything (except abortion clinics). But what good have those regulations brought us? 30-40 years ago, people in this country could make a good living without having to go to college. Of course they could do better if they went to college, but a college degree was not a necessity.

Today, even with a college degree its WAY TOO hard to find a job in this country. Why? Mainly two reasons: 1) There are not enough small businesses in this country to create a demand for labor and 2) the supply of cheap labor from illegal aliens is making it too hard for law-abiding American citizens to find one of the few good-paying jobs out there.

I believe Trump understands these problems, and will start to undo decades of job-destroying regulations and policies. We all know darn well that Hillary will double down on these policies.
=========================

Why I Stand With Donald Trump
94 Shares
By Bernie Marcus
June 01, 2016

As a backer of former Republican presidential candidates, I now stand in support of Donald J. Trump because the fate of this nation depends upon sending him, and not Hillary Clinton, to the White House.

I know Donald Trump, but we’re not close friends. However, I believe he will begin on Day One undoing the damage done by President Barack Obama. I stand ready to help him at every turn.

Like many, I am deeply concerned about the US Supreme Court. When Trump recently released his list of potential appointees, I grew confident in his resolve to keep our court balanced. Even more important: Clinton will push the court leftward for generations. She must be stopped.

But I draw even more from lessons learned when we founded The Home Depot in 1978 rather than from the contentious GOP primary of 2016. I genuinely believe that if we to started The Home Depot today, we would fail because of the hurdles government, especially the current administration, places in front of small business owners. I never forget The Home Depot’s small business roots – we started as a small business with four stores in Atlanta, Georgia.

I think of the banker who nearly lost his job by taking a risk and giving us a line of credit when we started. He didn’t just look at our balance sheet; he believed in our character and determination. Government regulators don’t allow this under Dodd-Frank – a law Hillary Clinton wants to make far worse.

Article Continues Below
Sanders On Health Care During CA Campaign Swing
AP
And going public under Sarbanes-Oxley, a Clinton favorite? Not the company we built, nor thousands of other businesses like ours the nation will never know because they died at birth, strangled by faceless bureaucrats and politicians who erroneously believe that government “can do it better.”

Yet the risks we took in the 1970s have resulted in millions of jobs – not just at The Home Depot, but at our suppliers, our vendors, and even our customers’ businesses. Investors believed in us, and the government did not stop us.

We could not do this today, for the same reason why so many Americans have dropped out of the workforce, why their wages have been stagnant, why their health care is a mess, and why our economy has stalled. It’s Obama/Clinton-style government that’s getting in the way.

I have never seen our government as hostile to free enterprise, especially small business, as it is today. It is driving over-regulation, over-taxation, over-litigation, and over-spending. These “overs” are killing small businesses, which create the majority of new jobs in America.

Politicians like Obama and Clinton, aided by the media and academia, have peddled a dangerous sentiment that government can provide for Americans better than the private sector. That’s not just false, it’s likely the nexus of Trump’s massively popular slogan, “Make America Great Again.” We saw it first hand.

The vast majority of early Home Depot associates did not have a college education. But they worked hard and were paid with salaries and stock options. Those options made many people wealthy, and fueled our robust growth.

One young man started with us at 17 years of age, bringing carts in from the parking lot. Ultimately, he became a regional president. Imagine Americans vilifying this young man, who became a millionaire and earned every penny of it.

What makes America great? Risk, preparation, hard work, and a young man’s willingness to shag carts from a parking lot because he has faith that he and his family can be great.

Donald Trump is right: To inspire more of these men and women, we must make America great again. Record-breaking numbers of Republican primary voters agree. They overwhelmingly want Donald Trump to lead this sea change, and we believe he can. But he needs to stand on our shoulders; he cannot do it alone.

One of the greatest lessons we took away from The Home Depot is to always listen to your customers. Without their input, we surely would have failed. Republican leaders must listen to their customers, too – their voters – and they have spoken clearly.

As Americans, the choice is abundantly clear: If you want four more years of President Obama, vote for Hillary Clinton; if you want to take the country in a new direction, vote for Donald Trump.

Make no mistake, Republicans who refuse to stand behind their party’s nominee are electing Clinton, whether they cast their ballots for her or not. I have a message for the #NeverTrump crowd: Enough already. Donald Trump is our presumptive nominee and it is time to get over wishing it were not so. If you don’t, change your social media hashtag to #HillaryGOP.

As a GOP donor who stood steadfastly behind Jeb Bush – and who has contributed to candidates for a generation – I urge all Republicans to stand up and be counted in support for Donald Trump.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articl ... 30727.html
good article and some good points made