Be Civil. Go Hokies.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Re: Judge goes easy on rapist to avoid "severe impact on him

Post by nolanvt »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:Guys, this ain't that difficult. If you did not consent, you were assaulted/raped. I was with CW on his story until the would-be victim stated he consented. The prosecution will not be able to get a conviction if the alleged victim himself does not believe he was a victim.
He was drunk. He could not consent.

This ain't that difficult: The guy had pressure to say he consented (the guy looks like a pussy and likely ruins a relationship with a woman who will sleep with him). The woman had pressure to say she did not (she would look like a whore and no men would sleep with her). Now, I'm not saying that the woman wasn't raped, just that the factors you're using to make a distinction between the two cases are variable with society. If justice were blind, the two cases would be treated exactly the same. To CW's point, there is no equality and sexism is still alive and well...when it benefits women.
The Stanford woman was evaluated at the scene of the crime by the police and later on by medical examiners after she regained consciousness. Couple that with the eye-witness accounts of the two guys who found what he was doing to her (and stopped it because a crime was being committed), the evidence was pretty clear she did not consent.

both participants were drunker than hell, when did she pass out?
When she passed out is irrelevant.
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:Guys, this ain't that difficult. If you did not consent, you were assaulted/raped. I was with CW on his story until the would-be victim stated he consented. The prosecution will not be able to get a conviction if the alleged victim himself does not believe he was a victim.

This ain't that difficult: The guy had pressure to say he consented (the guy looks like a pussy and likely ruins a relationship with a woman who will sleep with him). The woman had pressure to say she did not (she would look like a whore and no men would sleep with her). Now, I'm not saying that the woman wasn't raped, just that the factors you're using to make a distinction between the two cases are variable with society. If justice were blind, the two cases would be treated exactly the same. To CW's point, there is no equality and sexism is still alive and well...when it benefits women.
The Stanford woman was evaluated at the scene of the crime by the police and later on by medical examiners after she regained consciousness. Couple that with the eye-witness accounts of the two guys who found what he was doing to her (and stopped it because a crime was being committed), the evidence was pretty clear she did not consent.
What's your point? There's VIDEO of homeboy having a sexual act performed on him while laid out on the pavement. Everyone with a television in Hampton Roads witnessed it.
My point is that a crime was committed and the conviction was based on a multitude of evidence in the Stanford case.

I generally agree that a crime was committed in the Hampton Roads case, but you can't get a conviction if the alleged victim would testify at trial that he was not raped and gave consent.
Forget the courts, why wasn't the woman restrained and arrested on scene?
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

What's your point? There's VIDEO of homeboy having a sexual act performed on him while laid out on the pavement. Everyone with a television in Hampton Roads witnessed it.
My point is that a crime was committed and the conviction was based on a multitude of evidence in the Stanford case.

I generally agree that a crime was committed in the Hampton Roads case, but you can't get a conviction if the alleged victim would testify at trial that he was not raped and gave consent.
I love how you talk in circles. Great entertainment.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

both participants were drunker than hell, when did she pass out?
When she passed out is irrelevant.
False. It's highly relevant. It's pathetic how eager you are to ruin a life forever over finger banging a girl at a frat party. I'm sure you'd sing another tune if it were two queers involved.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote: False. It's highly relevant. It's pathetic how eager you are to ruin a life forever over finger banging a girl at a frat party. I'm sure you'd sing another tune if it were two queers involved.
I'm not a low info, so I know that a person doesn't necessarily have to pass out in order to lose the capacity to legally consent. This kid ruined his own life when he committed multiple felonies.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote: False. It's highly relevant. It's pathetic how eager you are to ruin a life forever over finger banging a girl at a frat party. I'm sure you'd sing another tune if it were two queers involved.
I'm not a low info, so I know that a person doesn't necessarily have to pass out in order to lose the capacity to legally consent. This kid ruined his own life when he committed multiple felonies.
You're the very definition of low info and low IQ. Especially with consent. But keep up the entertainment. You're creepy, but amusing.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
it is rather relevant when she passed out but it brings up a good point. When did the alkeehawl hit her, was she taking lots of shots and it hit her hard or was she drunker than hell the whole time. It appears the guy was also very drunk so how can he comprehend wether she is giving consent or not? His capacity is also limited due to the alkeehawl so maybe she gave clear consent and he would not even know it. I agree both participants were dumb and the guy should have left her passed out next to the dumpster and then get blamed if something happened to her after that. I agree the guy screwed up, is he a rapist, no. Did two college kids screw up, yepper
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

I'm curious for those with sons, how will you advise them when they get of age on how to handle girls and how you will educate them on what consent actually is?
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
You're the very definition of low info and low IQ. Especially with consent. But keep up the entertainment. You're creepy, but amusing.
I simply know what the laws are.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

nolanvt wrote:I'm curious for those with sons, how will you advise them when they get of age on how to handle girls and how you will educate them on what consent actually is?
the way things are these days, I would tell any male no matter the circumstance or age to get a notarized stamped affadavit of consent for any act involving the touching of any of his male body to another human being (including handshakes of course) as in an office setting that can be sexual harassment.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
I simply know what the laws are.
False.

It's hilarious how you think the same standard for DUI applies to sexual consent. High comedy. The fact you think so much of yourself makes that much more hilarious. Best man on the street interview available on the Internet.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
it is rather relevant when she passed out but it brings up a good point. When did the alkeehawl hit her, was she taking lots of shots and it hit her hard or was she drunker than hell the whole time. It appears the guy was also very drunk so how can he comprehend wether she is giving consent or not? His capacity is also limited due to the alkeehawl so maybe she gave clear consent and he would not even know it. I agree both participants were dumb and the guy should have left her passed out next to the dumpster and then get blamed if something happened to her after that. I agree the guy screwed up, is he a rapist, no. Did two college kids screw up, yepper
Learn what consent is under the eyes of the law. One does not have to pass out in order to be incapacitated to give consent.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:I'm curious for those with sons, how will you advise them when they get of age on how to handle girls and how you will educate them on what consent actually is?
the way things are these days, I would tell any male no matter the circumstance or age to get a notarized stamped affadavit of consent for any act involving the touching of any of his male body to another human being (including handshakes of course) as in an office setting that can be sexual harassment.
It's hilarious how the LIVs go ape sheet crazy over consent to touch while simultaneously are just as extreme defending the right to rip a baby's head off it's body. No concerns over consent there.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
Learn what consent is under the eyes of the law. One does not have to pass out in order to be incapacitated to give consent.
Yes, YOU need to learn what sexual consent is.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
The legal concept of consent hasn't changed during "these days".
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
What do you think consent is?
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
I know what it is, let's hear your explanation first so we can all get a good laugh. Start the circus Bozo.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
I am well aware of that, thus why I suggest a notarized document be prepared at the time of consent.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
We could check with Bill Clinton on that one
Hokie5150

Post by Hokie5150 »

cwtcr hokie wrote:We could check with Bill Clinton on that one
Why? How would Bill Clinton known how you define consent?
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
The legal concept of consent hasn't changed during "these days".
LOL
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
LOL. Good stuff.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

Hokie5150 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:We could check with Bill Clinton on that one
Why? How would Bill Clinton known how you define consent?
his history suggests he is well acquainted with consent or lack thereof
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
Why do you make an appeal to authority here, then reject it when the topic is drugs? You're entitled to your opinion, but don't pretend it is based on any consistent logic.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

What would you tell your sons?

Never have sex with a woman who's been drinking alcohol? Have you ever had sex with a woman (or man, for the PC bros) who was under the influence of alcohol? I assume not.