absolutvt03
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Voter Apathy

Re: Judge goes easy on rapist to avoid "severe impact on him

Post by absolutvt03 »

CWHOKIECPA wrote:
absolutvt03 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Thank you. The left has worked hard to remove the word promiscuous from our lexicon for exactly these situations of the girl being trashy and then things going too far. They don't want to give up the casual sex, but also want an out when they engage in regretful activities. It's like an abortion for the consequences of their own abhorrent lifestyle, kills the guilt and responsibility. The guy was also abhorrent and guilty and the judge considered this all in his decision.
I'm not sure if anyone's mentioned this but the victim had (and still has) a boyfriend (whom she called from the party) so I sincerely doubt she went to the party looking for "casual sex". She wasn't even planning to go to the party but her younger sister convinced her. The guy on the other hand admitted that he was at the party looking for someone to hookup with.

There's also this:
A witness told investigators that the day of the assault "he saw a female subject lying on the ground behind the dumpster... He also noticed a male subject standing over her with a cell phone. He was holding the cell phone. The cell phone had a bright light pointed in the direction of the female, using either a flashlight app in his phone or its built-in flash."

After the assault, detectives saw a text message on Turner's cell phone referring to breasts, according to the sentencing memo. The message said, "WHOS T-- IS THAT". It was sent in the early morning hours the day of the assault. Before that text, a photo was sent to a group via a third party app called GroupMe.
RiverguyVT wrote:What makes this rape so special to those so interested? Any idea how many rapes there are in any given year?
I think it's a couple things. First off is the light sentence. Lots of people see a white athlete most likely from a well-off family getting a 6 (now 3) month sentence for sexual assault and think he got off easy because of either his parents' money or his athletic ability or both. Of course cwtcr thinks they "threw the book at him" so...

On top of that, in the middle of all the outrage over the sentence, you have the letter the guy's dad wrote where he basically talks like his son is the victim and doesn't deserve to have his life ruined over "20 minutes of action". That certainly didn't help, especially given the light sentence. You also had the victim's letter to her attacker which people found impressive.

Now it comes out that the guy lied about his drug and alcohol usage. He made it seem like he'd never touched the stuff until he got to college and this whole new world of temptation was just too much for him. That appears to not be the case as texts and other evidence show.

So really it's a combination of the crime itself, coupled with the ridiculous sentence and the various letters defending the guy that try to make him out to be the victim and put the blame on pretty much everything else (college life, peer pressure, alcohol, etc) but the person who actually committed the crime. Basically, privileged white athlete not only seems to get off easy but doesn't seem to even have learned anything or feel any actual remorse in the process.
Women lie all the time. You don't know. She could have said it was non-consensual sex in order to get her boyfriends sympathy.
So we should believe the guy's account despite the fact that he has a powerful motivation to lie but we shouldn't believe the woman's account because "women lie all the time"? Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds?
Forum rules: Please be civil.
"You do suck and are a terrible human being." - awesome guy
"maybe because you're autistic" - USN_Hokie
Seriously... there's only ONE rule.
CWHOKIECPA
Party: In your Moms mouth

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

absolutvt03 wrote:
CWHOKIECPA wrote:
absolutvt03 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Thank you. The left has worked hard to remove the word promiscuous from our lexicon for exactly these situations of the girl being trashy and then things going too far. They don't want to give up the casual sex, but also want an out when they engage in regretful activities. It's like an abortion for the consequences of their own abhorrent lifestyle, kills the guilt and responsibility. The guy was also abhorrent and guilty and the judge considered this all in his decision.
I'm not sure if anyone's mentioned this but the victim had (and still has) a boyfriend (whom she called from the party) so I sincerely doubt she went to the party looking for "casual sex". She wasn't even planning to go to the party but her younger sister convinced her. The guy on the other hand admitted that he was at the party looking for someone to hookup with.

There's also this:
A witness told investigators that the day of the assault "he saw a female subject lying on the ground behind the dumpster... He also noticed a male subject standing over her with a cell phone. He was holding the cell phone. The cell phone had a bright light pointed in the direction of the female, using either a flashlight app in his phone or its built-in flash."

After the assault, detectives saw a text message on Turner's cell phone referring to breasts, according to the sentencing memo. The message said, "WHOS T-- IS THAT". It was sent in the early morning hours the day of the assault. Before that text, a photo was sent to a group via a third party app called GroupMe.
RiverguyVT wrote:What makes this rape so special to those so interested? Any idea how many rapes there are in any given year?
I think it's a couple things. First off is the light sentence. Lots of people see a white athlete most likely from a well-off family getting a 6 (now 3) month sentence for sexual assault and think he got off easy because of either his parents' money or his athletic ability or both. Of course cwtcr thinks they "threw the book at him" so...

On top of that, in the middle of all the outrage over the sentence, you have the letter the guy's dad wrote where he basically talks like his son is the victim and doesn't deserve to have his life ruined over "20 minutes of action". That certainly didn't help, especially given the light sentence. You also had the victim's letter to her attacker which people found impressive.

Now it comes out that the guy lied about his drug and alcohol usage. He made it seem like he'd never touched the stuff until he got to college and this whole new world of temptation was just too much for him. That appears to not be the case as texts and other evidence show.

So really it's a combination of the crime itself, coupled with the ridiculous sentence and the various letters defending the guy that try to make him out to be the victim and put the blame on pretty much everything else (college life, peer pressure, alcohol, etc) but the person who actually committed the crime. Basically, privileged white athlete not only seems to get off easy but doesn't seem to even have learned anything or feel any actual remorse in the process.
Women lie all the time. You don't know. She could have said it was non-consensual sex in order to get her boyfriends sympathy.
So we should believe the guy's account despite the fact that he has a powerful motivation to lie but we shouldn't believe the woman's account because "women lie all the time"? Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds?
No, that's not what I said. The fact that she had a boyfriend has nothing to do with it.
My women clients think I'm so sweet.
CWHOKIECPA

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

absolutvt03 wrote:
CWHOKIECPA wrote:
absolutvt03 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

There's also this:

Let's just agree on one thing. Save the children.

http://northwoodssaveachild.blogspot.co ... n.html?m=1
absolutvt03

Post by absolutvt03 »

CWHOKIECPA wrote:
No, that's not what I said. The fact that she had a boyfriend has nothing to do with it.

It does when awesome guy is going off on a rant about casual sex and promiscuity. The victim didn't go to the party looking to hook up with someone which is how awesome guy made it sound.

I'm glad you agree that the attacker's credibility is questionable though. Maybe you can convince awesome guy and cwtcr now.
CWHOKIECPA

Re: Judge goes easy on rapist.

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryla ... story.html

Disgusting verdict. Raping a child and getting 48 weekends in a probation center? And she can see her kids unsupervised? The same kids that she told to tell the victim "my mom thinks you are hot." She raped this kid with her kids in the house.

And she blamed her husband, who left for a younger woman. I guess she wanted to see if she could get younger than he could. She did, and practically got away with it. Right? She has to register as a sex offender and can't be around other kids unsupervised. Oh the horror. Serving every other weekend for 48 weekends is tough.

Of course, don't listen to the victims parents. We know he wanted it. He wasn't confused and he's not embarrassed. He just gets high fives every day at school.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

absolutvt03 wrote:
CWHOKIECPA wrote:

It does when awesome guy is going off on a rant about casual sex and promiscuity. The victim didn't go to the party looking to hook up with someone which is how awesome guy made it sound.

I'm glad you agree that the attacker's credibility is questionable though. Maybe you can convince awesome guy and cwtcr now.

Sure she did. She went there to party and get shet faced. She's testified about doing it several times before. Go find some other topic to misrepresent and be wrong about.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
absolutvt03

Post by absolutvt03 »

awesome guy wrote:
absolutvt03 wrote:
CWHOKIECPA wrote:

Sure she did. She went there to party and get shet faced. She's testified about doing it several times before. Go find some other topic to misrepresent and be wrong about.
What exactly am I "wrong" about here?
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

absolutvt03 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
absolutvt03 wrote:
CWHOKIECPA wrote:

It's a big mystery. Maybe those words above could hold a clue.
absolutvt03

Post by absolutvt03 »

awesome guy wrote:
absolutvt03 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
absolutvt03 wrote:
CWHOKIECPA wrote:

Nothing you posted above proves anything I said wrong... sorry.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

absolutvt03 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
absolutvt03 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
absolutvt03 wrote:
CWHOKIECPA wrote:

Nothing you posted above proves anything I said wrong... sorry.
Whoa, you can read? Next step is comprehending. I gave the facts blowing your cover of her being monogamous and not a hookup girl. This wasn't her first time she put herself in such a position at the frat house. That contradicts your false story of monogamy and her lifestyle being misrepresented.
absolutvt03

Post by absolutvt03 »

awesome guy wrote:
Whoa, you can read? Next step is comprehending. I gave the facts blowing your cover of her being monogamous and not a hookup girl. This wasn't her first time she put herself in such a position at the frat house. That contradicts your false story of monogamy and her lifestyle being misrepresented.
Let's see. I said she didn't plan on going to the party and went only because of her sister.
My dad made some dinner and I sat at the table with my younger sister who was visiting for the weekend. I was working full time and it was approaching my bed time. I planned to stay at home by myself, watch some TV and read, while she went to a party with her friends. Then, I decided it was my only night with her, I had nothing better to do, so why not, there’s a dumb party ten minutes from my house, I would go, dance like a fool, and embarrass my younger sister.
That doesn't sound like she went to "hookup". You also know she's not in college anymore right? She wasn't a student.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

absolutvt03 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Let's see. I said she didn't plan on going to the party and went only because of her sister.
My dad made some dinner and I sat at the table with my younger sister who was visiting for the weekend. I was working full time and it was approaching my bed time. I planned to stay at home by myself, watch some TV and read, while she went to a party with her friends. Then, I decided it was my only night with her, I had nothing better to do, so why not, there’s a dumb party ten minutes from my house, I would go, dance like a fool, and embarrass my younger sister.
That doesn't sound like she went to "hookup". You also know she's not in college anymore right? She wasn't a student.
Sure it does. And like I said, getting plastered at parties and hooking up with people is her lifestyle.
absolutvt03

Post by absolutvt03 »

awesome guy wrote:
absolutvt03 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Sure it does. And like I said, getting plastered at parties and hooking up with people is her lifestyle.

I'm sure you have something to support your claim right?
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

absolutvt03 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
absolutvt03 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

I'm sure you have something to support your claim right?
Reading the account?
HooFighter
Party: all the time

Post by HooFighter »

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

I assume they're more upset that Hillary remains free and at large. Surely, Hillary is the bigger criminal.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

I forgot to mention at the time and was reminded when reading about the NJ case, but thankfully, the Brock Turner enabling judge was booted. Such a shame for that POS.

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la- ... story.html
Fully vaccinated, still not dead