Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: Mainstream muslim kills 20, injures 42 at FL gay bar

Post by awesome guy »

ElbertoHokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:Prayers for the EMTs, police, etc having to walk around the spilled blood at the gay bar. May your autoimmune and biodefenses protect you, gota be a worse case scenario.

Jesus man that's awful even for you. Can you hold off on being a dick for at least 24 hours? It's not 1986 anymore.
It's not a dick, they're the most diseased population in America. There's real risk, get informed instead of being a PC loon.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:His Father said he became enraged after seeing two men kiss in Miami.

https://twitter.com/wlbz2/status/742001649586180096

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm sure you're on your way to give mouth to mouth resuscitation to everyone, even those not shot.
I85hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Independent

Post by I85hokie »

This can't be true. Everyone knows that only straight white Christian males hate gay people.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

Who is this "we" that Chuck is referring to? Don't lump me in with you and the Islamic terrorists Chuck.

=======================
Chuck Todd on FL Shooting: ‘We Seem to Lack Control and Moral on the Gun Issue’
by Pam Key12 Jun 2016171

Sunday on NBC’s “Meet The Press,” while commenting on the overnight shooting at a nightclub in Orlando, FL in which approximately 20 people were killed and over 40 were injured and that authorities are investigating as an act of terrorism, host Chuck Todd raised the “gun issue.”

Todd said, “Joy [Reid], that’s the overwhelming feeling I have that is there is this feeling of insecurity. We lack control on terrorism issue . We seem to lack control and moral on the gun issue. We lack cultural norms. There’s just a part of this that feels like a new normal. It’s a an uncomfortable normal.”

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2016/06/ ... ium=social

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:His Father said he became enraged after seeing two men kiss in Miami.

I'm sure you're on your way to give mouth to mouth resuscitation to everyone, even those not shot.
I'm glad Big Dave has given you a forum to spout off bullshit you wouldn't actually say to another person's face or would say in public in general.

Fully vaccinated, still not dead
absolutvt03
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Voter Apathy

Post by absolutvt03 »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
absolutvt03 wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:Like clockwork....

The left is so corrupt, predictable, and simple-minded.
Eh I feel the same way about most of the reactions in this thread.
So I assume you think more gun laws are the answer?
You know what they say about assumptions. I don't know nearly enough about this attack to speak to what the "answer" is (that's assuming there is an "answer"). What I do know is that the same people who criticize others for politicizing a tragedy didn't hesitate to do so almost immediately.
Forum rules: Please be civil.
"You do suck and are a terrible human being." - awesome guy
"maybe because you're autistic" - USN_Hokie
Seriously... there's only ONE rule.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

I'm glad Big Dave has given you a forum to spout off bullshit you wouldn't actually say to another person's face or would say in public in general.

Why? You wouldn't do anything but stand there looking stupid, as normal.
I85hokie
Party: Independent

Post by I85hokie »

oaktonhokie wrote:It's time for speeches. Seriously, heartfelt tearful speeches.
Then, we need a roadside Memorial. Flowers, mementos and things significant to the victims.
Then, more speeches.
After that, we need to do something about guns. We need to say how guns are bad. We need more gun laws. We need more gun regulations. We must stop this by stopping guns.

Finally, we need to let more snakes into the country. They're just like we are. More snakes. We can call them refugees, but we need more snakes in the country.

USN_Hokie wrote:
A gunman armed with an assault rifle, handgun and an explosive device has shot more than 40 people - killing around 20 - after taking party-goers hostage inside a nightclub in Orlando.

An unknown number of people were killed and 42 were taken to hospital after the gunman, believed to be in his 20s, opened fire inside Pulse nightclub, in what police are calling a 'domestic terror attack'.

The killings took place less than four miles from where The Voice singer and YouTube star Christina Grimmie, 22, was shot dead at The Plaza Live in Orlando on Friday.

Police said the gunman was not a local man and the FBI believe he may have 'leanings to radical Islamic terrorism'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z4BMgdzPHL
ETA: Just realized that I broke my rule of not believing anything put out by the media in the first 48hrs. It is law enforcement calling it islamic terrorism, fwiw - but I guess we'll see.
absolutvt03

Re: Tragic...

Post by absolutvt03 »

Major Kong wrote::cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
This is pretty much the appropriate response. Before we break down and divide ourselves into what would have prevented this, we need to take a second and realize that innocent people died. There will be time to debate religions and guns and all that but right now my thoughts are with the victims and their loved ones.
absolutvt03

Post by absolutvt03 »

awesome guy wrote:Prayers for the EMTs, police, etc having to walk around the spilled blood at the gay bar. May your autoimmune and biodefenses protect you, gota be a worse case scenario.

Every time I think you've posted the most hateful insensitive thing possible, you go and one up yourself. People are dead and you can't be a human being long enough to realize that. I truly feel sorry for you.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

ElbertoHokie wrote:

Jesus man that's awful even for you. Can you hold off on being a dick for at least 24 hours? It's not 1986 anymore.
This thread is the perfect example of how embarrassing UWS can be, and it's a microcosm of what is wrong with this country So far, only USN has expressed regret over the 50 dead people.
50 people are dead. It's awful. How about showing some respect for the people who have lost their lives, and feeling some sympathy for the people who have lost family members, friends, and loved ones.
We need to make changes, maybe drastic ones. Different people are going to have widely different solutions, and all of them are going to suggest some type of restriction on our rights and personal freedoms. But, 50 people are dead. It's horrible and sad. How can you even think of blaming someone other than the terrorist at this point.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

absolutvt03 wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
absolutvt03 wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:Like clockwork....

The left is so corrupt, predictable, and simple-minded.
Eh I feel the same way about most of the reactions in this thread.
So I assume you think more gun laws are the answer?
You know what they say about assumptions. I don't know nearly enough about this attack to speak to what the "answer" is (that's assuming there is an "answer"). What I do know is that the same people who criticize others for politicizing a tragedy didn't hesitate to do so almost immediately.
Yup. We need to let the professionals do their jobs before we make conclusions.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

Over 50. Jesus. This is heartbreaking.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

absolutvt03 wrote:

Every time I think you've posted the most hateful insensitive thing possible, you go and one up yourself. People are dead and you can't be a human being long enough to realize that. I truly feel sorry for you.
You have no concern for the heroes selflessly throwing themselves into harms way to save lives. Shame on you.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

Check this out...one of the cops on the SWAT team entering the club took a bullet to the forehead...his kevlar helmet saved his life.

https://twitter.com/OrlandoPolice/statu ... 0808210432
absolutvt03

Post by absolutvt03 »

awesome guy wrote:
absolutvt03 wrote:

You have no concern for the heroes selflessly throwing themselves into harms way to save lives. Shame on you.
Nice try but no. The only one who should be ashamed here is you.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

HooFighter wrote:Shooting at a gay bar....

"please please please please let it be a Muslim"
Orlando shooter ID'd as Omar Mateen, U.S. citizen from Port St. Lucie, FL
Admit it....you were hoping and praying it was a right wing nut job.......
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

absolutvt03 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
absolutvt03 wrote:

Nice try but no. The only one who should be ashamed here is you.
You admonished a prayer for life savers. You are a loathsome dirtbag.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

Finally got a hold of my friend from high school who lives in Orlando. Relieved that he's safe, but he's obviously devastated. Not all of his friends have been accounted for yet. :(
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:Check this out...one of the cops on the SWAT team entering the club took a bullet to the forehead...his kevlar helmet saved his life.

https://twitter.com/OrlandoPolice/statu ... 0808210432
Dang. Shows the need for military grade equipment.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

Bodies aren't even cold and the left is calling for gun control......just heard an ignorant Florida State Senator.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
Florida Hokie
Party: Like a Rock Star

Post by Florida Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

A vile, hateful, bigoted loser continues unabated in BigDave's forum. Big Dave knows this and clearly doesn't care. It's tacit endorsement, not an outlet. I've lost a lot of respect for Big Dave. This forum is an embarrassment. There is no making it better. Oakton is back too. This is what Big Dave created. Don't excuse it.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

Florida Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

A vile, hateful, bigoted loser continues unabated in BigDave's forum. Big Dave knows this and clearly doesn't care. It's tacit endorsement, not an outlet. I've lost a lot of respect for Big Dave. This forum is an embarrassment. There is no making it better. Oakton is back too. This is what Big Dave created. Don't excuse it.
Wow, Crybully 101, right here on UWS. Sad.
Florida Hokie
Party: Like a Rock Star

Post by Florida Hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

Wow, Crybully 101, right here on UWS. Sad.
Sure. I'm a Big bad bully. That's the problem here.
Vienna_Hokie
Party: libertarian

Post by Vienna_Hokie »

HokieHam wrote:Bodies aren't even cold and the left is calling for gun control......just heard an ignorant Florida State Senator.
Tell me again how much criminals pay attention to laws?
Looks like the only thing 1984 got wrong was the date.