And this is what ESPN has now become...

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: And this is what ESPN has now become...

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:Again, blacks are not killed by police disproportionately and death by police is rare across the board. Your whole narrative is a lie. It's bunk, yet blacks chime in and agree to keep their "blackness". Your post should be in the fiction section.

#fiction
Take that up with the athletes who opined that last night. I made no comment on the substance of their comments. Just pointing out to CFB that their salary is irrelevant to the points they were making.

I'm going to ask you to stretch yourself and span your faculties across 2 points simultaneously. They are saying they're discriminated against across many factors, including income and police policy. They're arguing this a statement of existence. He's right, being a rich athlete blows up the disparity in income and opportunity arguments. So does the fact their is a President Black Guy. They're just bitching because that's their culture.

#them
#fiction
#NoGoodSJW
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:He's right, being a rich athlete blows up the disparity in income and opportunity arguments.
There is no liberal media bias because Fox News exists.
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:He's right, being a rich athlete blows up the disparity in income and opportunity arguments.
OK. I see this debate is beyond you. Blacks aren't poor or locked up more because of systematic racism. They are from blacks dominating poor life choices. Agree with that?
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

nolanvt wrote:
Say whaaaa? You do realize that ABC+NBC+CBS+NYTs+WaPo (etc.) still reach way more people than Fox News right? And media bias is more than just news outlets - it also includes Hollywood (both movies and TV) which provide a constant stream of media bias to the low info consumer.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
Say whaaaa? You do realize that ABC+NBC+CBS+NYTs+WaPo (etc.) still reach way more people than Fox News right? And media bias is more than just news outlets - it also includes Hollywood (both movies and TV) which provide a constant stream of media bias to the low info consumer.

Let's not follow along on this diversion. I don't care about Fox and the MSN in this thread. Let's get to the bottom of the truthfulness of the claims of BLM and the so called white privilege.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
AG and CFB have implied that just because a couple of black athletes are rich, there really isn't racism. I was just applying that same standard to how right wingers constantly B&M about liberal media bias. :D
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:Cmon Nolan... they are claiming systemic and overt racism in "America".. saying "we" (evil lucky privileged whites) need to "value" black people... while they cash their 7 figure game checks and their multi million dollar shoe deals... all in "racist" America that does not value black people...

Their claim could not be more hypocritical and laughable.
I don't see what an athlete's salary has to do with them calling for less police brutality of black people (whether you believe it exists or not). The link you're attempting to make is irrelevant.

So you are signing up for overt and significant "police brutality" throughout America? You honestly believe that?
That's why you have to read and comprehend the part where I said "whether you believe it exists or not". I didn't offer an opinion on their comments because I don't watch or care about the ESPYs. I'm simply stating that their salary is irrelevant with regards to this issue.
OK so Ill mark you down for not thinking "America's" police are on a lynching mission with no checks and balances and killing unarmed black men is common everywhere...good. now that that nonsense is out of the way... BLM - might- want to get someone other than multi millionaires to drum up compassion for racism and faux police brutality claims.
I disagree with their premise about police brutality, but they are bringing awareness, not looking for compassion.
When people talking about athletes having a responsibility to be good citizens, do good things, and use their fame to help the world, this is what they are talking about.

Their salary is meaningless, but their fame is not.
maybe if those athletes stop shooting themselves at bars we would take them seriously
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

cwtcr hokie wrote: maybe if those athletes stop shooting themselves at bars we would take them seriously
Did Lebron shoot himself at the bar or something!?!?!?
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
AG and CFB have implied that just because a couple of black athletes are rich, there really isn't racism. I was just applying that same standard to how right wingers constantly B&M about liberal media bias. :D
No, rich blacks prove their isn't systematic racism. Systematic racism means 0 blacks could achieve wealth or fame as the system denies that. You're failing at logic again. Hell, with the polices Dave had brought up, an unqualified black is systematically required to be hired over a qualified white. And even with the government unleveling the playing field with racial preferences for blacks, they're still failing. That shows it's a failing of the individuals since they have legal preference at every stage of life, and they still fail. The system is rigged FOR them and they still fail. That shows reasonable people where the blame lies and it's not at mean ole white people.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote: maybe if those athletes stop shooting themselves at bars we would take them seriously
Did Lebron shoot himself at the bar or something!?!?!?
no but plenty of the highly paid athletes have done dumb things in the past. LeBron is actually a good role model, takes care of his kid and his wife, stays out of trouble, etc.