"I can understand why someone would shoot police" Bill Maher

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
CFB Apologist

"I can understand why someone would shoot police" Bill Maher

Post by CFB Apologist »

This despicable piece of trash also said "policing is not one of the 10 most dangerous jobs per statistics" and that these guys "volunteer" to be cops. Makes me sick. Typical leftist trash- no values, no morals, no integrity.... scumbag
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Re: "I can understand why someone would shoot police" Bill M

Post by ip_law-hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:This despicable piece of trash also said "policing is not one of the 10 most dangerous jobs per statistics" and that these guys "volunteer" to be cops. Makes me sick. Typical leftist trash- no values, no morals, no integrity.... scumbag
Your thoughts on BM respected, do you find that cops don't "volunteer" to be police officers?

They are very fairly compensated in most jurisdictions in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:This despicable piece of trash also said "policing is not one of the 10 most dangerous jobs per statistics" and that these guys "volunteer" to be cops. Makes me sick. Typical leftist trash- no values, no morals, no integrity.... scumbag
Your thoughts on BM respected, do you find that cops don't "volunteer" to be police officers?

They are very fairly compensated in most jurisdictions in my opinion.

Of course they volunteer..but I'm not a liberal atheist dickhead, so I won't downplay how difficult the job is and condone cop killers. That is the difference between Maher and myself- I have morals and respect for law enforcement.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

So. The same guy who called our soldiers cowards (for using technology!) also thinks shooting cops is understandable?

He's one of yours, liberals
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

RiverguyVT wrote:So. The same guy who called our soldiers cowards (for using technology!) also thinks shooting cops is understandable?

He's one of yours, liberals
Yep. Same guy with all of the answers- "cops need more training", "cops shoot too many blacks", "cops need more range time", "why do cops shoot when they get a little scared?".. This 140 lb douche would not make it 3 days at a police academy.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

not unexpected from Maher, he is a special kind of butt head
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

None of this surprises me. Maybe, the biggest mistake law enforcement made was to accept military surplus from Iraq. What is playing out looks very much like a attacks from "the resistance" towards an invading army. I am not in any way trying to support BLM or any other lunatics, just trying to understand it.

As for Maher's comment about police work not being a top ten dangerous job, statistically that is only true because so many safeguards are put in place for the officers. I don't know, but would guess being a roofer is a pretty dangerous job. If society decided that was unacceptable, nets would be installed at every job and then statistically roofing wouldn't look so dangerous, but nothing regarding gravity would have changed. Hence, I don't buy the stats really.

“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:None of this surprises me. Maybe, the biggest mistake law enforcement made was to accept military surplus from Iraq. What is playing out looks very much like a attacks from "the resistance" towards an invading army. I am not in any way trying to support BLM or any other lunatics, just trying to understand it.

As for Maher's comment about police work not being a top ten dangerous job, statistically that is only true because so many safeguards are put in place for the officers. I don't know, but would guess being a roofer is a pretty dangerous job. If society decided that was unacceptable, nets would be installed at every job and then statistically roofing wouldn't look so dangerous, but nothing regarding gravity would have changed. Hence, I don't buy the stats really.

You need to understand that the funding stream was tied to using the dollars to purchase military surplus. The USG tied the two together -- if you don't purchase surplus you don't get the money. Local jurisdictions saw it as "free s**t"
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:
Bay_area_Hokie wrote:None of this surprises me. Maybe, the biggest mistake law enforcement made was to accept military surplus from Iraq. What is playing out looks very much like a attacks from "the resistance" towards an invading army. I am not in any way trying to support BLM or any other lunatics, just trying to understand it.

You need to understand that the funding stream was tied to using the dollars to purchase military surplus. The USG tied the two together -- if you don't purchase surplus you don't get the money. Local jurisdictions saw it as "free s**t"
Yep. Frankly, I think a lot of this equipment is going to fall into disrepair once the Maybury PD realizes how much maintenance is required on an MRAP.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

I can understand why someone would shoot Bill Maher" Major Kong
FTFY :mrgreen:
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.