Looks like Shillary's VP pick is Kaine.

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
UpstateSCHokie

Looks like Shillary's VP pick is Kaine.

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

Does he excite the base of the lib party? He comes off as a buffoon to me. But then again, that did not hurt Obama & Biden.

But I find it funny to hear the democrats talk about how Pence didn't move the needle for Trump. Trump needed to pick someone to unify the base, and Pence does that. What does Kaine do for Shillary?

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
HokieFanDC

Re: Looks like Shillary's VP pick is Kaine.

Post by HokieFanDC »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:Does he excite the base of the lib party? He comes off as a buffoon to me. But then again, that did not hurt Obama & Biden.

But I find it funny to hear the democrats talk about how Pence didn't move the needle for Trump. Trump needed to pick someone to unify the base, and Pence does that. What does Kaine do for Shillary?
He's a white male, that was the only real criteria. Other than that, he's pretty bland. Not sure if there was a better pick out there, who would agree to be her VP. I'm guessing the VP pool was not big.
HvilleHokie

Post by HvilleHokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:Does he excite the base of the lib party? He comes off as a buffoon to me. But then again, that did not hurt Obama & Biden.

He's a white male, that was the only real criteria. Other than that, he's pretty bland. Not sure if there was a better pick out there, who would agree to be her VP. I'm guessing the VP pool was not big.
he's from a swing state and speaks spanish.

its a bad choice imo. warner would have been a better choice. but maybe he is not interested.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

Does he still think that Delaware borders Virginia?
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
WestEndHokie39

Post by WestEndHokie39 »

Clinton is desperate to put someone likable on the ticket, since her negatives are through the roof. Kaine is perceived as "affable", and is pretty far out on the left wing, which they may believe will help with Bernie supporters.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

WestEndHokie39 wrote:Clinton is desperate to put someone likable on the ticket, since her negatives are through the roof. Kaine is perceived as "affable", and is pretty far out on the left wing, which they may believe will help with Bernie supporters.
This is looking like a Dukakis ticket.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

HokieFanDC wrote:I'm guessing the VP pool was not big.
I imagine not.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

My first thought at this news is Hillary's campaign thinks Trump's speech was great too.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Kaine and Unstable.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

Drudge headline is a classic: :lol:

FireFuente
Alma Mater: VT

Post by FireFuente »

HokieJoe wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:I'm guessing the VP pool was not big.
I imagine not.
You can probably count the number of people that Hillary actually trusts on one hand.

Kaine's best attribute is probably that he knows how to keep his mouth shut.
FireFuente
Alma Mater: VT

Post by FireFuente »

USN_Hokie wrote:Drudge headline is a classic: :lol:

:lol:

Matt Drudge has an extensive archive of pictures that make Hillary look like a crazed lunatic.