JV team never learns

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: JV team never learns

Post by awesome guy »

WestEndHokie39 wrote:Nice spin. I specifically said extra precautions, not that they had no protections.

What "extra precautions"? They wore gloves before AIDS when there was any chance of coming into contact with blood.

I was an EMT for several years, and my wife has been an RN for over 25 years. But what do we know? We are just politically correct dupes, I guess. I bow to your superior knowledge...
Anything to help. Not sure why this is a debated point, but anyway.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_su ... _isolation

http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/Q8634.html
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
WestEndHokie39 wrote:Nice spin. I specifically said extra precautions, not that they had no protections.

What "extra precautions"? They wore gloves before AIDS when there was any chance of coming into contact with blood.

I was an EMT for several years, and my wife has been an RN for over 25 years. But what do we know? We are just politically correct dupes, I guess. I bow to your superior knowledge...

I'm glad you now agree with WE. That's why you posted those links, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

Maybe it's the leaded water, but you're extra dense tonight, to an unsettling level. Only here would people actually deny the dramatic shift AIDS caused in healthcare in the 80s and 90s. It changed the game in a lot of ways in how public health is viewed and accommodated. And specifically to Orlando with over a hundred wounded and high risk blood all over the scene, only a fool would treat it as every day at the office, especially given the high risk population involved and nature of the wounds. It's whackoland that you'll deny this. Maybe you're so weak that you're interpreting this as a call to not help gays. That would be incredibly stupid, but typical. It's not, it's pointing out the obvious common sense to use the greatest safety in such a scenario. But, but, but, but you don't want a stigma on gays. Great, but don't let that marketing concern interfere with common sense.
Practice of Universal precautions was introduced in 1985–88.[2][3] In 1987, the practice of Universal precautions was adjusted by a set of rules known as body substance isolation. In 1996, both practices were replaced by the latest approach known as standard precautions (health care). Nowadays and in isolation, practice of body substance isolation has just historical significance.

Body substance isolation went further than universal precautions in isolating workers from pathogens, including substances now currently known to carry HIV. These pathogens fall into two broad categories, bloodborne (carried in the body fluids) and airborne. The practice of BSI was common in Pre-Hospital care and Emergency Medical Services due to the often unknown nature of the patient and his/her disease or medical conditions. It was a part of the National Standards Curriculum for Prehospital Providers and Firefighters.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

Maybe it's the leaded water, but you're extra dense tonight, to an unsettling level. Only here would people actually deny the dramatic shift AIDS caused in healthcare in the 80s and 90s. It changed the game in a lot of ways in how public health is viewed and accommodated. And specifically to Orlando with over a hundred wounded and high risk blood all over the scene, only a fool would treat it as every day at the office, especially given the high risk population involved and nature of the wounds. It's whackoland that you'll deny this. Maybe you're so weak that you're interpreting this as a call to not help gays. That would be incredibly stupid, but typical. It's not, it's pointing out the obvious common sense to use the greatest safety in such a scenario. But, but, but, but you don't want a stigma on gays. Great, but don't let that marketing concern interfere with common sense.
Practice of Universal precautions was introduced in 1985–88.[2][3] In 1987, the practice of Universal precautions was adjusted by a set of rules known as body substance isolation. In 1996, both practices were replaced by the latest approach known as standard precautions (health care). Nowadays and in isolation, practice of body substance isolation has just historical significance.

Body substance isolation went further than universal precautions in isolating workers from pathogens, including substances now currently known to carry HIV. These pathogens fall into two broad categories, bloodborne (carried in the body fluids) and airborne. The practice of BSI was common in Pre-Hospital care and Emergency Medical Services due to the often unknown nature of the patient and his/her disease or medical conditions. It was a part of the National Standards Curriculum for Prehospital Providers and Firefighters.
You are not comprehending what WE is clearly stating.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

You are not comprehending what WE is clearly stating.

what do you think this means?
Maybe you could deduce why I provided a link describing what changed since AIDS.
absolutvt03
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Voter Apathy

Post by absolutvt03 »

So what precautions did they take because it was mass murder at a gay bar versus if it had just been a mass murder at a regular bar?
Forum rules: Please be civil.
"You do suck and are a terrible human being." - awesome guy
"maybe because you're autistic" - USN_Hokie
Seriously... there's only ONE rule.
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
absolutvt03 wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
The idea that NoVa and DC are sinful places (more so than any other place) is crazy extremist religious talk.
And nothing about your posts hints at being sad about the people's deaths, just their sins.
No, remember how sad he was about the Orlando shootings:
awesome guy wrote:Prayers for the EMTs, police, etc having to walk around the spilled blood at the gay bar. May your autoimmune and biodefenses protect you, gota be a worse case scenario.

again, that is reality, the prevelance of HIV is much greater in that population so on a reality basis the medical workers have a higher chance of creating an issue for themselves in that atmosphere than say a kohls store is hit
I don't know, dude. Kohl's is pretty gay!
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

I don't know, dude. Kohl's is pretty gay!
:lol: :lol:
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.