Back to the UWS HoF....remember Montclair Hokie?

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Back to the UWS HoF....remember Montclair Hokie?

Post by USN_Hokie »

IIRC, he boycotted all things Hokie after his kid was arrested for possession of [edit:alcoho]l on campus (I think). It's too bad, he was an otherwise good poster.
Last edited by USN_Hokie on Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Yes, I remember him. I thought he was a decent poster

Post by HokieJoe »

nfm
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: Back to the UWS HoF....remember Montclair Hokie?

Post by awesome guy »

He's a great guy and was a great poster. He's one of those scary smart types. Dude was brilliant, yet edgy. I talked with him on the phone and tried to get him a job at my place, but they were dragging their feet, hemming and hawing(sp), etc. so he thankfully got another job quickly.

I don't think it was the arrest that got him upset, it was that his kid got suspended or something like that. Seemed like an overreaction for stuff that happens all the time(sounds familiar!). I think there was more to the story than was told online.

I agree, he was a HoF poster and should be a place in the libertarian wing of the Hall.

I also enjoyed reading Industrial Hokies posts back in the day. He would be in the nice guy wing of the HoF.

USN_Hokie wrote:IIRC, he boycotted all things Hokie after his kid was arrested for possession of weed on campus (I think). It's too bad, he was an otherwise good poster.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
Hokie5150

Post by Hokie5150 »

USN_Hokie wrote:IIRC, he boycotted all things Hokie after his kid was arrested for possession of weed on campus (I think). It's too bad, he was an otherwise good poster.
I thought it was a drinking violation and it supposedly wasn't his son's alcohol. I could be wrong...my memory is a bit fuzzy. I do remember thinking that there had to be more to the story than he said (or his son didn't give him the entire story).
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

Hokie5150 wrote:I do remember thinking that there had to be more to the story than he said (or his son didn't give him the entire story).
Maybe not. Going back in the memory file to when I was an RA, the school considered everyone in the presence of underage alcohol to be just as guilty as the person drinking it. So if you had 20 people in the room and one person was drinking underage, they wanted all 20 listed on the JR, the theory being that the other 19 should have reported the one drinking. (This is patently absurd - students are not considered mandatory reporters or any such thing - I'm not defending it, just telling you what they told us.)
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

Hokie5150 wrote:
I thought it was a drinking violation and it supposedly wasn't his son's alcohol. I could be wrong...my memory is a bit fuzzy. I do remember thinking that there had to be more to the story than he said (or his son didn't give him the entire story).

Ahh, you may be right.
Hokie5150

Post by Hokie5150 »

BigDave wrote:
Hokie5150 wrote:I do remember thinking that there had to be more to the story than he said (or his son didn't give him the entire story).
Maybe not. Going back in the memory file to when I was an RA, the school considered everyone in the presence of underage alcohol to be just as guilty as the person drinking it. So if you had 20 people in the room and one person was drinking underage, they wanted all 20 listed on the JR, the theory being that the other 19 should have reported the one drinking. (This is patently absurd - students are not considered mandatory reporters or any such thing - I'm not defending it, just telling you what they told us.)
I just remember it being a situation where, if it was as he said, his son shouldn't have been in any trouble which is what made think there was more to the story that he was letting on (or that his son hadn't given him the whole story). My memory for such things is not as good as others here, though.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

USN_Hokie wrote:IIRC, he boycotted all things Hokie after his kid was arrested for possession of [edit:alcoho]l on campus (I think). It's too bad, he was an otherwise good poster.
If memory serves he did make a quick reappearance then just as quickly disappeared.

I liked Montclair he was a good 'un. :)
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.