FBI Reopening Clinton Email Case

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Re: FBI Reopening Clinton Email Case

Post by HokieHam »

Major Kong wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:The Sheriff reacts :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Pretty much says it all. :)
Yup. That was funny. Biden sure is a dunce, but a lovable one..... :lol:
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

BigDave wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
BigDave wrote:
awesome guy wrote:I just got my 5 minutes of MSNBC in for the year, just as hilarious as expected. Some black idiot was saying Trump can't talk about the investigation because Trump did similar things as Weiner! LOL Total morons, they're done.
In what way is the person's race relevant to the story?
It identifies him amongst the other idiots on MSNBC.
Really? There's only one black person on MSNBC? Or only one black person on MSNBC who is an idiot, but you respect the intellectual gravitas of the other black people on MSNBC?

Seriously, saying stuff like this is exactly the kind of racism that is embarrassing and liberals point to when saying "see - conservatives are just a bunch of racists and they only disagree with us because they hate people of color"
Just another result of the GOP Southern Strategy. A lot of republicans are racist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Lynch tried to spike news of the investigation:
Attorney General Loretta Lynch and Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates objected to FBI Director James Comey's decision to notify Congress about his bureau's review of emails related to Hillary Clinton's personal server, law enforcement officials familiar with the discussion said.
Comey decided to disregard their objections and sent the letter Friday anyway, shaking the presidential race 11 days before the election and nearly four months after the FBI chief said he wouldn't recommend criminal charges over the Democratic nominee's use of the server.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/28/politics/ ... index.html
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Carl Bernstein weighing in. He says the FBI wouldn't have done this unless it was something huge. I agree.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/ ... shell.html
Mcl3 Hokie

Post by Mcl3 Hokie »

Hillary knows what's in these emails. She could come out and tell the public herself by releasing all of her emails, but she can't because there's some really bad shirt in them. She's now trying to act innocent and run out the clock.

USN_Hokie wrote:Carl Bernstein weighing in. He says the FBI wouldn't have done this unless it was something huge. I agree.

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Politico report that Huma has been MIA since this went down. She didn't leave with Hillary this morning.
https://twitter.com/gdebenedetti/status ... 8242468864
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

Mcl3 Hokie wrote:Hillary knows what's in these emails. She could come out and tell the public herself by releasing all of her emails, but she can't because there's some really bad shirt in them. She's now trying to act innocent and run out the clock.

USN_Hokie wrote:Carl Bernstein weighing in. He says the FBI wouldn't have done this unless it was something huge. I agree.

My guess is that she can't legally because there may be more classified information contained in them.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieJoe wrote:
Mcl3 Hokie wrote:Hillary knows what's in these emails. She could come out and tell the public herself by releasing all of her emails, but she can't because there's some really bad shirt in them. She's now trying to act innocent and run out the clock.

My guess is that she can't legally because there may be more classified information contained in them.
Yes, and that's why she knows they can't release them. She's playing games and hoping to stall until after the election.
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

The thing is, none of this is ever going to stop for Hillary. Do you thing that if she wins, Assange is going to stop? Her people have been so lax regarding security that there is probably a never ending stream of content for him.

“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
Jack Galt
Party: none of the above

Post by Jack Galt »

USN_Hokie wrote:Politico report that Huma has been MIA since this went down. She didn't leave with Hillary this morning.
https://twitter.com/gdebenedetti/status ... 8242468864
They may want to get the bloodhounds out sniffing in the corn fields... She may have gotten "Fostered".
"Russia? The 1980s are now calling to ask for their foreign policy back because the Cold War’s been over for 20 years.” - B. Obama

BigDave
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:The thing is, none of this is ever going to stop for Hillary. Do you thing that if she wins, Assange is going to stop? Her people have been so lax regarding security that there is probably a never ending stream of content for him.

Of course it's going to go away. Obama is going to pardon her on his last day in office and (assuming she wins) Republicans are never going to impeach her because they're not going to have the votes to convict in the Senate.

Nixon resigned because he knew that he would be impeached and removed from office - the Republicans of that era would have voted to remove him from office right along with the Democrats. But nowadays, we would see the second Clinton trial go just like the first one - not a single Democrat would vote to convict.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

BigDave wrote:
Bay_area_Hokie wrote:The thing is, none of this is ever going to stop for Hillary. Do you thing that if she wins, Assange is going to stop? Her people have been so lax regarding security that there is probably a never ending stream of content for him.

Of course it's going to go away. Obama is going to pardon her on his last day in office and (assuming she wins) Republicans are never going to impeach her because they're not going to have the votes to convict in the Senate.

Nixon resigned because he knew that he would be impeached and removed from office - the Republicans of that era would have voted to remove him from office right along with the Democrats. But nowadays, we would see the second Clinton trial go just like the first one - not a single Democrat would vote to convict.
Perhaps. Such a move would effectively besmirch his legacy for good. Does he want a cloud hanging over his precious?

Then again, if there are details forthcoming which increments him in this crooked mess then you can bet your bippy he'll pardon.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Sounds like the DoJ may be trying to slow-roll the investigation. Comey's letter may have been a tactic to force the DOJ to issue the proper warrants.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Tom Fuentes is the former Asst. Director at the FBI, FYI.
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

HokieJoe wrote:
BigDave wrote:

Perhaps. Such a move would effectively besmirch his legacy for good. Does he want a cloud hanging over his precious?

Then again, if there are details forthcoming which incremenate him in this crooked mess then you can bet your bippy he'll pardon.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
Tom Fuentes is the former Asst. Director at the FBI, FYI.
Another former FBI agent speaks out.

=====================

October 30, 2016, 07:00 am
Ex-FBI official: Clintons are a 'crime family'
By Harper Neidig

A former FBI official said Sunday that Bill and Hillary Clinton are part of a “crime family” and argued top officials hindered the investigation into Hillary Clinton’s private email server while she was secretary of State.

During a radio interview with John Catsimatidis, former assistant FBI director James Kallstrom heaped praise on Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump before taking aim at the Clintons.

“The Clintons, that’s a crime family, basically,” Kallstrom said. “It’s like organized crime. I mean the Clinton Foundation is a cesspool.”

Kallstrom, best known for leading the investigation into the explosion of TWA flight 800 in the late '90s, said that Hillary Clinton, the Democratic presidential nominee, was a “pathological liar.”

He also blasted Attorney General Loretta Lynch, claiming that she impeded the investigation into Clinton’s private server.

“The problem here is this investigation was never a real investigation,” he said. “That’s the problem. They never had a grand jury empanelled, and the reason they never had a grand jury empanelled, I’m sure, is Loretta Lynch would not go along with that.”

“God forbid we put someone like that in the White House,” he added of Clinton.

Kallstrom also said that FBI Director James Comey and the rest of the FBI’s leadership were responsible for holding back the investigation, not the rest of the bureau.

“The agents are furious with what’s going on, I know that for a fact,” he said.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/pre ... ime-family

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Anthony Weiner cooperating with police in Clinton email probe....

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/antho ... le/2606004
BigDave
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

I'm amused that Hillary's campaign manage is claiming on FoxNews that the FBI couldn't possibly have a laptop from Huma because Yahoo News says no warrant has even been issued for the laptop. He said it about ten times. But, of course, if the laptop had been turned over voluntarily, then they wouldn't need a warrant.

The next democrat talking point is that we don't know if these emails are new or duplicates. But that would be incredibly easy to test for before releasing these. Any computer science student could compare two lists and look for matches or a lack thereof.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

WaPo looks like they're going to ride the Hillary train all the way down....

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Ed Klein: Why Director Comey jumped at the chance to reopen Hillary investigation

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z4OaFLoAmm
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:WaPo looks like they're going to ride the Hillary train all the way down....

Story on the right co-authored by Jamie Gorelick - architect of the "Gorelick wall" between the FBI and CIA. Its only fitting that she would write a piece critical of an agency that she helped ham string.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
Ed Klein: Why Director Comey jumped at the chance to reopen Hillary investigation

I love Ed Klein. I'm not sure if he really has all these inside sources that he claims to have, but he seems to get it right more often than not.

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:

I doubt anything new was found. This is about getting ahead of wikileaks who will release the same information. While Clinton's poll numbers are falling faster than Bill's pants in an Arkansas trailer park, it's maddening that some people will still vote for her. Let's say she wins, then what? How do you have a sitting president being elected while being investigated for serious crimes? What kind of an idiot would put us as a nation in that situation?
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

I doubt anything new was found. This is about getting ahead of wikileaks who will release the same information. While Clinton's poll numbers are falling faster than Bill's pants in an Arkansas trailer park, it's maddening that some people will still vote for her. Let's say she wins, then what? How do you have a sitting president being elected while being investigated for serious crimes? What kind of an idiot would put us as a nation in that situation?
This thought has crossed my mind.