USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Re: Trump is outperforming Romney 130k votes in FL early vot

Post by USN_Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:Early voting is more popular. After 2012, I decided I'm not standing in line for over an hour ever again just to vote.
I hope I never have you as a member of a jury if I ever have to stand trial for something. You would be the kind that would make up your mind half way through the trial before all of the evidence was presented and the arguments were made.
Clearly.
To go further:
I would clearly not someone on my trial who was given two options and chose option B.
Option A: Do X but wait in line for 1 hour.
Option B: Do X but don't wait in line at all.

I find it odd that you think Option B is bad.
I would clearly not want someone on my trial who was given two options and chose option B.

Option A: Do X but wait in line jury deliberations for 1 hour.
Option B: Do X but don't wait in line jury deliberations at all.

I find it odd that you think Option BA is bad.

If I'm on trial, I want the person who's ok with missing dinner in order to make the right decision on my jury, not the guy who wants to rush home so he doesn't miss Matlock.
False comparisons are false.
Calling something false doesn't make it so.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

TheH2 wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:Early voting is more popular. After 2012, I decided I'm not standing in line for over an hour ever again just to vote.
I hope I never have you as a member of a jury if I ever have to stand trial for something. You would be the kind that would make up your mind half way through the trial before all of the evidence was presented and the arguments were made.
Clearly.
To go further:
I would clearly not someone on my trial who was given two options and chose option B.

Waiting in line for over an hour just shows how much I want to vote and love this country!!!!!
That "logic" was bad even by UWS standards.

Luckily if I leave work early and vote around 4 I have no lines. I must have one of the best precincts in VA in terms of registered voters per booth. If only I were patriotic I'd go vote at 7:30 AM and wait for about 30 minutes.
you'd follow the constitution if you were patriotic.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

nolanvt wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
Clearly.
To go further:

I would clearly not want someone on my trial who was given two options and chose option B.

If I'm on trial, I want the person who's ok with missing dinner in order to make the right decision on my jury, not the guy who wants to rush home so he doesn't miss Matlock.
Nope. His comparison is spot on.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

ElbertoHokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:
FireFuente wrote:But what about the total number of early votes compared with 2012?

Maybe early voting is just more popular this time around.

I think early voting has gotten a lot more en vogue for sure. Why stand in line at a polling place if you don't have to?
A lot more opportunity for someone to delete/burn your ballot. That's my justification. IMO, there shouldn't be any early voting unless you provide a notarized request documenting your need.
From your earlier posts today I think we've established your paranoia, but I got an email from the state of CA that they had received my ballot and they even sent along an exit polling survey. So they got something from me. The army of illegals working at the post office probably replaced my ballot without my knowledge.
:roll:

Prudence =/= Paranoia

I bet you share your SSN and ATM pin# with everyone as well...
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

TheH2 wrote:You really think it implies that?
It's just USN playing stupid. When I go to vote, I've already determined how I'm going to vote, so spending more time than necessary does not add value. When I serve on a jury, how I will vote in jury deliberations has not been determined until I take the appropriate amount of time to review the relevant evidence.
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
Clearly.
To go further:

Nah, touched on it in my last post. The reason USN's silly comparison was false is that my vote has already been determined when I arrive at the polling place. It has not when I go to serve on a jury.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:Nah, touched on it in my last post. The reason USN's silly comparison was false is that my vote has already been determined when I arrive at the polling place. It has not when I go to serve on a jury.
Sad. Even if Clinton dropped dead this afternoon then she'd still have your vote. Ain't no one changing that mind!
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:Nah, touched on it in my last post. The reason USN's silly comparison was false is that my vote has already been determined when I arrive at the polling place. It has not when I go to serve on a jury.
Sad. Even if Clinton dropped dead this afternoon then she'd still have your vote. Ain't no one changing that mind!
So, you can't refute my point. Glad we got that silly comparison out of the way.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

nolanvt wrote:
It's just USN playing stupid. When I go to vote, I've already determined how I'm going to vote, so spending more time than necessary does not add value. When I serve on a jury, how I will vote in jury deliberations has not been determined until I take the appropriate amount of time to review the relevant evidence.
I like people to be efficient. It shows the odd logic some people here have. Both of which are voting for Trump, for what it's worth.
People who know, know.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

TheH2 wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
I like people to be efficient. It shows the odd logic some people here have. Both of which are voting for Trump, for what it's worth.
Doesn't surprise me they don't like enhancing efficiencies given the technology thread.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
Clearly.
To go further:

Nah, touched on it in my last post. The reason USN's silly comparison was false is that my vote has already been determined when I arrive at the polling place. It has not when I go to serve on a jury.[/quote]

Sigh...your failure to understand the analogy doesn't invalidate it. You vote at the end of deliberations - yes? Ok then. The question is your commitment to/investment in the vote. Just as I'd rather have the juror who wasn't in a rush to go home and see Matlock, I'd also rather have the voter who didn't check some boxes nonchalantly and drop a pre-paid envelope in the mail.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

TheH2 wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
You're confusing fast with efficient.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

USN_Hokie wrote:Sigh...your failure to understand the analogy doesn't invalidate it. You vote at the end of deliberations - yes? Ok then. The question is your commitment to/investment in the vote. Just as I'd rather have the juror who wasn't in a rush to go home and see Matlock, I'd also rather have the voter who didn't check some boxes nonchalantly and drop a pre-paid envelope in the mail.
Prior to when I went to vote, I had already taken the appropriate amount of time in deciding how I'm voting. If I had any reservations or doubts, I would've waited.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
So, you can't refute my point. Glad we got that silly comparison out of the way.
You just proved his. You're a lemming who isn't going to change his mind, regardless of the evidence presented. You don't care about voting 2 weeks early since nothing at all is going to change your mind.
HokieJoe
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

nolanvt wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
Doesn't surprise me they don't like enhancing efficiencies given the technology thread.

Prudence is worth more than your convenience. If it's such a burden for you to go to the polls on the Constitutionally prescribed day, then don't vote. Problem solved.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
Sigh...your failure to understand the analogy doesn't invalidate it. You vote at the end of deliberations - yes? Ok then. The question is your commitment to/investment in the vote. Just as I'd rather have the juror who wasn't in a rush to go home and see Matlock, I'd also rather have the voter who didn't check some boxes nonchalantly and drop a pre-paid envelope in the mail.

Nolan and H2 can't be slowed down with facts, too inefficient to think and absorb all the information available for the election.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieJoe wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

Prudence is worth more than your convenience. If it's such a burden for you to go to the polls on the Constitutionally prescribed day, then don't vote. Problem solved.

You nailed it Joe, they should stay home since they can't be burdened to keep informed.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:Sigh...your failure to understand the analogy doesn't invalidate it. You vote at the end of deliberations - yes? Ok then. The question is your commitment to/investment in the vote. Just as I'd rather have the juror who wasn't in a rush to go home and see Matlock, I'd also rather have the voter who didn't check some boxes nonchalantly and drop a pre-paid envelope in the mail.
Prior to when I went to vote, I had already taken the appropriate amount of time in deciding how I'm voting. If I had any reservations or doubts, I would've waited.
Your trying to add context which isn't appropriate. There are thousands of undecided voters (just look at the polls). We call them morons. You're falsely arguing from the context of someone who has deliberated their vote - that's not the average voter.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

HokieJoe wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

Or vote early and don't stand in line. Nolan gets an hour of his life back. We should all be happy. Maybe he'll spend 1 more hour at work, and earn more money. Or maybe he'll volunteer and teach kids how to read. Or, maybe he'll sit on his ass, eat pizza, drink a beer (or water) and get entertainment watching the election returns come in. Either way, we should all be happy that Nolan has an extra hour of his life to do whatever it is he wants. To me, that means he can make a good decision. If he chose to stand in line to do the same thing I'd be concerned.
People who know, know.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

awesome guy wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

You nailed it Joe, they should stay home since they can't be burdened to keep informed.
How does standing in line on election day make someone not informed?
Last edited by TheH2 on Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
People who know, know.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
Your trying to add context which isn't appropriate. There are thousands of undecided voters (just look at the polls). We call them morons. You're falsely arguing from the context of someone who has deliberated their vote - that's not the average voter.
Those voters should take the amount of time that is appropriate for them to come to a conclusion.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

Nolan is the average voter. There was no deliberation, he ain't got time for that sheet. There's a lot of missed opportunity from him investing his time in trolling instead of reading.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

HokieJoe wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

Is it your opinion that early/absentee voting is somehow not Constitutional? (This one is going to be fun!)
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Nolan and H2 can't be slowed down with facts, too inefficient to think and absorb all the information available for the election.
H2 has to rush home and have some efficient german sex with the missus so he can get back to finding snarky quotes in *takes slow sip from coffee mug...gently extends the pinky* The Economist. :mrgreen:
Last edited by USN_Hokie on Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BigDave
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

More to the point, you're not spending your time in line deliberating. A more apt analogy would be, if offered the choice of serving on a jury for the first trial of the day or serving on a jury for the last trial of the day (assuming both trials cover the same subject matter and the only difference is how long you will have to wait), which would you choose? Most would choose to not have to wait around in the courtroom all day.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk