Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Re: Trump is outperforming Romney 130k votes in FL early vot

Post by nolanvt »

BigDave wrote:
nolanvt wrote:Nah, touched on it in my last post. The reason USN's silly comparison was false is that my vote has already been determined when I arrive at the polling place. It has not when I go to serve on a jury.
More to the point, you're not spending your time in line deliberating. A more apt analogy would be, if offered the choice of serving on a jury for the first trial of the day or serving on a jury for the last trial of the day (assuming both trials cover the same subject matter and the only difference is how long you will have to wait), which would you choose? Most would choose to not have to wait around in the courtroom all day.
Correct.
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:Sigh...your failure to understand the analogy doesn't invalidate it. You vote at the end of deliberations - yes? Ok then. The question is your commitment to/investment in the vote. Just as I'd rather have the juror who wasn't in a rush to go home and see Matlock, I'd also rather have the voter who didn't check some boxes nonchalantly and drop a pre-paid envelope in the mail.
Prior to when I went to vote, I had already taken the appropriate amount of time in deciding how I'm voting. If I had any reservations or doubts, I would've waited.
Your trying to add context which isn't appropriate. There are thousands of undecided voters (just look at the polls). We call them morons. You're falsely arguing from the context of someone who has deliberated their vote - that's not the average voter.
Those voters should take the amount of time that is appropriate for them to come to a conclusion.
Ohh, and now you try to add some more context. :lol: Hey, people should also not eat too much...or shoot each other.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

TheH2 wrote:
How does standing in line on election day make someone not informed?

huh? Standing in line on election day means they voted after hearing all of the arguments from each candidate. I get it that you're a couple fries short of a happy meal, but if you voted last week then you didn't account for the information released about the FBI investigation last week or of the email part announced on Sunday. Sad it takes breaking things to a 2nd grade level for you to maybe comprehend what's being communicated. But hey, maybe you're just worried that Uber won't pick you up from the precinct or you'll blow your budget with another $20 in Uber fares and then have to skip meals.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
TheH2 wrote:

huh? Standing in line on election day means they voted after hearing all of the arguments from each candidate. I get it that you're a couple fries short of a happy meal, but if you voted last week then you didn't account for the information released about the FBI investigation last week or of the email part announced on Sunday. Sad it takes breaking things to a 2nd grade level for you to maybe comprehend what's being communicated. But hey, maybe you're just worried that Uber won't pick you up from the precinct or you'll blow your budget with another $20 in Uber fares and then have to skip meals.
If you had any reservations whatsoever about your vote, then you shouldn't vote until your're absolutely ready. Ain't that hard, guy.
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

nolanvt wrote:Is it your opinion that early/absentee voting is somehow not Constitutional? (This one is going to be fun!)
Article II Section 1 wrote:The Congress may determine the time of choosing the electors, and the day on which they shall give their votes; which day shall be the same throughout the United States.
Congress set election day to be the Tuesday of the first full week of November. Voting other than that day violates the law.

On the sliding scale of "how abhorrent to the Constitution is this", allowing for absentee ballots - where you actually have a reason other than "I want to" to need to vote early isn't nearly as bad as unrestricted early voting ... but neither one is constitutional, strictly speaking.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
TheH2 wrote:

If you had any reservations whatsoever about your vote, then you shouldn't vote until your're absolutely ready. Ain't that hard, guy.
uh huh. Like I said, facts don't matter to you and so you and H2 don't care about missing them. You're ready to vote before all information is disclosed. Color me shocked.
HokieJoe
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

TheH2 wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
TheH2 wrote:You really think it implies that?
It's just USN playing stupid. When I go to vote, I've already determined how I'm going to vote, so spending more time than necessary does not add value. When I serve on a jury, how I will vote in jury deliberations has not been determined until I take the appropriate amount of time to review the relevant evidence.
I like people to be efficient. It shows the odd logic some people here have. Both of which are voting for Trump, for what it's worth.
Doesn't surprise me they don't like enhancing efficiencies given the technology thread.

Prudence is worth more than your convenience. If it's such a burden for you to go to the polls on the Constitutionally prescribed day, then don't vote. Problem solved.
Or vote early and don't stand in line. Nolan gets an hour of his life back. We should all be happy. Maybe he'll spend 1 more hour at work, and earn more money. Or maybe he'll volunteer and teach kids how to read. Or, maybe he'll sit on his ass, eat pizza, drink a beer (or water) and get entertainment watching the election returns come in. Either way, we should all be happy that Nolan has an extra hour of his life to do whatever it is he wants. To me, that means he can make a good decision. If he chose to stand in line to do the same thing I'd be concerned.
No, it means he values convenience over prudence. What's more, if he doesn't have all of the facts, then he's just an ignorant voter.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:Sigh...your failure to understand the analogy doesn't invalidate it. You vote at the end of deliberations - yes? Ok then. The question is your commitment to/investment in the vote. Just as I'd rather have the juror who wasn't in a rush to go home and see Matlock, I'd also rather have the voter who didn't check some boxes nonchalantly and drop a pre-paid envelope in the mail.
Prior to when I went to vote, I had already taken the appropriate amount of time in deciding how I'm voting. If I had any reservations or doubts, I would've waited.
Your trying to add context which isn't appropriate. There are thousands of undecided voters (just look at the polls). We call them morons. You're falsely arguing from the context of someone who has deliberated their vote - that's not the average voter.
Those voters should take the amount of time that is appropriate for them to come to a conclusion.
Ohh, and now you try to add some more context. :lol: Hey, people should also not eat too much...or shoot each other.

/Brawndo
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

BigDave wrote:
nolanvt wrote:Nah, touched on it in my last post. The reason USN's silly comparison was false is that my vote has already been determined when I arrive at the polling place. It has not when I go to serve on a jury.
More to the point, you're not spending your time in line deliberating. A more apt analogy would be, if offered the choice of serving on a jury for the first trial of the day with no deliberation or serving on a jury for the last trial of the day with one hour of deliberation (assuming both trials cover the same subject matter and the only difference is how long you will have to wait), which juror would you choose? Most would choose to not have to wait around in the courtroom all day.
Which juror do you want Dave? The one who "doesn't want to wait around in the courtroom all day", or the one who will sit through deliberations and listen to the arguments of others? Your conclusion is from the perspective of a lazy juror. We don't want lazy voters or jurors.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

HokieJoe wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
It's just USN playing stupid. When I go to vote, I've already determined how I'm going to vote, so spending more time than necessary does not add value. When I serve on a jury, how I will vote in jury deliberations has not been determined until I take the appropriate amount of time to review the relevant evidence.
I like people to be efficient. It shows the odd logic some people here have. Both of which are voting for Trump, for what it's worth.
Doesn't surprise me they don't like enhancing efficiencies given the technology thread.

Prudence is worth more than your convenience. If it's such a burden for you to go to the polls on the Constitutionally prescribed day, then don't vote. Problem solved.
Or vote early and don't stand in line. Nolan gets an hour of his life back. We should all be happy. Maybe he'll spend 1 more hour at work, and earn more money. Or maybe he'll volunteer and teach kids how to read. Or, maybe he'll sit on his ass, eat pizza, drink a beer (or water) and get entertainment watching the election returns come in. Either way, we should all be happy that Nolan has an extra hour of his life to do whatever it is he wants. To me, that means he can make a good decision. If he chose to stand in line to do the same thing I'd be concerned.
No, it means he values convenience over prudence. What's more, if he doesn't have all of the facts, then he's just an ignorant voter.
Now I'm convinced, Nolan is just an ignorant voter.

Did you mean ignorant or stupid?
People who know, know.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

TheH2 wrote:Now I'm convinced, Nolan is just an ignorant voter.

either one is correct. HToo!
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

Ignorant.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

TheH2 wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:Early voting is more popular. After 2012, I decided I'm not standing in line for over an hour ever again just to vote.
I hope I never have you as a member of a jury if I ever have to stand trial for something. You would be the kind that would make up your mind half way through the trial before all of the evidence was presented and the arguments were made.
Clearly.
To go further:
I would clearly not someone on my trial who was given two options and chose option B.
Option A: Do X but wait in line for 1 hour.
Option B: Do X but don't wait in line at all.

I find it odd that you think Option B is bad.
It's called impatience
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:

Both is also a correct answer
BigDave
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

USN_Hokie wrote:
BigDave wrote:
More to the point, you're not spending your time in line deliberating. A more apt analogy would be, if offered the choice of serving on a jury for the first trial of the day with no deliberation or serving on a jury for the last trial of the day with one hour of deliberation (assuming both trials cover the same subject matter and the only difference is how long you will have to wait), which juror would you choose? Most would choose to not have to wait around in the courtroom all day.
Which juror do you want Dave? The one who "doesn't want to wait around in the courtroom all day", or the one who will sit through deliberations and listen to the arguments of others? Your conclusion is from the perspective of a lazy juror. We don't want lazy voters or jurors.
I'm not clear why you think both jurors aren't deliberating. Yeah, there are plenty of voters who automatically vote for their party's candidate, and are completely uninformed about any issues. I would suspect, though, that basically everyone on this board is far more informed than the average voter. Uninformed people don't tend to hang out on political message boards.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

Just think, if on Sunday Clinton was arrested instead of the FBI saying nothing changed then these people would still have their vote cast for someone physically in the hoosegow. That's alarming. Though I don't think Nolan is lying when he says nothing would change his mind, she had his vote from the get go. With both candidates being so old, they could die too. Especially Trump as some nutbag or Clinton hitman takes him out. The founders were correct to have an election day in the constitution and not an election month. We're voting with different datasets with early voting. That happens a bit naturally by each side getting news from different sources, but it's at least in the same timeframe.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

Just think, if on Sunday Clinton was arrested instead of the FBI saying nothing changed then these people would still have their vote cast for someone physically in the hoosegow. That's alarming. Though I don't think Nolan is lying when he says nothing would change his mind, she had his vote from the get go. With both candidates being so old, they could die too. Especially Trump as some nutbag or Clinton hitman takes him out. The founders were correct to have an election day in the constitution and not an election month. We're voting with different datasets with early voting. That happens a bit naturally by each side getting news from different sources, but it's at least in the same timeframe.
I didn't vote for Hillary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

:lol:
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You knew I had too ;)
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

Republican voters now ahead in CO too. Just coming out.

Trump LANDSLIDE BITCHEZ!

"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieHam wrote:Republican voters now ahead in CO too. Just coming out.

Trump LANDSLIDE BITCHEZ!

DNC "ground game" has yet to kick in. That means that if you need cigarettes, hang out in the housing projects and their van will pick you up to vote and give you some smokes. If your plan was to pick up some day laborers at Home Depot then you'll likely find them all already spoken for to vote all day long.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieHam wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol:
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Clinton is in Michigan right now. Yes, she needs to defend Michigan. Trump is also there. That shows where things are right now. Just going by body language, she looks tired and defeated. Trump looks energized and charging. Could just be the different staminas or it could be they both know what's coming!
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:Clinton is in Michigan right now. Yes, she needs to defend Michigan. Trump is also there. That shows where things are right now. Just going by body language, she looks tired and defeated. Trump looks energized and charging. Could just be the different staminas or it could be they both know what's coming!
Or, it's a head fake by Clinton to give Trump the impression he has a chance in Michigan - he doesn't.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:Clinton is in Michigan right now. Yes, she needs to defend Michigan. Trump is also there. That shows where things are right now. Just going by body language, she looks tired and defeated. Trump looks energized and charging. Could just be the different staminas or it could be they both know what's coming!
Or, it's a head fake by Clinton to give Trump the impression he has a chance in Michigan - he doesn't.
Umm... Election is tomorrow bro. Do you think the Trump campaign is calling up to buy ads in Michigan right now?