Election Open Thread

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
PolyTech

Re: Election Open Thread

Post by PolyTech »

HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:I'm enjoying watching the liberals cry "but the demographics shifted!". They're out of touch.
I will say that the greatest thing about a Trump win would be watching the liberals go ape$&*t for 4 years. It would make the Bush histrionics look mild, and that's saying a lot.
+1
#JusticeForNolan
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

Stock futures are tanking right now because Trump might win
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:I'm enjoying watching the liberals cry "but the demographics shifted!". They're out of touch.
I will say that the greatest thing about a Trump win would be watching the liberals go ape$&*t for 4 years. It would make the Bush histrionics look mild, and that's saying a lot.
It would be insane.

Break - NYT is projecting Trump could win Ohio by 5. Hmm.

I picked tonight to do employee evaluations, lol. Things might get interesting!
PolyTech

Post by PolyTech »

BigDave wrote:
If Trump wins, he needs to be impeached and removed from office.
#JusticeForNolan
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
It would be insane.

Break - NYT is projecting Trump could win Ohio by 5. Hmm.

I picked tonight to do employee evaluations, lol. Things might get interesting!
I got hammered at work too. First time I broke my banker hours all year. I'm like really, now? Oh well, that's how I make the big bucks cause I cranked out my work and are enjoying some moonshine in my Archie Bunker chair!
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

The fact that Trump could win Ohio by 5 and lose Virginia by the same margin shows how much demographics have changed.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Holy shirt...NYT just moved their odds to 50/50 51% 54% Trump.
Last edited by USN_Hokie on Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
BigDave

Post by BigDave »

PolyTech wrote:
BigDave wrote:
Of course I'm serious. He is a clown and a danger to the country. My hope was nobody gets to 270 and the House declines to pick a winner, leaving Pence to act as President.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

BigDave wrote:
PolyTech wrote:
BigDave wrote:
Of course I'm serious. He is a clown and a danger to the country. My hope was nobody gets to 270 and the House declines to pick a winner, leaving Pence to act as President.
you're silly on this. Sorry, your board and all, but flat out ridiculous.
PolyTech

Post by PolyTech »

BigDave wrote:
PolyTech wrote:
BigDave wrote:
Not to defend the guy, but what high crime or misdemeanor did he commit while in office?
#JusticeForNolan
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:The fact that Trump could win Ohio by 5 and lose Virginia by the same margin shows how much demographics have changed.

It shows they exported their turds here. I talked about this earlier. The libtards moving south opened up their home states, where they're just as hated. CA has the same thing where 45% of the state is red. They're just outnumbered by the band of idiots that moves around to trendy areas.
BigDave

Post by BigDave »

PolyTech wrote:Not to defend the guy, but what high crime or misdemeanor did he commit while in office?
1. I'm missing where the Constitution says that he has to commit the high crimes or misdemeanors while in office.

2. He doesn't actually need to commit any high crimes or misdemeanors; rather, 67 people just need to say that he did. Much like nobody questioned that wild Bill committed high crimes and misdemeanors, but the democrats refused to remove him from office.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

BigDave wrote:
PolyTech wrote:Not to defend the guy, but what high crime or misdemeanor did he commit while in office?
1. I'm missing where the Constitution says that he has to commit the high crimes or misdemeanors while in office.

2. He doesn't actually need to commit any high crimes or misdemeanors; rather, 67 people just need to say that he did. Much like nobody questioned that wild Bill committed high crimes and misdemeanors, but the democrats refused to remove him from office.

dumb
BigDave

Post by BigDave »

Futures now down 500.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

I was at a bar tonight with a table full of old leftist professors......they even had a full sized Hillary cutout. I'm thinking of going back if he wins and tell them I want to fill my beer mug with their tears!
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
PolyTech

Post by PolyTech »

BigDave wrote:
Seems pretty reasonable since we live in a democracy that once elected President, whoever it would be gets a bit of a do-over, especially since his high crime of being "a clown" was widely known before the election.
BigDave wrote: 2. He doesn't actually need to commit any high crimes or misdemeanors; rather, 67 people just need to say that he did. Much like nobody questioned that wild Bill committed high crimes and misdemeanors, but the democrats refused to remove him from office.
So it comes down to people's opinions. True. Yours is that he's a clown. So we'd remove a legitimately elected president from office because BigDave says he's a clown. Got it.
#JusticeForNolan
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

NOVA screwed us again
BigDave

Post by BigDave »

Fox called Virginia for Mrs. Sandwich.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

BigDave wrote:

I'm a big proponent for bringing back ostracism. While thought of as an informal shunning today, a lot of people are unaware that this was actually formal proceeding in ancient Athens whereby citizens would vote to kick one person out for 10 years. How awesome would that be?
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
BigDave wrote:

I'm a big proponent for bringing back ostracism. While thought of as an informal shunning today, a lot of people are unaware that this was actually formal proceeding in ancient Athens whereby citizens would vote to kick one person out for 10 years. How awesome would that be?
GOP retains the House. That's one positive.
BigDave

Post by BigDave »

HokieFanDC wrote:GOP retains the House. That's one positive.
And should be the Senate as well.

Did I see what I thought I did? I have Fox Business on one TV and CNN muted on the other TV and I could have sworn that I saw CNN's ticker put a checkmark by the Republican Senator in Wisconsin. That race was one considered an ironclad lock that the Democrats would win. If Republicans are winning that, then there is no chance of a Democrat senate and we may not even lose any net seats - we lose Illinois, but pick up Nevada.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

This is amazing. I remember lefties bashing Silver for being cautious in his confidence for Clinton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
HokieJoe
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

BigDave wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

Of course, I'd say the same about Hillary ... but there would be 0.0 Democrats who would ever vote to impeach or convict Hillary. And that's sad.
Based on what? Does that work like prospective pardons for as yet uncharged, unconvicted felons?
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:This is amazing. I remember lefties bashing Silver for being cautious in his confidence for Clinton.

In their defense, it's thin margins either way.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:This is amazing. I remember lefties bashing Silver for being cautious in his confidence for Clinton.

I'm not following, though I admittedly wasn't following Silver that close. I remember him saying it was within the MOE, and some journalists bashing him for it?