OK: Co-ed achieves sexual equality courtesy...

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
cwtcr hokie

Re: OK: Co-ed achieves sexual equality courtesy...

Post by cwtcr hokie »

BigDave wrote:I was just watching ESPN's CFB Live before today's bowl game and I am stunned that in the effort to fall all over themselves opposing violence against women, not one of the alleged journalists acknowledged that she hit first. It left me wondering if we watched the same video.

Reasonable point of view: "She hit first, he had a right to defend himself or to remove himself from the threat, but his response was out-of-proportion."

Unreasonable point of view: "ZOMG IT'S VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN!!!!!"
from what i saw last night her and him were not dating or anything, it appears he said a homo slur against one of her friends (who thought that may occur at 2 AM at a waffle house), so her response was to assault him, huh? that is the correct response from her?
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
BigDave wrote:I was just watching ESPN's CFB Live before today's bowl game and I am stunned that in the effort to fall all over themselves opposing violence against women, not one of the alleged journalists acknowledged that she hit first. It left me wondering if we watched the same video.

Reasonable point of view: "She hit first, he had a right to defend himself or to remove himself from the threat, but his response was out-of-proportion."

from what i saw last night her and him were not dating or anything, it appears he said a homo slur against one of her friends (who thought that may occur at 2 AM at a waffle house), so her response was to assault him, huh? that is the correct response from her?
Ll

It's amazing to me that some of you think a proper response to being slapped, is to fist punch her. Should she be charged for shoving and slapping him? Possibly. Depends on what he was saying at the time. But, punching someone who is not a physical threat, is just vile. He deserves what he gets.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Ll

It's amazing to me that some of you think a proper response to being slapped, is to fist punch her. Should she be charged for shoving and slapping him? Possibly. Depends on what he was saying at the time. But, punching someone who is not a physical threat, is just vile. He deserves what he gets.
You find it "amazing" that some would think on here that this is a proper response?
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:

cwtcr - people in society will not always respond well to insults. Their guilt in escalating the situation does not absolve others of their own culpability. Our legal system does not demand that victims act like angels in order to prosecute people who are guilty in their own accord.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

cwtcr - people in society will not always respond well to insults. Their guilt in escalating the situation does not absolve others of their own culpability. Our legal system does not demand that victims act like angels in order to prosecute people who are guilty in their own accord.

Sure it does. Only an asshole would think you can slap and grab someone by the neck without getting a punch in the face. Do you slap people and expect nothing in response? The law doesn't believe that's reasonable.
Last edited by awesome guy on Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Sure it does. Only an asshole would think you can slat and grab someone by the neck without getting a punch in the face. Do you slap people and expect nothing in response? The law doesn't believe that's reasonable.
OK.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Sure it does. Only an asshole would think you can slat and grab someone by the neck without getting a punch in the face. Do you slap people and expect nothing in response? The law doesn't believe that's reasonable.
OK.
I'm right. Your only argument involves sexism in that women should have a different standard when attacking another human being. If you want to say they're weaker and so deserve more protection then I'm OK with that as long as you also remove Title IX and all the other advantages they get, like being called a minority when they're 51% of the population. But if you're going to dig into liberal kookery with "equality" via government intervention then they get all of equality, including getting a punch to the face after attacking random people. You can't have it both ways where they're so strong and independent that they get preferential treatment, yet so frail that they can only attack others, but without a response. We know you won't give on the other issues, so welcome to a man's world chicks!
FireFuente
Alma Mater: VT

Post by FireFuente »

HokieFanDC wrote: It's amazing to me that some of you think a proper response to being slapped, is to fist punch her. Should she be charged for shoving and slapping him? Possibly. Depends on what he was saying at the time. But, punching someone who is not a physical threat, is just vile. He deserves what he gets.
What kind of idiot physically assaults someone who is bigger and stronger than they are?

Maybe the lesson here is don't be a dumbass.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

nolanvt wrote:She should've been charged as well.
LMAO..please. What if a 12 year old boy pushed him and this thug broke the boys jaw in 4 places? Should the boy be charged? You guys defending this thug are on full retard here
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

CFB Apologist wrote:
LMAO..please. What if a 12 year old boy pushed him and this thug broke the boys jaw in 4 places? Should the boy be charged? You guys defending this thug are on full retard here
FTR, Mixon should be punished more harshly.
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

awesome guy wrote:
sup

What if she was a 12 year old boy? Charge him with assault? If he pushed a 200lb football player?
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

nolanvt wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
Ya think? Jesus. This is a no brainer, but in neo-liberal america we have to go retard. 200 pound football thugs breaks girls face in 4 places, and runs from the scene.. yeah, lets charge her with assault as she is lying in her pool of blood on the floor. Full Retard
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

CFB Apologist wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
sup

What if she was a 12 year old boy? Charge him with assault? If he pushed a 200lb football player?

Are you saying an adult woman has the mental capacity of a 12 year old boy?
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
Ya think? Jesus. This is a no brainer, but in neo-liberal america we have to go retard. 200 pound football thugs breaks girls face in 4 places, and runs from the scene.. yeah, lets charge her with assault as she is lying in her pool of blood on the floor. Full Retard
There are generally degrees of charges. She would get a slap on the wrist (no pun intended). Mixon would get much harsher treatment. Duh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

awesome guy wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
sup

Nope the same physical capacity, since she "assualted" this poor widdle 200 pound football player...
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

CFB Apologist wrote:

I don't think anyone is saying he should've went without punishment/charges. However, the fact remains that she instigated the situation. We're acknowledging, in the strictest sense, that actions have consequences under the law. That doesn't mean the actions were equivalent; or the punishment for each party should be equivalent.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

CFB Apologist wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
sup

Nope the same physical capacity, since she "assualted" this poor widdle 200 pound football player...

She should have considered that before slapping and choking him. If a 200 pound football player slaps and chokes a 320 pound football player then is the 200 pounder off the hook too?

I say mess with the bull, you might get the horns.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

awesome guy wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
sup

She should have considered that before slapping and choking him. If a 200 pound football player slaps and chokes a 320 pound football player then is the 200 pounder off the hook too?

I say mess with the bull, you might get the horns.

Stop lying please- she did not "choke" him- watch the video.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

CFB Apologist wrote:Stop lying please- she did not "choke" him- watch the video.
she grabbed him by the neck. Most people consider that a choke.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

awesome guy wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:Stop lying please- she did not "choke" him- watch the video.
Now you are just being dishonest in the name of defending a thug. Well done- do the same if someone beats your daughter down with a closed fist- justify it by stretching the truth
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

CFB Apologist wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Now you are just being dishonest in the name of defending a thug. Well done- do the same if someone beats your daughter down with a closed fist- justify it by stretching the truth

derpy, derp, derp. I take it you're ok with the 200 pound football player punching the 325 pound football player?

I teach my girls to be better than being drunk at the Waffle House at 2 am and assaulting random people.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

awesome guy wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

derpy, derp, derp. I take it you're ok with the 200 pound football player punching the 325 pound football player?

I teach my girls to be better than being drunk at the Waffle House at 2 am and assaulting random people.

Talk about derp- lol... "she "assualted" him first..yep..period..derp derp derp...If he would have killed her, its justified, because she "choked" him - derp derp derp alright.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

CFB Apologist wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

Talk about derp- lol... "she "assualted" him first..yep..period..derp derp derp...If he would have killed her, its justified, because she "choked" him - derp derp derp alright.
What else do you call her slapping him and then coming a second time to grab him by the neck? You obviously don't want to admit the basic facts of happened.
FireFuente
Alma Mater: VT

Post by FireFuente »

CFB Apologist wrote:
Whether you want to call it an assault of not, she did start it. It was her decision to take a verbal argument and escalate it to something physical.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Ll

You find it "amazing" that some would think on here that this is a proper response?
Who is arguing that? I've never hit a woman, nor would I condone it outside of extreme circumstances. I'm not arguing for men punching women, I'm arguing against feminist hypocrisy. The truth is that feminists are only interested in equality when it benefits them. You and DC are saps for playing their game.