OK: Co-ed achieves sexual equality courtesy...

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Re: OK: Co-ed achieves sexual equality courtesy...

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
BigDave wrote:I was just watching ESPN's CFB Live before today's bowl game and I am stunned that in the effort to fall all over themselves opposing violence against women, not one of the alleged journalists acknowledged that she hit first. It left me wondering if we watched the same video.

Reasonable point of view: "She hit first, he had a right to defend himself or to remove himself from the threat, but his response was out-of-proportion."

Unreasonable point of view: "ZOMG IT'S VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN!!!!!"
from what i saw last night her and him were not dating or anything, it appears he said a homo slur against one of her friends (who thought that may occur at 2 AM at a waffle house), so her response was to assault him, huh? that is the correct response from her?
Ll

It's amazing to me that some of you think a proper response to being slapped, is to fist punch her. Should she be charged for shoving and slapping him? Possibly. Depends on what he was saying at the time. But, punching someone who is not a physical threat, is just vile. He deserves what he gets.
You find it "amazing" that some would think on here that this is a proper response?
Who is arguing that? I've never hit a woman, nor would I condone it outside of extreme circumstances. I'm not arguing for men punching women, I'm arguing against feminist hypocrisy. The truth is that feminists are only interested in equality when it benefits them. You and DC are saps for playing their game.
I'm all for you and CW fighting for social justice on behalf of men, and if you want to bring charges against the girl for assault, I support your right to seek justice.

But if I'm on the jury this guy is serving jail time, notwithstanding the role the girl had in escalating the situation.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
BigDave wrote:I was just watching ESPN's CFB Live before today's bowl game and I am stunned that in the effort to fall all over themselves opposing violence against women, not one of the alleged journalists acknowledged that she hit first. It left me wondering if we watched the same video.

Reasonable point of view: "She hit first, he had a right to defend himself or to remove himself from the threat, but his response was out-of-proportion."

from what i saw last night her and him were not dating or anything, it appears he said a homo slur against one of her friends (who thought that may occur at 2 AM at a waffle house), so her response was to assault him, huh? that is the correct response from her?
Ll

It's amazing to me that some of you think a proper response to being slapped, is to fist punch her. Should she be charged for shoving and slapping him? Possibly. Depends on what he was saying at the time. But, punching someone who is not a physical threat, is just vile. He deserves what he gets.
You find it "amazing" that some would think on here that this is a proper response?
Who is arguing that? I've never hit a woman, nor would I condone it outside of extreme circumstances. I'm not arguing for men punching women, I'm arguing against feminist hypocrisy. The truth is that feminists are only interested in equality when it benefits them. You and DC are saps for playing their game.
I'm not playing a game, you are. Getting punched in the face after slapping him has nothing to do with feminism or feminine hypocrisy. It has to do with a jackass punching a woman because he's an ahole. You saps are the ones whining about feminism and lying about her grabbing his neck.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Ll

actually he was slapped and she grabbed his neck at the windpipe, sorry wether a man or woman does that that is an assault on you and you have the right to defend yourself. FACT is the girl got into a fight that she initiated and lost, drunk altercations happen every weekend on college campuses. If she had gotten into a fight with a girl with the same results (very possible btw) would you be blaming the other girl or say she was defending herself
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

cwtcr - people in society will not always respond well to insults. Their guilt in escalating the situation does not absolve others of their own culpability. Our legal system does not demand that victims act like angels in order to prosecute people who are guilty in their own accord.
you are correct, the girl started a fight and lost, end of story
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:She should've been charged as well.
LMAO..please. What if a 12 year old boy pushed him and this thug broke the boys jaw in 4 places? Should the boy be charged? You guys defending this thug are on full retard here
totally different situation, your comparison is apples to oranges, a minor compared to a similiar size adult? come on now
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

cwtcr - people in society will not always respond well to insults. Their guilt in escalating the situation does not absolve others of their own culpability. Our legal system does not demand that victims act like angels in order to prosecute people who are guilty in their own accord.
It's not the end of the story. There are pending civil charges, at least. I thought there were pending criminal charges as well.

You are going to see this kid any given sunday. Win the super bowl and drive off in a Hyundai.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
LMAO..please. What if a 12 year old boy pushed him and this thug broke the boys jaw in 4 places? Should the boy be charged? You guys defending this thug are on full retard here
FTR, Mixon should be punished more harshly.
Ya think? Jesus. This is a no brainer, but in neo-liberal america we have to go retard. 200 pound football thugs breaks girls face in 4 places, and runs from the scene.. yeah, lets charge her with assault as she is lying in her pool of blood on the floor. Full Retard
so she should be able to beat on him because he said something she did not like, he can't defend himself??? he did not start anything, she initiated the physical contact and it was only after her first hit and then SHE put his hands on him again did he react. He has every right to defend himself, she lost a fight, next time in your drunken stupor lady figure out wether you can win or lose a fight before you start one, how about that?
Last edited by cwtcr hokie on Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
Ya think? Jesus. This is a no brainer, but in neo-liberal america we have to go retard. 200 pound football thugs breaks girls face in 4 places, and runs from the scene.. yeah, lets charge her with assault as she is lying in her pool of blood on the floor. Full Retard
There are generally degrees of charges. She would get a slap on the wrist (no pun intended). Mixon would get much harsher treatment. Duh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
so a smaller guy with liquid courage in him loses a fight he initiates, should the winner of the fight be charged? is the winner of the fight determine who the charges are placed on? huh?
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:
Only an asshole would think you can slap and grab someone by the neck without getting a punch in the face.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Ll

I'm not playing a game, you are. Getting punched in the face after slapping him has nothing to do with feminism or feminine hypocrisy. It has to do with a jackass punching a woman because he's an ahole. You saps are the ones whining about feminism and lying about her grabbing his neck.
i guess we watched different videos, on the one I saw he says something apparantly that offends someone she is with, she reacts with it appears a verbal altercation and then takes a swing at the guy.... that is called assault by her, it appears he tries to fend it off but was late trying and it looked to me that she connected to his body...... again THAT IS CALLED ASSAULT BY HER. At that point on the video I saw she reaches up and grabs his neck in front (the windpipe area), hard to see on the video but if she is squeezing just a little I and you are then in more of a dire situation as even a little bitty women can cut off your air by doing that. She takes a second swing at him with her other hand which it appears he fended off. At that point he took a swing at her which he has every right to do as it is self defense obviously. I guess you saw something different.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

It's not the end of the story. There are pending civil charges, at least. I thought there were pending criminal charges as well.

You are going to see this kid any given sunday. Win the super bowl and drive off in a Hyundai.
he turned himself in after the altercation and the criminal part was already adjucated. I beleive she has a civil lawsuit against him, which if they use the video she will lose. Its like a woman runs her car into a guy and then sues the guy for being in the way
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

i guess we watched different videos, on the one I saw he says something apparantly that offends someone she is with, she reacts with it appears a verbal altercation and then takes a swing at the guy.... that is called assault by her, it appears he tries to fend it off but was late trying and it looked to me that she connected to his body...... again THAT IS CALLED ASSAULT BY HER. At that point on the video I saw she reaches up and grabs his neck in front (the windpipe area), hard to see on the video but if she is squeezing just a little I and you are then in more of a dire situation as even a little bitty women can cut off your air by doing that. She takes a second swing at him with her other hand which it appears he fended off. At that point he took a swing at her which he has every right to do as it is self defense obviously. I guess you saw something different.
Yes, as always, you watched a different video. She slapped him on the neck. She didn't grab him. Her hand was in contact with his face or neck for less than a second. You're grasping, or lying.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
Only an asshole would think you can slap and grab someone by the neck without getting a punch in the face.

My policy is to not tempt fate.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
Vienna_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: libertarian

Post by Vienna_Hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

he turned himself in after the altercation and the criminal part was already adjucated. I beleive she has a civil lawsuit against him, which if they use the video she will lose. Its like a woman runs her car into a guy and then sues the guy for being in the way
Hmmm.... he's about to go into the NFL draft and get paid big bucks and suddenly this video is released and a civil lawsuit is filed. I'm sure that is all just a coincidence.
Looks like the only thing 1984 got wrong was the date.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

Yes, as always, you watched a different video. She slapped him on the neck. She didn't grab him. Her hand was in contact with his face or neck for less than a second. You're grasping, or lying.
good to see you agree she started the physical altercation and swung first and came back at him a second time before he reacted. So if the she in this was a dude and lost the fight he started as bad as she did would you still blame the fball player? That is the thing, I agree he could have handled it differently but I also expect every human has a right to defend themselves but the aggressor in the situation was not him, for instance a girl goes to rob you, are you allowed to defend yourself as a big ol man?

Just had a case this week, two guys and a weak girl robbed and shot a couple in central charlotte, I guess the girl should not be charged with anything
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
lets try it out on you and see your response, I am sure you will not defend yourself at all, right?
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
lets try it out on you and see your response, I am sure you will not defend yourself at all, right?
You are right of course. I may have jimmy super fly snukka'd off the food counter (if I wasn't packing heat).

cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
You are right of course. I may have jimmy super fly snukka'd off the food counter (if I wasn't packing heat).

let see if you can answer a simple question, what would you do after a random woman slaps/punches you and has their hands on your neck and is continuing the assault, please give us a coherent answer. Yes running is an alternative but you have to disengage from the attacker first, how exactly are you doing that?
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

let see if you can answer a simple question, what would you do after a random woman slaps/punches you and has their hands on your neck and is continuing the assault, please give us a coherent answer. Yes running is an alternative but you have to disengage from the attacker first, how exactly are you doing that?
Please.

cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

Please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

really a quality answer, truly epic. remember you have to dis-engage from her as she is the aggressor and as you try and push her away she is still coming at you....lets try again for a coherent answer, just one for the day, you can do it!
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote: LMAO..please. What if a 12 year old boy pushed him and this thug broke the boys jaw in 4 places? Should the boy be charged? You guys defending this thug are on full retard here

Please.

really a quality answer, truly epic. remember you have to dis-engage from her as she is the aggressor and as you try and push her away she is still coming at you....lets try again for a coherent answer, just one for the day, you can do it![/quote]

Are you autistic?

133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Ll

Agree completely
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
so she should be able to beat on him because he said something she did not like, he can't defend himself??? he did not start anything, she initiated the physical contact and it was only after her first hit and then SHE put his hands on him again did he react. He has every right to defend himself, she lost a fight, next time in your drunken stupor lady figure out wether you can win or lose a fight before you start one, how about that?
Proportional response
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
good to see you agree she started the physical altercation and swung first and came back at him a second time before he reacted. So if the she in this was a dude and lost the fight he started as bad as she did would you still blame the fball player? That is the thing, I agree he could have handled it differently but I also expect every human has a right to defend themselves but the aggressor in the situation was not him, for instance a girl goes to rob you, are you allowed to defend yourself as a big ol man?

Just had a case this week, two guys and a weak girl robbed and shot a couple in central charlotte, I guess the girl should not be charged with anything

There is no need for a hypothetical. She is a girl and slapped him. His reaction was unnecessary and disproportionate. Also, you're ignoring that Mixon came into the store and confronted them. He was being the aggressor.
As for your shooting scenario, what does that have to do with anything? Your illogical strawman just underscores how horrible your argument is.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

Just walk away.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.