So we're going to go from our first black president...

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Re: So we're going to go from our first black president...

Post by Major Kong »

Cpt Jagdish wrote:...He could also release his taxes...
Trumps taxes are his business and his business alone (along with the IRS).

I have never grokked, nor will I grok this fascination with a candidates taxes.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
Cpt Jagdish wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
Cpt Jagdish wrote:Taking a break from the trolling and sniping going on back and forth. Does anyone think it's politically dangerous for Trump to tweet this:

"Russia has never tried to use leverage over me. I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH RUSSIA - NO DEALS, NO LOANS, NO NOTHING!"
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 6489591809

There's already verified reports of his, his family's, business's relationships with Russia. Those are already causing red flags. Now he doubles down. If anything comes out that contradicts this moving forward, you have to cast doubt on his actions, right? Even the folks who care about the party more?

(as an aside, I think it's ridiculous that there are many that all of a sudden think Russia is a big deal when they laughed at Romney for pointing that out four years ago. And vice versa, I searched on this board and many of you were not taking Romney lightly but now are dismissing all the Russia stuff).

its been documented his businesses has loans around the world, don't believe any russian banks have loaned him money though. But he has alot of business interests so he has contacts all over the world. You are correct though if we want a prez that has any contacts in the world we need to keep electing people like Obama that would not know how to run a business if they were given google. We need folks that have been small time politicians in the usa only. Otherwise yes the person elected could have prior dealings in other countries.

I think this is how he should reply but to double down on it is disingenuous. He could also release his taxes so that that you're not leaving any doubt on the table but for him to come out in his press conference and basically say he won't do it just seems like he has something to hide. I always said during the stupid birther thing that Obama should just release everything that everyone is asking for, same for Donald.
What does releasing a 1040 prove, I am a 30+ year accountant/Controller and have prepared many tax returns and seen lots of them and they tell you very little about the person in general. I know the guy is rich and what taxes he pays is his business. So what would a tax return show you? Since his business interests are varied and of some quantity it gets even more complicated as you don't know how each business is reported on tax returns. And most of all there is ZERO requirement to release any tax return he has, those are voluntary disclosures and I would never ever ever ever tell anyone to release personal tax returns to just anyone.
Charitable giving (he has made lots of claims), income, different types of income. There are lots of things you can learn from a 1040. If you learn very little about the person, then why would you "never ever ever ever tell anyone to release personal tax returns to just anyone."
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
Cpt Jagdish wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
Cpt Jagdish wrote:Taking a break from the trolling and sniping going on back and forth. Does anyone think it's politically dangerous for Trump to tweet this:

"Russia has never tried to use leverage over me. I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH RUSSIA - NO DEALS, NO LOANS, NO NOTHING!"

There's already verified reports of his, his family's, business's relationships with Russia. Those are already causing red flags. Now he doubles down. If anything comes out that contradicts this moving forward, you have to cast doubt on his actions, right? Even the folks who care about the party more?

(as an aside, I think it's ridiculous that there are many that all of a sudden think Russia is a big deal when they laughed at Romney for pointing that out four years ago. And vice versa, I searched on this board and many of you were not taking Romney lightly but now are dismissing all the Russia stuff).

its been documented his businesses has loans around the world, don't believe any russian banks have loaned him money though. But he has alot of business interests so he has contacts all over the world. You are correct though if we want a prez that has any contacts in the world we need to keep electing people like Obama that would not know how to run a business if they were given google. We need folks that have been small time politicians in the usa only. Otherwise yes the person elected could have prior dealings in other countries.

I think this is how he should reply but to double down on it is disingenuous. He could also release his taxes so that that you're not leaving any doubt on the table but for him to come out in his press conference and basically say he won't do it just seems like he has something to hide. I always said during the stupid birther thing that Obama should just release everything that everyone is asking for, same for Donald.
What does releasing a 1040 prove, I am a 30+ year accountant/Controller and have prepared many tax returns and seen lots of them and they tell you very little about the person in general. I know the guy is rich and what taxes he pays is his business. So what would a tax return show you? Since his business interests are varied and of some quantity it gets even more complicated as you don't know how each business is reported on tax returns. And most of all there is ZERO requirement to release any tax return he has, those are voluntary disclosures and I would never ever ever ever tell anyone to release personal tax returns to just anyone.
Charitable giving (he has made lots of claims), income, different types of income. There are lots of things you can learn from a 1040. If you learn very little about the person, then why would you "never ever ever ever tell anyone to release personal tax returns to just anyone."
why do i need to know Trumps income, he is a rich dude obviously. And sorry but for any human on the planet what they pay in taxes or charity or anything else is none of anyone elses business, thus why I say that you don't release personal tax returns. If his company is public the company tax return is part of its filings, not the personal returns of the ceo
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
Cpt Jagdish wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

why do i need to know Trumps income, he is a rich dude obviously. And sorry but for any human on the planet what they pay in taxes or charity or anything else is none of anyone elses business, thus why I say that you don't release personal tax returns. If his company is public the company tax return is part of its filings, not the personal returns of the ceo
I think it's mostly that all candidates have done it in the past, and it suggests that he has something to hide. But it's a moot point now.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
Cpt Jagdish wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

(as an aside, I think it's ridiculous that there are many that all of a sudden think Russia is a big deal when they laughed at Romney for pointing that out four years ago. And vice versa, I searched on this board and many of yo

u were not taking Romney lightly but now are dismissing all the Russia stuff).

"If his company is public"? Did you really write that?
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Liberals want to know so they have an idea of how much to try and extract from him per their mafia style shakedown of the public.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

This whole episode has been such a joy to watch. The libs were so desperate to get the goods on Trump that they were willing to believe any story that made him look bad, no matter how crazy or unsubstantiated the story was. So they latch onto some outlandish story about Trump and Russia and it blows up in their faces. And the most delicious part is that a fake news story is what got them, and they have been the ones whaling about fake news fir the past 2 months. It was just perfect.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:This whole episode has been such a joy to watch. The libs were so desperate to get the goods on Trump that they were willing to believe any story that made him look bad, no matter how crazy or unsubstantiated the story was. So they latch onto some outlandish story about Trump and Russia and it blows up in their faces. And the most delicious part is that a fake news story is what got them, and they have been the ones whaling about fake news fir the past 2 months. It was just perfect.
Yep. I like that they invented the fake news stuff and Trump is killing them with it. Hoisted by their own pitard.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:This whole episode has been such a joy to watch. The libs were so desperate to get the goods on Trump that they were willing to believe any story that made him look bad, no matter how crazy or unsubstantiated the story was. So they latch onto some outlandish story about Trump and Russia and it blows up in their faces. And the most delicious part is that a fake news story is what got them, and they have been the ones whaling about fake news fir the past 2 months. It was just perfect.
Poor hoof even provided a lullaby for Trump. He was sure that ole Trump was going to drop out the next day.

pissgate = bestgate

Best. Election. Ever. :mrgreen:
Once there was a way,
To get back homeward.
Once there was a way,
To get back home.
Sleep pretty darling do not cry,
And I will sing a lullaby.

http://uwsboard.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20358#p168341

HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

USN_Hokie wrote:
Poor hoof even provided a lullaby for Trump. He was sure that ole Trump was going to drop out the next day.

pissgate = bestgate

Best. Election. Ever. :mrgreen:
Once there was a way,
To get back homeward.
Once there was a way,
To get back home.
Sleep pretty darling do not cry,
And I will sing a lullaby.

http://uwsboard.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20358#p168341

In my best evil laugh.......mwahahahahahahahahahaha :lol:
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

LMAO

Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

USN_Hokie wrote:LMAO

:lol: :lol: :lol:

HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

USN_Hokie wrote:LMAO

:lol:
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
Cpt Jagdish wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

(as an aside, I think it's ridiculous that there are many that all of a sudden think Russia is a big deal when they laughed at Romney for pointing that out four years ago. And vice versa, I searched on this board and many of yo

u were not taking Romney lightly but now are dismissing all the Russia stuff).

"If his company is public"? Did you really write that?[/quote]

yes, what is the question? He has a decent quantity of business interests, if he is like any other developer his properties are set up as LLC's and thus not public, as far as I know he does not run any public companies, all his stuff is private. Point being if that is the case he has a very large tax return with all the various businesses k-1's being entered into his personal return. Yes there is info there but since it is on his personal 1040 it is none of anyones business unless he chooses to make it so. Look what happened when that big loss was publicized from an old return. Never mind that he could have shown lots of income in the years prior to that, the news media went nuts saying he would not pay taxes for the next 18 years after the loss. Never mind that the loss could have easily been applied to the following year and he owed taxes in the years after the loss. I don't blame him for not releasing them, 99.9% of the people will not understand them anyways
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

So, Hoof fell for the biggest taillights story on UWS........
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Charitable giving (he has made lots of claims), income, different types of income. There are lots of things you can learn from a 1040
Uh....yyeeeeaaahhh-No. (/my Office Space boss imitation)
A tax return only reflects information that impacts taxes. It is a tax report, for purposes of government/IRS uses, not to be confused with "real" accounting & reporting. Charitable contributions? Only as to what impacts taxable incomes and what is government required disclosure. The tax return is only that -a tax document- with very different purposes than one prepared for managerial purposes. I doubt seriously that more than 1% of people who think they are qualified to understand such a thing would understand at all Donald Trump's tax returns, and would likely draw false conclusions therefrom. Any "AH-Ha!" fed to the public would most likely be a faulty information.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieHam wrote:So, Hoof fell for the biggest taillights story on UWS........
Don't scare him off, we need to conserve the LWNJ species like we do the Giant Panda. Sure, like the giant panda, they need to be fed, don't know how to raise young, and need to be shown porn in order to learn how to procreate, but it's the only way to preserve the LWNJ species for future generations to enjoy mock and ridicule.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

USN_Hokie wrote:
Don't scare him off, we need to conserve the LWNJ species like we do the Giant Panda. Sure, like the giant panda, they need to be fed, don't know how to raise young, and need to be shown porn in order to learn how to procreate, but it's the only way to preserve the LWNJ species for future generations to enjoy mock and ridicule.
I have fallen for fake news and brought it here before.

Right now, I'm tickled to death how things are moving. I am sure that Trump will let me down, too. As surely as the sun will rise.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

RiverguyVT wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
I have fallen for fake news and brought it here before.

Right now, I'm tickled to death how things are moving. I am sure that Trump will let me down, too. As surely as the sun will rise.
I don't necessarily believe it's true. I don't really care if it is, as long as it yields entertainment. In all seriousness, I think it's more likely that Trump knocks some other chick up and pays for her abortion before going down this particular road.
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
HooFighter
Party: all the time

Post by HooFighter »

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

HooFighter wrote:
Who?

Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

HokieHam wrote:
HooFighter wrote:
Who?
Another putz who wasn't invited and had his posse float a rumor so he could refuse to perform at an event he wasn't invited to in the first place.

UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

HooFighter wrote:
R Kelly or Dave Chappell?

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
Vienna_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: libertarian

Post by Vienna_Hokie »

He's too busy in the closet with Tom Cruise
Looks like the only thing 1984 got wrong was the date.
HooFighter
Party: all the time

Post by HooFighter »

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.