Dem mistakes satire blog for news source to hit Republicans

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
UpstateSCHokie

Dem mistakes satire blog for news source to hit Republicans

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

But remember, its the Republicans that are the idiots (per the MSM(D) and the libs/livs).

==========================

Oops: House Dem mistakes satire blog for news source to hit Obamacare critics
By PAUL BEDARD | DECEMBER 4, 2013 AT 3:06 PM

There was an awkward moment at today's House Oversight and Government Reform Committee hearing on Obamacare when a New York Democrat rapped GOP critics with quotes from a satirical New Yorker feature, The Borowitz Report.

Rep. Carolyn Maloney, while calling it her own “distinguished comedic think tank,” quoted from several stories in the Borowitz satire blog as if they were accurate, most notably one in which author Andy Borowitz joked that Republicans are complaining that the problem-plagued Obamacare website is working too fast.

She later called the blog a “distinguished report.” Maloney said, “The distinguished report went on to criticize some of my Republican colleagues for plotting to make the Affordable Care Act work, criticizing efforts by President Obama and his team to be flexible, making adjustments in their plan.”

Borowitz describes his column as “news, reshuffled.” His latest post is about how the Hubble Space Telescope is sending “selfies” back to NASA.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/oops-hous ... le/2540166

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
BG Hokie

Re: Dem mistakes satire blog for news source to hit Republic

Post by BG Hokie »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:But remember, its the Republicans that are the idiots (per the MSM(D) and the libs/livs).

==========================

Oops: House Dem mistakes satire blog for news source to hit Obamacare critics
By PAUL BEDARD | DECEMBER 4, 2013 AT 3:06 PM

There was an awkward moment at today's House Oversight and Government Reform Committee hearing on Obamacare when a New York Democrat rapped GOP critics with quotes from a satirical New Yorker feature, The Borowitz Report.

Rep. Carolyn Maloney, while calling it her own “distinguished comedic think tank,” quoted from several stories in the Borowitz satire blog as if they were accurate, most notably one in which author Andy Borowitz joked that Republicans are complaining that the problem-plagued Obamacare website is working too fast.

She later called the blog a “distinguished report.” Maloney said, “The distinguished report went on to criticize some of my Republican colleagues for plotting to make the Affordable Care Act work, criticizing efforts by President Obama and his team to be flexible, making adjustments in their plan.”

Borowitz describes his column as “news, reshuffled.” His latest post is about how the Hubble Space Telescope is sending “selfies” back to NASA.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/oops-hous ... le/2540166
Ha, that's classic. I love these types of stories. I could see Jon Stewart having fun with this one.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Re: Dem mistakes satire blog for news source to hit Republic

Post by Major Kong »

Just goes to show what most of us have always known...that most members of Congress are morons...that is with the exception of our particular representative. :P
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.