Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
oaktonhokie

The knockout game at yale. Pedestrians attacked by

Post by oaktonhokie »

young adults.

No mention of any racial component.

And yet the genius at the police dept, iirc, said the best way to stop it is to "educate the public and the press..."

Don't tell them who is doing it, but educate them. Huh?

And the press is promoting this by covering it. Maybe the press should not cover crimes in new haven. Everything is fine, there is no crime. THAT is education at yale.

http://yaledailynews.com/blog/2013/12/0 ... ut-threat/
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Re: The knockout game at yale. Pedestrians attacked by

Post by BigDave »

oaktonhokie wrote:young adults.

And yet the genius at the police dept, iirc, said the best way to stop it is to "educate the public and the press..."

And the press is promoting this by covering it. Maybe the press should not cover crimes in new haven. Everything is fine, there is no crime. THAT is education at yale.

I love this quote from another article about this incident: "While some of those attacked have been white, and some suspected attackers black, experts said the incidents are more about preying on the seemingly helpless than race or religion."

But wait ... there's more ...

"Juvenile delinquency experts say a good punishment for these teens would be empathy training, such as volunteering at a homeless shelter. " That's right ... a good punishment for thugs who sucker punch innocent people on the street is to ask them to volunteer at a homeless shelter.

This article said that five other attacks took place nearby that same night. But clearly the knockout game is a hoax - it's not really happening.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
Marine Hokie

Post by Marine Hokie »

A punishment where you volunteer? Is that like "voluntary" taxation?
BigDave wrote:

I love this quote from another article about this incident: "While some of those attacked have been white, and some suspected attackers black, experts said the incidents are more about preying on the seemingly helpless than race or religion."

"Juvenile delinquency experts say a good punishment for these teens would be empathy training, such as volunteering at a homeless shelter. " That's right ... a good punishment for thugs who sucker punch innocent people on the street is to ask them to volunteer at a homeless shelter.

This article said that five other attacks took place nearby that same night. But clearly the knockout game is a hoax - it's not really happening.
A man is no less a slave because he is allowed to choose a new master once in a term of years.
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

I'm sure that today's media would have described klan lynchings in the 30s the same way.

While some of the victims have been black, and some of the alleged murderers may have been white (with the hoods it's hard to tell) EXPERTS say that the murders did not seem racially motivated.

The same EXPERTS would likely recommend sensitivity training, empathy training and volunteering in homeless shelters for klan murderers.

BigDave wrote:

If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

We had a situation here in Marion at a local Food City where as described sounded like an attempt at the knock out game.

3 youths, one recording with his cell phone, tried to knock out a fella. The one youth took a swing at the fella, missed, hit his cohort square on the point of the chin and knocked him out.

It's the Smyth County version of the knock out game.

I can't confirm that it actually happened but it's made the rounds of the local gossipers...though I haven't seen it on Topix yet.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

Major Kong wrote:We had a situation here in Marion at a local Food City where as described sounded like an attempt at the knock out game.

3 youths, one recording with his cell phone, tried to knock out a fella. The one youth took a swing at the fella, missed, hit his cohort square on the point of the chin and knocked him out.

It's the Smyth County version of the knock out game.

I can't confirm that it actually happened but it's made the rounds of the local gossipers...though I haven't seen it on Topix yet.
And Topix is the God's truth, so wait for their confirmation to report on UWS. :)
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

nolanvt wrote:And Topix is the God's truth, so wait for their confirmation to report on UWS. :)
+1 Just think how more informed and educated the world would be if Topix was the sole source of information. :P
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.