Michael Flynn

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Re: Michael Flynn

Post by HokieHam »

awesome guy wrote:
HooFighter wrote:Not just Flynn.
No kidding, that's common practice for an incoming administration.
I heard Trump told Vlad he could do more once he is re-elected in 2020.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

HokieHam wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Good thing nothing like happened or the straight shooter Hoof would have been all over it.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:The Political Assassination of Michael Flynn

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles ... hael-flynn
Yup, this was nothing more than a pure political witch hunt, with Obama hold overs doing everything they can legal and illegal to get the goods on anyone that is part of the Trump admin. Its disgusting partisanship that is designed to undermine the Presidency. Trump should have everyone of these Obama hold overs, or lifelong liberal bureaucrats fired.

=============================================

Former Obama Officials, Loyalists Waged Secret Campaign to Oust Flynn
BY: Adam Kredo
February 14, 2017 3:26 pm
Do you agree that Flynn lied to Pence?

That's why he resigned. Lying about a talk with Russia not only exposes him to blackmail, but it's also.... lying to a superior's right-hand man.
Explain the lies to me using quotes. I'm dense.
You haven't heard this? Read the Post, not the Free Beacon. Formally, he's stated he couldn't remember if he spoke about the sanctions or not.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos ... 9c0683e5a6

In a January television interview, Pence said that Flynn had told him the issue of sanctions did not come up in his conversations with the Russian ambassador.
President Trump had been aware for “weeks” that Flynn had misled Pence and other officials, but did not act until Monday night, forcing the national security adviser to resign, the White House said on Tuesday.
The White House Counsel's Office conducted a “review” of the legal issues and determined that “there was not a legal issue but rather a trust issue,” Spicer said. “The president was very concerned that General Flynn had misled the vice president and others. The president must have complete and unwavering trust of the person in that position.”

Also, from the Hill:

Flynn now admits he may have discussed sanctions with Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak in December, but cannot be 100 percent certain, the official added.

http://thehill.com/policy/national-secu ... nce-report

From WP, through NBC News:

The Washington Post first reported that nine current and former officials had seen intelligence reports asserting that he discussed sanctions with Ambassador Sergei Kislyak, despite his assertions to The Post, to Vice President Mike Pence and to Spicer that the subject didn't come up.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-h ... ns-n720191
That's what I thought, nothing. Saying we will look at it when we're in office isn't really discussing it. This is a petty attack unless there's more information I'm missing.
You pussies can suck a dick. You got your President and your congress. The excrement you **** up is on you and only you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

RiverguyVT wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:What am I missing? He discussed sanctions w Russia. Is that horrible, or is it "just" the lying about it to Pence that is worthy of flaying him over? I'm looking for the "Ah-hah! Gotcha!" but am missing it.

Is that on me?

He shouldn't have discussed sanctions with Russia, but there are lots of things people shouldn't do that are no big deal.
The fact that it was Russia, shows a lack of good judgment on Flynn's part.
When he lied to Pence, and others I'm sure, he took that bad judgment and lit it on fire. He should have known that his conversation would be recorded. He probably just thought it was unlikely it would ever be discovered. That's stupidity, or hubris. Then, when you combine the conversation and his lies about it, with the issues he's had in the past, it was time to go. He was a poor choice to start with...this is what you get when you hire people like that.
Most troubling is that he was recorded. Why would he assume it would be?
R u serious? Russian ambassador. Country that is adverse to US interests. 99.9999999% chance, and it should be.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
Yup, this was nothing more than a pure political witch hunt, with Obama hold overs doing everything they can legal and illegal to get the goods on anyone that is part of the Trump admin. Its disgusting partisanship that is designed to undermine the Presidency. Trump should have everyone of these Obama hold overs, or lifelong liberal bureaucrats fired.

=============================================

Former Obama Officials, Loyalists Waged Secret Campaign to Oust Flynn
BY: Adam Kredo
February 14, 2017 3:26 pm
Do you agree that Flynn lied to Pence?

That's why he resigned. Lying about a talk with Russia not only exposes him to blackmail, but it's also.... lying to a superior's right-hand man.[/quote]

Explain the lies to me using quotes. I'm dense.[/quote]
You haven't heard this? Read the Post, not the Free Beacon. Formally, he's stated he couldn't remember if he spoke about the sanctions or not.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos ... 9c0683e5a6

In a January television interview, Pence said that Flynn had told him the issue of sanctions did not come up in his conversations with the Russian ambassador.
President Trump had been aware for “weeks” that Flynn had misled Pence and other officials, but did not act until Monday night, forcing the national security adviser to resign, the White House said on Tuesday.
The White House Counsel's Office conducted a “review” of the legal issues and determined that “there was not a legal issue but rather a trust issue,” Spicer said. “The president was very concerned that General Flynn had misled the vice president and others. The president must have complete and unwavering trust of the person in that position.”

Also, from the Hill:

Flynn now admits he may have discussed sanctions with Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak in December, but cannot be 100 percent certain, the official added.

http://thehill.com/policy/national-secu ... nce-report

From WP, through NBC News:

The Washington Post first reported that nine current and former officials had seen intelligence reports asserting that he discussed sanctions with Ambassador Sergei Kislyak, despite his assertions to The Post, to Vice President Mike Pence and to Spicer that the subject didn't come up.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-h ... ns-n720191[/quote]

That's what I thought, nothing. Saying we will look at it when we're in office isn't really discussing it. This is a petty attack unless there's more information I'm missing.[/quote]

You pussies can suck a dick. You got your President and your congress. The excrement you **** up is on you and only you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]
Wow......let the hate flow! Ready to make a bet?
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Good thing nothing like happened or the straight shooter Hoof would have been all over it.
I'm not sure how many more BS CNN Golden shower stories Hoof has in him. I'm afraid he'll have to join the embarrassed liberal poster protection program and get a new handle at least.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote: You pussies can suck a dick. You got your President and your congress. The excrement you **** up is on you and only you.

There's some more of that Hillary voter shining through. You're supposed to sip the scotch, not butt chug it.

After you sober up, let's forget your drunken outburst and move on, deal?
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
Not only does the story say:
Despite the bombshell headline, the story includes several caveats. The Times reporters wrote that intelligence officials have found no evidence of cooperation between the Trump campaign and the Kremlin, and that “it is not clear whether the intercepted communications had anything to do with Mr. Trump’s campaign, or Mr. Trump himself.”
It's actually just a recycled story, so there's really nothing new there despite the left/media wetting their pants over it.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/02/14/journ ... z4YkpECYI5

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HokieFanDC wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:What am I missing? He discussed sanctions w Russia. Is that horrible, or is it "just" the lying about it to Pence that is worthy of flaying him over? I'm looking for the "Ah-hah! Gotcha!" but am missing it.

Is that on me?

He shouldn't have discussed sanctions with Russia, but there are lots of things people shouldn't do that are no big deal.
When he lied to Pence, and others I'm sure, he took that bad judgment and lit it on fire. He should have known that his conversation would be recorded. He probably just thought it was unlikely it would ever be discovered. That's stupidity, or hubris. Then, when you combine the conversation and his lies about it, with the issues he's had in the past, it was time to go. He was a poor choice to start with...this is what you get when you hire people like that.
R u serious? Russian ambassador. Country that is adverse to US interests. 99.9999999% chance, and it should be.
Totally serious. So, "because"?
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
Totally serious. So, "because"?
Devin Nunes explains this:
“Any intelligence agency cannot listen to Americans’ phone calls,” Nunes told reporters Tuesday night. “If there’s inadvertent collection that you know is overseas there’s a whole process in place for that.”

He explained, “It’s pretty clear that’s not the case, so then they could have been listening to someone else and inadvertently picked up an American. If that happens, there’s a whole process in place to where they have to immediately get rid of the information unless it’s like high level national security issue and then someone would have to unmask the name — someone at the highest levels.”

“So in this case it would be General Flynn and then how did that happen. Then if they did that, then how does all that get out to the public which is another leak of classified information,” Nunes added. “I’m pretty sure the FBI didn’t have a warrant on Michael Flynn.”
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/02/14/gop-i ... z4Ykv4XHfm

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:

Is that on me?

Do you recall Obama going to Russia before the inauguration?
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
It's actually just a recycled story, so there's really nothing new there despite the left/media wetting their pants over it.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/02/14/journ ... z4YkpECYI5
Ha...I had the same thought driving in this morning. They just took their old Manafort story, blew the dust off it, threw on a fresh coat of paint and tossed it out.

The irony here is that as much as the media is bitching about Russia right now, they're playing into their hands. As I said during the election, Russia isn't trying to pick candidates per se, they're trying to destabilize/disrupt US politics so they can run rampant while the current administration is putting out fires.

By rehashing this tired crap they're aiding and abetting the United States' greatest geopolitical foe.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Trump has some choice tweets this morning.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

yea, gma had an orgasm about that one this morning, one little line in their 15 minute diatribe about the HUGE danger was that the fbi is saying nothing discussed was not allowed or bad stuff, just normal conversations.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

such anger, you need a colon blow dude
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Dude. Deep breaths. It got me through the last 8 years.
We had a choice between weird and evil, and chose weird.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:You pussies can suck a dick. You got your President and your congress. The excrement you **** up is on you and only you.

If IP gets himself in this much of a tizzy from watching the Hokies play, witnessing Obama's legacy being dismantled is going to be bad for his health.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:You pussies can suck a dick. You got your President and your congress. The excrement you **** up is on you and only you.

If IP gets himself in this much of a tizzy from watching the Hokies play, witnessing Obama's legacy being dismantled is going to be bad for his health.
I give Trump a year before he is impeached or quits. He lacks the discipline for this job, but you know that already.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

I give Trump a year before he is impeached or quits. He lacks the discipline for this job, but you know that already.
The fact that we're hearing the same regurgitations that were said during Reagan's first year in office gives me great hope for the next 8 years.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

The fact that we're hearing the same regurgitations that were said during Reagan's first year in office gives me great hope for the next 8 years.
Got it old man. I was 4.

BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

133743Hokie wrote:Gathered by NSA and provided to Obama people in the agency, not FBI. They aren't allowed to work domestically. For the NSA to record conversations of citizens they need a FISA court order which would have been filed by obama administration. Heads need to roll.
Were they recording Flynn's conversation or were they recording the Ruskies? If they were recording the Ruskies and happened to hear Flynn, that's normal spy work. If they were recording Flynn, that's an abuse of power and heads should roll.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

BigDave wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:Gathered by NSA and provided to Obama people in the agency, not FBI. They aren't allowed to work domestically. For the NSA to record conversations of citizens they need a FISA court order which would have been filed by obama administration. Heads need to roll.
Were they recording Flynn's conversation or were they recording the Ruskies? If they were recording the Ruskies and happened to hear Flynn, that's normal spy work. If they were recording Flynn, that's an abuse of power and heads should roll.

Nope, they need a warrant to spy on a citizen so they're in trouble either way. Sessions will handle them.
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

awesome guy wrote:
BigDave wrote:

Nope, they need a warrant to spy on a citizen so they're in trouble either way. Sessions will handle them.
If they are (legally) recording the phone calls of party A and party B makes a phone call to party A, they're going to hear that call, even though they have no warrant for party B, right? Isn't that the whole point?
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

BigDave wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
BigDave wrote:

If they are (legally) recording the phone calls of party A and party B makes a phone call to party A, they're going to hear that call, even though they have no warrant for party B, right? Isn't that the whole point?
Right, they're not supposed to transcribe or identify the party without a warrant. There's no legal path for the FBI or CIA to do what they did.