Michael Flynn

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
HooFighter
Party: all the time

Re: Michael Flynn

Post by HooFighter »

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
HooFighter

Post by HooFighter »

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

Why such a fair weather liberal, Hoof?

Are you guys so vanquished on all policy discussions that you're afraid to even engage in them and only show up to link tweets when Democrats resign from the Trump administration?
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

HooFighter wrote:
You only care about integrity as a political weapon while simultaneously supporting the biggest liar to ever run for the presidency. Your hatred has made you stupid.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
HooFighter

Post by HooFighter »

USN_Hokie wrote:Why such a fair weather liberal, Hoof?

Are you guys so vanquished on all policy discussions that you're afraid to even engage in them and only show up to link tweets when Democrats resign from the Trump administration?
I'm glad you missed me - I've been kind of busy.

I'll be back soon. Hugs.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HooFighter wrote:

I'll be back soon. Hugs.
Uh huh. You're mysteriously free when you think you got one on a Republican. That's okay, it just reinforces your reputation, invites disrespect as you have it.
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:Must have been nothing after all. You're totally right, USN.
All my comments still stand.

Congratulations, you got your scalp. He chose to resign.
Mike Pence got his scalp IMO. I think the VP had to show he had some balls and he did. The liberal media may be pushing this story but Flynn lied to the VPOTUS, the liberals didn't get their scalp, Pence did. Probably an important move for the administration.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

BG Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Mike Pence got his scalp IMO. I think the VP had to show he had some balls and he did. The liberal media may be pushing this story but Flynn lied to the VPOTUS, the liberals didn't get their scalp, Pence did. Probably an important move for the administration.
Also an important move for the Agency. Flynn has been a big critic of them. They didn't like him. Didn't like the influence he was going to have on the NSC, particularly Trumps ear. So they got him - they bugged him/taped him, leaked it, and let his hubris do the rest.

I don't think this was a power play by Pence. Rather he was the tool used by the Agency to accomplish their goal. I'm sure in their mind the ends justify the means, but we need to be cautious of their interfering in domestic areas. They know no bounds.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HooFighter wrote:

I'll be back soon. Hugs.
Funny, you've gotten a lot more busy since Hillary's most recent failed election bid. Is your profession shutting down corrupt pay for play schemes disguised as charities? :mrgreen:
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Also an important move for the Agency. Flynn has been a big critic of them. They didn't like him. Didn't like the influence he was going to have on the NSC, particularly Trumps ear. So they got him - they bugged him/taped him, leaked it, and let his hubris do the rest.

I don't think this was a power play by Pence. Rather he was the tool used by the Agency to accomplish their goal. I'm sure in their mind the ends justify the means, but we need to be cautious of their interfering in domestic areas. They know no bounds.
That's about where I come down on this too.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ElbertoHokie wrote:The story keeps changing.

You can blame the fake news but the Trump administrations rhetoric about it has also backtracked significantly from their repeated denials he ever discussed sanctions with the Russian ambassador before Trump took office.
Thus why he resigned, he lied to his superiors and he no longer is employed as such, kind of how the world works. It is freaking hilarious watching the MSM salivate thinking the whole admin is in turmoil and the scary russians will now be able to take over the USA. RUNNNNN
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

133743Hokie wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Yep. This was Intel's middle finger to Trump. Trump needs to cull their ranks some to show that goes both ways.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:The story keeps changing.

You can blame the fake news but the Trump administrations rhetoric about it has also backtracked significantly from their repeated denials he ever discussed sanctions with the Russian ambassador before Trump took office.
Thus why he resigned, he lied to his superiors and he no longer is employed as such, kind of how the world works. It is freaking hilarious watching the MSM salivate thinking the whole admin is in turmoil and the scary russians will now be able to take over the USA. RUNNNNN
Yes, tons of reporting about the scary Russians taking over the USA, lots of them.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Lol, NYT publishing tweets from fake/parody accounts...
ElbertoHokie
Party: Independent

Post by ElbertoHokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

When it hits the Fox News headline you know republican insiders are telling them that the story has legs.
You have an unhealthy fascination with Fox News.
Only as equally unhealthy as your constant denigration of MSM. I also chuckled at your calling out of how the media got the information. All I heard from you guys as Russia/Wikileaks was leaking Hilary's emails that while how they were obtained may be illegal, this is information that we SHOULD all know. Just like the Flynn phone calls being wire tapped and knowing that he talks with the Russian ambassador in Washington frequently as well as paid for trips to Russia.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ElbertoHokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

When it hits the Fox News headline you know republican insiders are telling them that the story has legs.
Only as equally unhealthy as your constant denigration of MSM. I also chuckled at your calling out of how the media got the information. All I heard from you guys as Russia/Wikileaks was leaking Hilary's emails that while how they were obtained may be illegal, this is information that we SHOULD all know. Just like the Flynn phone calls being wire tapped and knowing that he talks with the Russian ambassador in Washington frequently as well as paid for trips to Russia.

Flynn's conversation are normal transition work, this was a big nothing. Hillary's emails weren't leaked, you're confusing them with Podesta and the DNC leaks. That's an important distinction because Democrat politics and systems are just Democrat systems, not national or official US business. Hillary's official and deleted emails were never leaked.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Flynn's conversation are normal transition work, this was a big nothing. Hillary's emails weren't leaked, you're confusing them with Podesta and the DNC leaks. That's an important distinction because Democrat politics and systems are just Democrat systems, not national or official US business. Hillary's official and deleted emails were never leaked.
So we got you and USN down as this being no big deal. Got it!

You guys have a lot of credibility in analyzing the Trump administration for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote: All my comments still stand.

You guys have a lot of credibility in analyzing the Trump administration for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, we do. Trump was a fluke that didn't really want the job, was going to quit, was going to get his clock cleaned by Clinton, was going to destroy the Republicans in Congress too, and a plethora of other silly prophecies from you losers that were laughably off. Yep, we got it right unlike you.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Only as equally unhealthy as your constant denigration of MSM. I also chuckled at your calling out of how the media got the information. All I heard from you guys as Russia/Wikileaks was leaking Hilary's emails that while how they were obtained may be illegal, this is information that we SHOULD all know. Just like the Flynn phone calls being wire tapped and knowing that he talks with the Russian ambassador in Washington frequently as well as paid for trips to Russia.[/quote]

Flynn's conversation are normal transition work, this was a big nothing. Hillary's emails weren't leaked, you're confusing them with Podesta and the DNC leaks. That's an important distinction because Democrat politics and systems are just Democrat systems, not national or official US business. Hillary's official and deleted emails were never leaked.[/quote]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]
Yep, we do. Trump was a fluke that didn't really want the job, was going to quit, was going to get his clock cleaned by Clinton, was going to destroy the Republicans in Congress too, and a plethora of other silly prophecies from you losers that were laughably off. Yep, we got it right unlike you.[/quote]

You guys won, and I've paid my debts. But the election is over.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Flynn's conversation are normal transition work, this was a big nothing.
I thought so too but it's interesting that he lied and then resigned. Was the lie truly an accident or did he think he did something wrong he didn't want to relay to the administration?
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

133743Hokie wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

They didn't "bug him". That implies that they were out to get him. His conversation was recorded in the normal course of business.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

BG Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote: All my comments still stand.

Flynn's conversation are normal transition work, this was a big nothing.
I thought so too but it's interesting that he lied and then resigned. Was the lie truly an accident or did he think he did something wrong he didn't want to relay to the administration?
His "lie" was an omission that did burn the VP. I think he fell on his sword to avoid further embarrassment, plus the intelligence agencies were working to undermine him and that thread has merit too.
ElbertoHokie

Post by ElbertoHokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

You're right it was podesta's emails.
ElbertoHokie

Post by ElbertoHokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

They didn't "bug him". That implies that they were out to get him. His conversation was recorded in the normal course of business.
And anyone that makes a phone call to the Russian embassy in Washington should assume that they're being recorded by the USA. That's normal business as I'm positive Russian spy agencies do the exact same for the USA embassy in Moscow. To think anything else is just ignorant.
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

"The conversation would have taken place before Trump took office, and it’s illegal for private citizens to engage in diplomatic talks." - HuffPo article

When libs say it's illegal is the only thing they have the Logan Act from 1799 or is there something else potentially at play?