Question for CPAs.

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
oaktonhokie

Question for CPAs.

Post by oaktonhokie »

What are the income or inheritance tax implications of a CD that is POD (payable on death)?

If someone "inherits" a pod account at $100,000 is it taxed at all, is it taxed as part of the estate and the inheritance tax or is it taxed as income?

Thanx in advance.

EDIT: I have an answer. No need to reply.
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Re: Question for CPAs.

Post by ip_law-hokie »

oaktonhokie wrote:What are the income or inheritance tax implications of a CD that is POD (payable on death)?

If someone "inherits" a pod account at $100,000 is it taxed at all, is it taxed as part of the estate and the inheritance tax or is it taxed as income?

Thanx in advance.

so what's the answer?
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

Money from a pod is subject to inheritance / estate tax which does not kick in until $5.25 million is in the estate.

It is not considered income. Don't tell our marxxist president....

ip_law-hokie wrote:
oaktonhokie wrote:What are the income or inheritance tax implications of a CD that is POD (payable on death)?

Thanx in advance.

so what's the answer?
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

sounds like it is treated like a life insurance payout.
oaktonhokie wrote:Money from a pod is subject to inheritance / estate tax which does not kick in until $5.25 million is in the estate.

It is not considered income. Don't tell our marxxist president....

ip_law-hokie wrote:

Thanx in advance.

so what's the answer?
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.