When gov school administrators meet the war on christmas.

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
oaktonhokie

When gov school administrators meet the war on christmas.

Post by oaktonhokie »

Lunacy ensues.

They have banned the wearing of certain COLORS at the "winter party."

Government schools. Run by morons, turning the nation into morons.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/12/ ... latestnews
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Re: When gov school administrators meet the war on christmas

Post by nolanvt »

oaktonhokie wrote:Lunacy ensues.

They have banned the wearing of certain COLORS at the "winter party."

Government schools. Run by morons, turning the nation into morons.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/12/ ... latestnews
Overzealous school administrators. That's weird.
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
nc87

Post by nc87 »

Why are you so scared of people celebrating holidays with religious extremism being absent? What scares you so much about christmas without religion? Why do you feel it necessary to shove your idea of christmas down everyones throat? Why are you anti-American (separation of church and state)?
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

nc87 wrote:Why are you so scared of people celebrating holidays with religious extremism being absent? What scares you so much about christmas without religion? Why do you feel it necessary to shove your idea of christmas down everyones throat? Why are you anti-American (separation of church and state)?
Wearing a red or green shirt is not religious extremism.
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

Religious extremism?

Christmas without religion, um, isn't Christmas.

Are you offended by the Muslims celebrating the ramada inn?

For you and the tolerant left, why can't you leave people of faith alone? Why must your militant atheism determine what and how people celebrate things that are important?

Why can't you ignore us?

Are you offended when someone wishes you a merry Christmas?

nc87 wrote:Why are you so scared of people celebrating holidays with religious extremism being absent? What scares you so much about christmas without religion? Why do you feel it necessary to shove your idea of christmas down everyones throat? Why are you anti-American (separation of church and state)?
nc87

Post by nc87 »

nolanvt wrote:
Correct. And if religious extremism were not a problem, they wouldn't have to keep coming up with ridiculous rules like not being allowed to wear red or green around christmas. I don't think oakton and many others realize screaming about a "war against christmas" only makes the average person who does not see a "war" (probably because there isnt one...) more scared of the religious extremism that is on the rise here in the US
nc87

Post by nc87 »

oaktonhokie wrote:Religious extremism?

For you and the tolerant left, why can't you leave people of faith alone? Why must your militant atheism determine what and how people celebrate things that are important?

Why can't you ignore us?

Probably can't ignore you because you make a blatant attempt to shove it down our throats and not be ignored. And for the same reason you would never in a million years ignore a "muzzie" who was getting away with the same kind of crap you want to do. Extremism is not cool.... you think you're helping put christ back in christmas but in reality you're turning people away from religion all together
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

I can ignore the Muslims. Why can't you ignore Christians?

If they or anyone, is belligerent, blocking a walkway or street, or in your face, that's not ok.

I'm not aware of a lot of militant Christians or jews forcing themselves on others.
I am aware of a lot of militant atheists forcing their views on others.

nc87 wrote:
oaktonhokie wrote:Religious extremism?

Why can't you ignore us?

Probably can't ignore you because you make a blatant attempt to shove it down our throats and not be ignored. And for the same reason you would never in a million years ignore a "muzzie" who was getting away with the same kind of crap you want to do. Extremism is not cool.... you think you're helping put christ back in christmas but in reality you're turning people away from religion all together
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

oaktonhokie wrote:Are you offended by the Muslims celebrating the ramada inn?
Why would anyone celebrate the Ramada Inn? I stayed at the Ramada Inn in Blacksburg one time for a game (it's something else now - Day's Inn maybe?). It was the most horrible place I have ever stayed - never again will I stay there (or any of the low-end places).
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
nc87

Post by nc87 »

oaktonhokie wrote:I can ignore the Muslims.
Then why dont you?
BigDave

Post by BigDave »

nc87 wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
Correct. And if religious extremism were not a problem, they wouldn't have to keep coming up with ridiculous rules like not being allowed to wear red or green around christmas. I don't think oakton and many others realize screaming about a "war against christmas" only makes the average person who does not see a "war" (probably because there isnt one...) more scared of the religious extremism that is on the rise here in the US
What exactly do you think religious extremism is?

Most (sane) people think it involves some sort of violent act.

Wikipedia (a far-left website), in their article on "extremism", says that extremism is any ideology "considered to be far outside the mainstream attitudes of a society". Is that your definition? If so, then what is the problem with extremists unless they harm other people?

For every violent right-wing extremist, you can name (at least) ten violent left-wing extremists. But the "extremists" you have a problem with are the ones who want to peacefully express their religion.
nc87

Post by nc87 »

BigDave wrote:
nc87 wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

Wikipedia (a far-left website), in their article on "extremism", says that extremism is any ideology "considered to be far outside the mainstream attitudes of a society". Is that your definition? If so, then what is the problem with extremists unless they harm other people?

For every violent right-wing extremist, you can name (at least) ten violent left-wing extremists. But the "extremists" you have a problem with are the ones who want to peacefully express their religion.
Do you think schools should be allowed to celebrate and teach about national day of reason (atheist "holiday)? No? So you favor a "war against" national day of reason? Why do you have a problem with people who want to peacefully express their (lack of) religion?
BigDave

Post by BigDave »

nc87 wrote:Do you think schools should be allowed to celebrate and teach about national day of reason (atheist "holiday)? No? So you favor a "war against" national day of reason? Why do you have a problem with people who want to peacefully express their (lack of) religion?
Is this national day of reason celebrated by a large majority of the population of the country? The reason most public schools in the US tailor their holiday schedule to Christian holidays is that Christian holidays align with the needs of most of the families they serve. (Their parents take time off at Christmas, more people are interested in coming to see a Christmas play or Christmas concert than in seeing a reason play or reason concert.) If you have a school in a majority Jewish area or majority Muslim area, then it wouldn't be unreasonable for them to have a Hanukkah concert or Ramadan concert.

But that's not the question I asked. You said that you were scared of the rise of "religious extremism" in the US and that "if religious extremism were not a problem, they wouldn't have to keep coming up with ridiculous rules like not being allowed to wear red or green around christmas". What do you consider "religious extremism" to be and, specifically, what is it that you see that scares an otherwise reasonable person enough to ban children from wearing red and green?
nc87

Post by nc87 »

BigDave wrote: But that's not the question I asked. You said that you were scared of the rise of "religious extremism" in the US and that "if religious extremism were not a problem, they wouldn't have to keep coming up with ridiculous rules like not being allowed to wear red or green around christmas". What do you consider "religious extremism" to be and, specifically, what is it that you see that scares an otherwise reasonable person enough to ban children from wearing red and green?
Religious extremism = trying to shove your religion down others throats. Obviously taking violent action in the name of religion qualifies, too.

I don't know what would make a reasonable person ban children from wearing red and green. No explanation or justification, IMO. I also don't know why a reasonable person would care about other people having a different idea of the way christmas or winter holidays should be celebrated.... nor do i understand how a reasonable person could convince themselves to believe the bible is accurate and jesus died for our sins only to come back to life days later (not much of a sacrifice if you can come right back to life, though). There is nothing reasonable about religion, thats why we'd be best off as a society if it didn't exist
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

Your (typically) ridiculous hypothetical about a day of reason is not a celebration of a position, it is to mock others' beliefs.

Shame.

And you have virtually every day of the year to "celebrate" your disdain for people of faith, but that is not enough for the hip, the cool, the sophisticated and the tolerant. You must deprive people of faith of the most meaningful day(s) of the year.

Live and let live?

No. Live like I say, and let live.

Pitiful.

nc87 wrote:
BigDave wrote:
nc87 wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

Do you think schools should be allowed to celebrate and teach about national day of reason (atheist "holiday)? No? So you favor a "war against" national day of reason? Why do you have a problem with people who want to peacefully express their (lack of) religion?
nc87

Post by nc87 »

oaktonhokie wrote:mock others' beliefs.

Shame.

You must deprive people of faith of the most meaningful day(s) of the year.

Live and let live?

No. Live like I say, and let live.

Pitiful.

You're talking about the way you treat muslims, right?