Obamacare repeal/replace bill posted (link)

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
133743Hokie

Re: Obamacare repeal/replace bill posted (link)

Post by 133743Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
When are we getting the beautiful plan? Does Trump need to go down to Capitol Hill himself and get this done?

Checking in here. I thought Ryancare was Ryancare, but now Trump is pressuring Republicans to vote for Ryancare? Isn't Ryancare now Trumpcare? And isn't Trumpcare beautiful?

Looking forward to the health care savings. Things are going to be great.
You can keep your plan, you can keep your doctor, you will get $2,500/ year in savings........ your great leader
I voted for Gary Johnson, but you are stuck in the past. This is Trump's administration with a GOP controlled congress. It's Trumpcare now. Obamacare is irrelevant once trump gets trumpcare passed. You can't blame Obama anymore. Trump owns this. No excuses.
It's such a cluster that it is hard to unwind. To really repeal and replace, as should be done, would likely cause some short term pain to a few million freeloaders that got in on Obamacare. For a long term, correct solution this shouldn't matter but with the liberal media and the alt-left rebellion it would be a shitstorm.
I'm confused. You have majorities in both houses of congress and a GOP president. What else do you guys need?
Internal agreement. Unlike the democrats who put party above all else, the republicans have differing views on what this should be. They put substance over party.

I actually think this is a good thing. It forces them all to think thru what should and shouldn't be in the bill instead of just giving a knee jerk "yes" like the democrats did. The current bill is a mess, and certain parts of it have been around long enough that they have become important for a small segment of the population. How to work around them, or reasonably eliminate them, will take some tact.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Checking in here. I thought Ryancare was Ryancare, but now Trump is pressuring Republicans to vote for Ryancare? Isn't Ryancare now Trumpcare? And isn't Trumpcare beautiful?

You can keep your plan, you can keep your doctor, you will get $2,500/ year in savings........ your great leader
I voted for Gary Johnson, but you are stuck in the past. This is Trump's administration with a GOP controlled congress. It's Trumpcare now. Obamacare is irrelevant once trump gets trumpcare passed. You can't blame Obama anymore. Trump owns this. No excuses.
It's such a cluster that it is hard to unwind. To really repeal and replace, as should be done, would likely cause some short term pain to a few million freeloaders that got in on Obamacare. For a long term, correct solution this shouldn't matter but with the liberal media and the alt-left rebellion it would be a shitstorm.
I'm confused. You have majorities in both houses of congress and a GOP president. What else do you guys need?
Internal agreement. Unlike the democrats who put party above all else, the republicans have differing views on what this should be. They put substance over party.

I actually think this is a good thing. It forces them all to think thru what should and shouldn't be in the bill instead of just giving a knee jerk "yes" like the democrats did. The current bill is a mess, and certain parts of it have been around long enough that they have become important for a small segment of the population. How to work around them, or reasonably eliminate them, will take some tact.
Got it. When should we expect Trumpcare savings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

Don't know since we don't have all the details. I'll keep you posted. Meanwhile just keep on being a Dick.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

133743Hokie wrote:Don't know since we don't have all the details. I'll keep you posted. Meanwhile just keep on being a Dick.
Hell, I'm gonna keep blaming Oblahblahcare for at least the next.....oh, 6-7 years....
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

Are we pretending this bill is anything other than Diet Obamacare?
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:It's funny to watch the lefty's on here acting like 0fuknutzcare actuallly did anything but totally fail......like the majority of their policies.

Now, the Pubs plan is almost just as dumb. I hope Rand Paul and others shoot it down. It just goes to show the leadership and majority of Pubs are just Dumbs lite.......
When are we getting the beautiful plan? Does Trump need to go down to Capitol Hill himself and get this done?

I think you mean Rinocare. I don't care whose idea it is. Bad is bad.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

nolanvt wrote:Are we pretending this bill is anything other than Diet Obamacare?

No
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:Are we pretending this bill is anything other than Diet Obamacare?
Like I said earlier, the democrats and supreme court were able to fight off those that wanted to undo Obamacare for years, thus making it part of our fabric, warts and all. This was the idea all along. Step one as it were, getting addicted to government sponsored health insurance, on the way to a single payer national health insurance program. As such it is even harder now to undo it than it was two years ago. In fact it can't be completely undone. We can't go back to five years ago unfortunately. The democrats have seen to that.

IMO the republicans should completely repeal it and let the country go back to where it was five years ago. Then, after that respite they should take up developing a workable plan.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

133743Hokie wrote:
Like I said earlier, the democrats and supreme court were able to fight off those that wanted to undo Obamacare for years, thus making it part of our fabric, warts and all. This was the idea all along. Step one as it were, getting addicted to government sponsored health insurance, on the way to a single payer national health insurance program. As such it is even harder now to undo it than it was two years ago. In fact it can't be completely undone. We can't go back to five years ago unfortunately. The democrats have seen to that.

IMO the republicans should completely repeal it and let the country go back to where it was five years ago. Then, after that respite they should take up developing a workable plan.
Agreed. I tend to side with Rand Paul on this. Vote to repeal, but also implement market-oriented solutions. I don't support this bill.

cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

hecking in here. I thought Ryancare was Ryancare, but now Trump is pressuring Republicans to vote for Ryancare? Isn't Ryancare now Trumpcare? And isn't Trumpcare beautiful?

Looking forward to the health care savings. Things are going to be great.[/quote]

You can keep your plan, you can keep your doctor, you will get $2,500/ year in savings........ your great leader[/quote]

I voted for Gary Johnson, but you are stuck in the past. This is Trump's administration with a GOP controlled congress. It's Trumpcare now. Obamacare is irrelevant once trump gets trumpcare passed. You can't blame Obama anymore. Trump owns this. No excuses.[/quote]
It's such a cluster that it is hard to unwind. To really repeal and replace, as should be done, would likely cause some short term pain to a few million freeloaders that got in on Obamacare. For a long term, correct solution this shouldn't matter but with the liberal media and the alt-left rebellion it would be a shitstorm.[/quote]

I'm confused. You have majorities in both houses of congress and a GOP president. What else do you guys need?[/quote]

I actually think this is a good thing. It forces them all to think thru what should and shouldn't be in the bill instead of just giving a knee jerk "yes" like the democrats did. The current bill is a mess, and certain parts of it have been around long enough that they have become important for a small segment of the population. How to work around them, or reasonably eliminate them, will take some tact.[/quote]

Got it. When should we expect Trumpcare savings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

we are all still waiting for the obamacare savings, have ya noticed the premium increases?
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

133743Hokie wrote:

Yup. This is essentially what Rand Paul wants to do.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HokieHam wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

sounds good to me. all roads lead to single payer in any event.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HokieHam wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

so you want really bad health care, your ideas are awesome. Lets keep a set of regulations that has been a complete failure to accomplish even one piece of what it was supposed to accomplish and lets go the national health care route, might want to talk to some UK folks or Canadian for that matter. I wonder why the Canadians come here for needed healthcare??
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

Nope
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

so you want really bad health care, your ideas are awesome. Lets keep a set of regulations that has been a complete failure to accomplish even one piece of what it was supposed to accomplish and lets go the national health care route, might want to talk to some UK folks or Canadian for that matter. I wonder why the Canadians come here for needed healthcare??
You have at least 4 years to try it your way. Get busy.

nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

The vote's going to be postponed because they don't have the votes to pass it. Small victory, I suppose.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

nolanvt wrote:The vote's going to be postponed because they don't have the votes to pass it. Small victory, I suppose.
We need to get Trump more involved with this.

Mcl3 Hokie

Post by Mcl3 Hokie »

Well, I'm still waiting for my $2500 from Obamacare. I guess I'll get the BCA ticket refund first.

What's the old joke...Obama promised a $2500 premium reduction with Obamacare. He's only $6500 away from hitting his goal.
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

You have at least 4 years to try it your way. Get busy.

HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

nolanvt wrote:The vote's going to be postponed because they don't have the votes to pass it. Small victory, I suppose.
Well, the Pubs could take the Sociali........I mean Democrat way and just force it down everyone's throats without knowing what is in it.

Well, at least they aren't doing that and are actually debating what to do.

nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

HokieHam wrote:
Well, the Pubs could take the Sociali........I mean Democrat way and just force it down everyone's throats without knowing what is in it.

Agreed. It's a shitty bill and needs a complete overhaul.
HooFighter
Party: all the time

Post by HooFighter »

Meanwhile, President Trump gets to sit in the drivers seat like a big boy.

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

HokieHam wrote:

In fairness, the dems did debate it (amongst themselves). Of course, dem leadership and Odumbo lied to cajole votes from vulnerable dems who didn't like some provisions.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

HooFighter wrote:Meanwhile, President Trump gets to sit in the drivers seat like a big boy.
Oh look! Squirrel!

Let's go back and find all the photo ops by Ofuknutz while something was going on........I'm sure there's plenty.

ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HokieHam wrote:

Got it.

Trump team ultimatum: No more talks, time to vote - CNN
https://apple.news/A_Oaw2PhlTomIrCREbMcbGA