Trump transition members were under surveillance

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Re: Trump transition members were under surveillance

Post by USN_Hokie »

HooFighter wrote:I believe USN was the originator of this one. Just the idea of getting your hopes up and then having it come crashing down.
Must be nice living in your world. All of Obama's senior staff are lawyering up right now to be sure. Unmasking American citizens for political purposes, compiling it for reasons unrelated to the capture of the information, then reducing the classification and spreading it all over with the intention of impugning the character of the incoming administration.
HooFighter
Party: all the time

Post by HooFighter »

USN_Hokie wrote:Must be nice living in your world.
Or yours, where the blogger who invented Pizzagate is your primary source of information.

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:Wow...just,wow. :shock:
Former President Barack Obama’s national security adviser Susan Rice ordered U.S. spy agencies to produce “detailed spreadsheets” of legal phone calls involving Donald Trump and his aides when he was running for president, according to former U.S. Attorney Joseph diGenova.

“What was produced by the intelligence community at the request of Ms. Rice were detailed spreadsheets of intercepted phone calls with unmasked Trump associates in perfectly legal conversations with individuals,” diGenova told The Daily Caller News Foundation Investigative Group Monday.

“The overheard conversations involved no illegal activity by anybody of the Trump associates, or anyone they were speaking with,” diGenova said. “In short, the only apparent illegal activity was the unmasking of the people in the calls.”

http://dailycaller.com/2017/04/03/susan ... z4dHytPiCn
Hoof, Fatroll, and TrollingVT are about to have a bad week. DC too as his snarkiness on this has brought the required smackdown from the universe.
My snarkiness needs no smackdown. This is consistent with what I've been saying all along, which is that the collection of the data on the conversations is legal, but that the unmasking and dissemination is a problem that could be a big deal.

I've been saying that for weeks, and while my boy Nunes was a little late to the party, he finally got on board.
That's not what's happened. Playing to the middle has made you half wrong and Trump all right. You said he was lying when he tweeted and he's right.

I'll concede that it is possible that in Trump's mind, he may have equated umasking and disseminating this info to Obama having his phones tapped, but that doesn't mean he was right. What he said is still not what actually happened. No worries, I never expect you to admit something Trump said was wrong. You still think 3 million illegal aliens voted for Hillary.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Former President Barack Obama’s national security adviser Susan Rice ordered U.S. spy agencies to produce “detailed spreadsheets” of legal phone calls involving Donald Trump and his aides when he was running for president, according to former U.S. Attorney Joseph diGenova.

“What was produced by the intelligence community at the request of Ms. Rice were detailed spreadsheets of intercepted phone calls with unmasked Trump associates in perfectly legal conversations with individuals,” diGenova told The Daily Caller News Foundation Investigative Group Monday.

“The overheard conversations involved no illegal activity by anybody of the Trump associates, or anyone they were speaking with,” diGenova said. “In short, the only apparent illegal activity was the unmasking of the people in the calls.”

Hoof, Fatroll, and TrollingVT are about to have a bad week. DC too as his snarkiness on this has brought the required smackdown from the universe.
My snarkiness needs no smackdown. This is consistent with what I've been saying all along, which is that the collection of the data on the conversations is legal, but that the unmasking and dissemination is a problem that could be a big deal.

I've been saying that for weeks, and while my boy Nunes was a little late to the party, he finally got on board.
That's not what's happened. Playing to the middle has made you half wrong and Trump all right. You said he was lying when he tweeted and he's right.

I'll concede that it is possible that in Trump's mind, he may have equated umasking and disseminating this info to Obama having his phones tapped, but that doesn't mean he was right. What he said is still not what actually happened. No worries, I never expect you to admit something Trump said was wrong. You still think 3 million illegal aliens voted for Hillary.
Keep digging. He said his home was wiretapped. That's what happened.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
HooFighter
Party: all the time

Post by HooFighter »

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

This is no big deal. Just another Obama scandal, which, on its face, is bigger than Watergate and which the MoT will diligently cover up with white noise. How many of these have there been? Dozens?
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HooFighter wrote:Image
This is great, like watching the birth of a new form of 9/11 truther.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

Good job.
Baaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

Good job.
Baaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!
Hilarious.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

HooFighter wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:Must be nice living in your world.
Or yours, where the blogger who invented Pizzagate is your primary source of information.
LOL. I'm not sure you will survive Donald for 8 years. You might still get to see that glass ceiling broken when Ivanka runs in 2024, lol. Maybe she can buy some of Hillary's unused glass ceiling confetti. :lol:
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Susan Rice made a statement that essentially says, "Yes, but..."

She did it....but...not for political ends. LOL. :lol:
Salute the Marines
VisorBoy

Post by VisorBoy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HooFighter wrote:I believe USN was the originator of this one. Just the idea of getting your hopes up and then having it come crashing down.
Must be nice living in your world. All of Obama's senior staff are lawyering up right now to be sure. Unmasking American citizens for political purposes, compiling it for reasons unrelated to the capture of the information, then reducing the classification and spreading it all over with the intention of impugning the character of the incoming administration.
The bolded parts are speculative.
Do justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
VisorBoy

Post by VisorBoy »

RiverguyVT wrote:Susan Rice made a statement that essentially says, "Yes, but..."

That's the whole point. Unmasking isn't illegal by default.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

VisorBoy wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:Susan Rice made a statement that essentially says, "Yes, but..."

2 weeks ago she said it wasn't her that unmasked. Now she did. 2 weeks ago, she hadn't heard of this. 2 weeks ago, she herself said it would have been illegal.

And yes, it is illegal
And yes, it was 1000% political.
Salute the Marines
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

VisorBoy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
The bolded parts are speculative.
FTFY
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

Just drop this HFDC. It's making you look silly. They surveilled Trump for political purposes. That's the bottom line. They can hide behind sophistry, but anyone with a brain knows it's lawyer bullshit.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

RiverguyVT wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:

She did it....but...not for political ends. LOL. [emoji38]
2 weeks ago she said it wasn't her that unmasked. Now she did. 2 weeks ago, she hadn't heard of this. 2 weeks ago, she herself said it would have been illegal.

And yes, it is illegal
Yep. She had no reason to even know if Trump was caught in incidental data collection. That's why she went the other way and umasked what they had already collected on Trump. She was on a fishing expedition.
VisorBoy

Post by VisorBoy »

RiverguyVT wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:

And yes, it is illegal
It's not illegal. That's easily provable.

Whether it was political is speculation. I'm not saying you're wrong on that (or right). That should be the focus of the investigation. It's difficult to prove intent, though, so I don't think this will amount to much.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

VisorBoy wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:

And yes, it is illegal

Whether it was political is speculation. I'm not saying you're wrong on that (or right). That should be the focus of the investigation. It's difficult to prove intent, though, so I don't think this will amount to much.
She had no reason to even know there was something to unmask in the first place. Total illegal fishing expedition.
VisorBoy

Post by VisorBoy »

awesome guy wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:

And yes, it is illegal

She had no reason to even know there was something to unmask in the first place. Total illegal fishing expedition.
Just because you or I don't know the reason doesn't prove it was illegal. It was still approved by an intelligence agency.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

VisorBoy wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:

And yes, it is illegal

Just because you or I don't know the reason doesn't prove it was illegal. It was still approved by an intelligence agency.
There's no logical way for her to even know there was data collected in the first place. There was no reason as the FISA courts rejected 2 previous requests, so they issued a 3rd that was by Trump without naming him specifically. They were clearly spying on him for political reasons as the judge twice rejected their stated reasons.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

HokieJoe wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote: Hoof, Fatroll, and TrollingVT are about to have a bad week. DC too as his snarkiness on this has brought the required smackdown from the universe.

Just drop this HFDC. It's making you look silly. They surveilled Trump for political purposes. That's the bottom line. They can hide behind sophistry, but anyone with a brain knows it's lawyer bullshit.

The "bottom line" is that there are correct and incorrect ways to describe things. Trump has a history of being loose with the things he says, including fabricating complete crap. And WADR, the ppl who defend everything he says, all the time, are the ones that look silly, they just ignore all the crap he makes up. So, when he continues to be loose with the things he says, no, I'm not going to drop it.

Here's a simple example for you. A judge signs an order to put a drug dealer under surveillance. That means someone is going to be watching what the drug dealer does on a regular basis. That drug dealer is going to have interactions with lots of other people. Let's say the drug dealer happens to purchase a watch from you on Craigslist. You meet him, give him a package with the watch in it, and he gives you money. You weren't being surveilled, but the police are certainly going to want to know what you're interaction was, and will probably stop you, ask questions, and maybe bring you in for questioning. You did nothing wrong, you didn't get surveilled, but the surveillance of the bad dude, got you caught up in it.

From what is being said now, there is almost no doubt that someone used data that was incidental collection on Trump's ppl, for political purposes (or tried to). But, that doesn't mean, after the fact, that what Trump said was factually correct. Even the Trump folks walked it back once, and then tried to say it came from the Brits, which was not true at all.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote: Hoof, Fatroll, and TrollingVT are about to have a bad week. DC too as his snarkiness on this has brought the required smackdown from the universe.

The "bottom line" is that there are correct and incorrect ways to describe things. Trump has a history of being loose with the things he says, including fabricating complete crap. And WADR, the ppl who defend everything he says, all the time, are the ones that look silly, they just ignore all the crap he makes up. So, when he continues to be loose with the things he says, no, I'm not going to drop it.

Here's a simple example for you. A judge signs an order to put a drug dealer under surveillance. That means someone is going to be watching what the drug dealer does on a regular basis. That drug dealer is going to have interactions with lots of other people. Let's say the drug dealer happens to purchase a watch from you on Craigslist. You meet him, give him a package with the watch in it, and he gives you money. You weren't being surveilled, but the police are certainly going to want to know what you're interaction was, and will probably stop you, ask questions, and maybe bring you in for questioning. You did nothing wrong, you didn't get surveilled, but the surveillance of the bad dude, got you caught up in it.

From what is being said now, there is almost no doubt that someone used data that was incidental collection on Trump's ppl, for political purposes (or tried to). But, that doesn't mean, after the fact, that what Trump said was factually correct. Even the Trump folks walked it back once, and then tried to say it came from the Brits, which was not true at all.
The news already refutes you as the Obama administration made 3 attempts to spy on Trump. You're saying Obama accidentally spied on the person he twice was denied access only to get a 3rd attempt approved for someone else. That's not incidental, that's them getting what they were after all along. You look silly and stubborn as 80.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

VisorBoy wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:

And yes, it is illegal

And Nixon just wanted Gordon Liddy to find out what the housekeepers were talking about. That DNC people were bugged was just happenstance coincidence. (good grief, Visor... don't sell your soul like this)
Salute the Marines
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

RiverguyVT wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
VisorBoy wrote: That's the whole point. Unmasking isn't illegal by default.

And yes, it is illegal

And Nixon just wanted Gordon Liddy to find out what the housekeepers were talking about. That DNC people were bugged was just happenstance coincidence. (good grief, Visor... don't sell your soul like this)
The good news is they're running out of inertia to spin. The lies are being exposed and Obama is looking like a thuggish dictator from a banana republic.