PSA...Trump has some great tweets this morning.

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: PSA...Trump has some great tweets this morning.

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:Gosh, CT has terrible office holders.

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTr ... r%5Eauthor
Rapid fire tweets. Hokie80 is our commander in chief. How presidential.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IP's idea of Presidential is getting blown by interns in the oval office and lying under oath.
I'd take it over twitter diplomacy.

BJ diplomacy? Really?
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote: I suppose you have a link to substantiate all of that? The ones I've seen don't.
You should get some better resources. ;)

It's been reported in a lot of places, mostly from the NBC tweet in this article. The main point being that the NSA is supposed to be independently vetted by the CIA to receive the level of clearance that the NSA has. Blaming Obama is silly.

http://resistancereport.com/politics/tr ... clearance/
Your link (which describes itself as a "social justice-oriented media company dedicated to providing the bold, combative, thought-provoking journalism that the current regime opposes.") is bullshirt and doesn't support the argument you're making. It sounds like a bunch of people who have no idea how security clearances work jumping to conclusions.
The word granted is key there. Something like that would probably take a while - that doesn't mean that it wasn't started. Also, I'd like to see the exact requirements. I'd bet the clearance is only required for certain information.
Umm...OK. You're agreeing that there is a higher clearance than what he already had from his previous job, which is what I said.
No, the clearance isn't just required for certain info, and it isn't a higher clearance.

The IC is territorial. A DoD based clearance is good for military and State Dept. CIA has it's own clearance and vetting process as does NSA. They are all little silos that don't play well with each other in the sandbox and don't recognize each others clearances. The Director of National Security obviously needs to have all of the above, plus a few others. Apparently Flynn didn't have all of them.
"Apparently Flynn didn't have all of them." OK. That's the point... he needed other clearances that he didn't have. Trump was trying to paint a picture that the renewal of Flynn's DoD clearance was sufficient...and it isn't.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote: I suppose you have a link to substantiate all of that? The ones I've seen don't.

It's been reported in a lot of places, mostly from the NBC tweet in this article. The main point being that the NSA is supposed to be independently vetted by the CIA to receive the level of clearance that the NSA has. Blaming Obama is silly.

Your link (which describes itself as a "social justice-oriented media company dedicated to providing the bold, combative, thought-provoking journalism that the current regime opposes.") is bullshirt and doesn't support the argument you're making. It sounds like a bunch of people who have no idea how security clearances work jumping to conclusions.
The word granted is key there. Something like that would probably take a while - that doesn't mean that it wasn't started. Also, I'd like to see the exact requirements. I'd bet the clearance is only required for certain information.
Umm...OK. You're agreeing that there is a higher clearance than what he already had from his previous job, which is what I said.
No, the clearance isn't just required for certain info, and it isn't a higher clearance.

The IC is territorial. A DoD based clearance is good for military and State Dept. CIA has it's own clearance and vetting process as does NSA. They are all little silos that don't play well with each other in the sandbox and don't recognize each others clearances. The Director of National Security obviously needs to have all of the above, plus a few others. Apparently Flynn didn't have all of them.
"Apparently Flynn didn't have all of them." OK. That's the point... he needed other clearances that he didn't have. Trump was trying to paint a picture that the renewal of Flynn's DoD clearance was sufficient...and it isn't.
There's only DoD and DHS which do respect each other's clearances.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

Apparently he needed NSA I believe. He had the others, and they were renewed recently under Obama. Typically these govt. positions allow the individual to begin work with an interim clearance while the process is taking place. I have no idea whether the process had begun or not for the one he needed.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote: You should get some better resources. ;)

???
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote: Your link (which describes itself as a "social justice-oriented media company dedicated to providing the bold, combative, thought-provoking journalism that the current regime opposes.") is bullshirt and doesn't support the argument you're making. It sounds like a bunch of people who have no idea how security clearances work jumping to conclusions.

???
You're operating under the old world. My DHS clearance was accepted by DoD as they're a lot more collaborative now. I think you're also referring to job specific clearing like lifestyle poly that required for CS, but are still issued through DHS.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote: Umm...OK. You're agreeing that there is a higher clearance than what he already had from his previous job, which is what I said.

???
You're operating under the old world. My DHS clearance was accepted by DoD as they're a lot more collaborative now. I think you're also referring to job specific clearing like lifestyle poly that required for CS, but are still issued through DHS.
Didn't know you made your money off the government. Good stuff.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
133743Hokie wrote: No, the clearance isn't just required for certain info, and it isn't a higher clearance.

???

Keeping you safe!
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Apparently he needed NSA I believe. He had the others, and they were renewed recently under Obama. Typically these govt. positions allow the individual to begin work with an interim clearance while the process is taking place. I have no idea whether the process had begun or not for the one he needed.
They confirmed the process had begun, and also needed CIA clearance. Let me ask it this way. If you were POTUS, and appointing your NSA, would you rely on a DIA clearance renewal, from Jan. 2016, as sufficient, even after having several people contact you with concerns about that person? He had 2 months from the time he picked him, to the start of his presidency. I think it's silly to try and lay blame on Obama.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

???
CIA, NSA and a few others still have their own
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote: "Apparently Flynn didn't have all of them." OK. That's the point... he needed other clearances that he didn't have. Trump was trying to paint a picture that the renewal of Flynn's DoD clearance was sufficient...and it isn't.
???

Keeping you safe!
One Diggety at a time I suppose.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote: There's only DoD and DHS which do respect each other's clearances.
???

Keeping you safe!
One Diggety at a time I suppose.

Yep, one Diggety at a time.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

IP's idea of Presidential is getting blown by interns in the oval office and lying under oath.
I'd take it over twitter diplomacy.

I'm shocked that the lawyer (albeit a patent attorney) has no problem with lying under oath.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:
Right, and neither did DC. That's why his comments were out of line.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
They confirmed the process had begun, and also needed CIA clearance. Let me ask it this way. If you were POTUS, and appointing your NSA, would you rely on a DIA clearance renewal, from Jan. 2016, as sufficient, even after having several people contact you with concerns about that person? He had 2 months from the time he picked him, to the start of his presidency. I think it's silly to try and lay blame on Obama.
No they said a CIA clearance hadn't been granted. You took this to mean they got him a lower clearance, which isn't supported by any links you've shown...and the links don't even imply that they hadn't been applied for.

My guess is that his position needs a multi agency sign off. Those can take a while, so no rational person would expect him to have them all at that time.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

ip_law-hokie wrote:

Trump wasn't the point of my post.
Blumenthal, Murphy, DeLauro, et al.. CT has terrible office holders.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

You should like this one.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/10/politics/ ... index.html
HooFighter
Party: all the time

Post by HooFighter »

From the guy who was so concerned about illegal wiretapping.

I expect the usual responses
"Winning!"
"Excellent trolling!"
"MAGA!"
"Emails!"

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HooFighter wrote:From the guy who was so concerned about illegal wiretapping.

"Winning!"
"Excellent trolling!"
"MAGA!"
"Emails!"
LOL! Wow. Dude is totally a nut job. BUT... that sounds like a threat. Classic ambiguous trump. Is he saying he taped, or is he saying Comey better not have taped...?

Admittedly, there's been a lot of shadenfreude on my part. I'm enjoying watching the left wing apparatchik being dismantled. Trump has exceeded expectations in that regard.

Eff Comey & the entrenched deep-state leftists.

It is going to be a fun 4 years.
Salute the Marines
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HokieFanDC wrote:

You should like this one.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/10/politics/ ... index.html

Seriously..Blumenthal has to be a moron.
CT pols are in mafia/labor pockets.
Salute the Marines
HooFighter

Post by HooFighter »

RiverguyVT wrote:LOL! Wow. Dude is totally a nut job. BUT... that sounds like a threat. Classic ambiguous trump. Is he saying he taped, or is he saying Comey better not have taped...?

Admittedly, there's been a lot of shadenfreude on my part. I'm enjoying watching the left wing apparatchik being dismantled. Trump has exceeded expectations in that regard.

So you think having a "nut job" and potential criminal as president is OK as long as he sticks it to the libs?

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HooFighter wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:LOL! Wow. Dude is totally a nut job. BUT... that sounds like a threat. Classic ambiguous trump. Is he saying he taped, or is he saying Comey better not have taped...?

So you think having a "nut job" and potential criminal as president is OK as long as he sticks it to the libs?
No it's not, that's why we didn't elect Clinton.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HooFighter wrote:

Oh, I'm no trump fan.
What is okay is that Damien-spawn Hillary! is not in office. Kiss the country goodbye if that had happened. With trump, we have a puncher's chance of survival. Dismantling the left apparatchik is absolutely essential to our future freedom. I'm zealous about that notion.

Anyone is a "potential" criminal. Hillary! is an "actual" one, and her ilk have no qualms about ruining this country. The Donald? Goofy as hell...but he doesn't hate America Zinn-style like the last guy who was in office 8 years... the guy who cherished civil unrest and had Che visions of "revolucion!"

The left has lost their collectivist minds.

So yeah. I'll accept the current nutjob. He has exceeded my low expectations.
Salute the Marines
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

"Winning!"
"Excellent trolling!"
"MAGA!"
"Emails!"
Because recording your own conversations is exactly the same thing.
HooFighter

Post by HooFighter »

USN_Hokie wrote:

"Winning!"
"Excellent trolling!"
"MAGA!"
"Emails!"
Because recording your own conversations is exactly the same thing.
Good point. Nothing could ever go wrong doing that.