Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Bill Nye jumps the man who self identifies as a shark

Post by USN_Hokie »

:lol:

Posted this in the other thread, but it deserves its own. Watch the whole thing.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Re: Bill Nye jumps the man who self identifies as a shark

Post by HokieHam »

You see......THIS is most definitely...here......it.......comes(sorry for the pun)...............

Nolan approved!

:-)
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

USN_Hokie wrote:
Wow.......no.....no agenda at all in science..... :lol:
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:

These people are just crazy. But hey, the mechanical engineer is now an expert on sexuality too. What a fraud and a hack.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

One thing we know for sure, Bill Nye is NOT the "Constitution guy." But that doesn't stop him from showing off his ignorance.

==============================================

Bill Nye Makes A False Claim About The US Constitution — Again
Michael Bastasch
9:12 PM 04/23/2017

Bill Nye the “Science Guy” tried to claim the Constitution supported the concerns of thousands of scientists and environmental activists who took to the streets on Earth Day to protest the Trump administration’s proposed budget cuts to federal agencies.

“If you suppress science, if you pretend climate change isn’t a real problem, you will fall behind other countries that do invest in science, that do invest in basic research,” Nye told CNN Saturday as the “March for Science” took place.

The march took place in dozens of cities across the world, and the main march took place in Washington, D.C., Saturday. Nye spoke at the rally where thousands carried signs deriding skeptics of global warming and cuts to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and other bureaucracies that fund or conduct scientific research.

“And it is interesting to note, I think, that Article 1 Section 8 of the U.S. Constitution refers to the progress of science and the useful arts,” Nye said.

“Useful arts in 18th Century usage would be what we call engineering or city planning or architecture,” Nye said.

Nye’s used the argument before to underscore how “unpatriotic” it is to not have the federal government hand out billions of taxpayer dollars to universities, corporations and research institutions.

“Article I, Section 8 of the Constitution says the government shall ‘promote the progress of science and useful arts,'” Nye told Vox in 2015 — Vox didn’t correct him or fact check his claim.

“So if you’re a politician looking to derail the progress of science, I think you’re not doing your job,” Nye said.

And, like last time, he’s 100 percent incorrect.

Nye is referring to the Constitution’s Copyright Clause. The clause is one in a laundry list of Congress’s enumerated powers.

Completing this poll entitles you to Daily Caller news updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

It reads: “To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries.”

The Copyright Clause has nothing to do with government-funded science, but everything to do with establishing a legal framework to protect intellectual property rights.

This is why Nye is not known as the “Constitution Guy.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/04/23/bill- ... z4fFmgfOoD

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:One thing we know for sure, Bill Nye is NOT the "Constitution guy." But that doesn't stop him from showing off his ignorance.

==============================================

Bill Nye Makes A False Claim About The US Constitution — Again
Michael Bastasch
9:12 PM 04/23/2017

Bill Nye the “Science Guy” tried to claim the Constitution supported the concerns of thousands of scientists and environmental activists who took to the streets on Earth Day to protest the Trump administration’s proposed budget cuts to federal agencies.

“If you suppress science, if you pretend climate change isn’t a real problem, you will fall behind other countries that do invest in science, that do invest in basic research,” Nye told CNN Saturday as the “March for Science” took place.

The march took place in dozens of cities across the world, and the main march took place in Washington, D.C., Saturday. Nye spoke at the rally where thousands carried signs deriding skeptics of global warming and cuts to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and other bureaucracies that fund or conduct scientific research.

“And it is interesting to note, I think, that Article 1 Section 8 of the U.S. Constitution refers to the progress of science and the useful arts,” Nye said.

“Useful arts in 18th Century usage would be what we call engineering or city planning or architecture,” Nye said.

Nye’s used the argument before to underscore how “unpatriotic” it is to not have the federal government hand out billions of taxpayer dollars to universities, corporations and research institutions.

“Article I, Section 8 of the Constitution says the government shall ‘promote the progress of science and useful arts,'” Nye told Vox in 2015 — Vox didn’t correct him or fact check his claim.

“So if you’re a politician looking to derail the progress of science, I think you’re not doing your job,” Nye said.

And, like last time, he’s 100 percent incorrect.

Nye is referring to the Constitution’s Copyright Clause. The clause is one in a laundry list of Congress’s enumerated powers.

Completing this poll entitles you to Daily Caller news updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

It reads: “To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries.”

The Copyright Clause has nothing to do with government-funded science, but everything to do with establishing a legal framework to protect intellectual property rights.

This is why Nye is not known as the “Constitution Guy.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/04/23/bill- ... z4fFmgfOoD
Typical ignorant liberal blowhard.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

:lol:
Attachments
IMG_2384.JPG
IMG_2384.JPG (290.46 KiB) Viewed 1388 times

RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

I have to give the title of this thread an A+. Well done.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

Bill Nye...proof that aliens have a sense of humor.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Bill Nye on gender 25yrs ago...

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HeheImage
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:Bill Nye on gender 25yrs ago...

Thank goodness for Youtube because check out this level of dishonesty...

==============================

Re-Release of Bill Nye's 1996 'Probability' Episode Deletes Male-Female Sex Determination Segment
By Tom Blumer |
May 2, 2017 | 9:06 PM EDT

On Thursday, Julia Seymour at NewsBusters noted that in his new, ridiculously hyped Netflix series, so-called "Science Guy" Bill Nye "preached gender fluidity as 'forward thinking.'"

In what can hardly be a coincidence, Daniel Payne at the Federalist.com reports that "someone cut from a re-release of the episode" a 76-second segment from Nye's original 1996 program on "Probability" explaining how a child's sex is determined at conception.

The full 1996 episode is here. The segment on male and female chromosomes and their role in sex determination follows a two-minute segment on bell-curve probability, and appears at the 7:54 mark.

But, as noted, The Federalist's Payne (HT Instapundit) says it's not there any more in the episode's re-release (bolds are mine throughout this post):
Last week The Federalist reported on an illuminating segment from a mid-1990s episode of “Bill Nye the Science Guy” that clashes directly with modern transgender ideology. It appears that someone cut this segment from a re-release of the episode.

... In the clip reported on by The Federalist, pulled from the January 19, 1996 episode of the series, a young woman explains that “inside each of our cells are these things called chromosomes, and they control whether we become a boy or a girl.”

... This clashes directly with Nye’s current feelings on sex: in a recent episode of his new Netflix series, “Bill Nye Saves the World,” Nye claims that the “male and female” binary is “more like a kaleidoscope.” Instead of the simple XX and XY combinations, Nye asserts that “we see more combinations than that in real life.”

“What makes someone male or female,” Nye says, “isn’t so clear-cut.”

Nye’s evolution on the subject of biological sex is roughly in line with that of standard progressive gender ideology, which is hardly surprising—Nye has become something of a progressive spokesman. What is shocking, however, is that Nye or someone else appears to have gone back and censored the episode of “Bill Nye the Science Guy” that featured the original chromosome segment.

On Netflix’s collection of episodes of “Bill Nye,” the 23rd episode, entitled “Probability,” is identical to that which originally aired in 1996—except that the segment on sex and chromosomes has been excised completely. The episode offers no explanation whatsoever. The show simply moves from the segment immediately prior the deleted clip to the segment immediately following it.
My only bone of contention with Payne is his description of the move as "shocking." It is brazen, but given the documented fiddling we've seen with data related to global warming, Nye's primary pet cause, why should we be surprised, alone shocked, that he or someone else sympathizing with him would do something like this?

Here is the segment Payne reports was deleted on what really "makes someone male or female":

Transcript:
ACTRESS: I'm a girl. Could have just as easily been a boy, though, because the probability of becoming a girl is always 1-in-2.

See, inside each of our cells are these things called chromosomes. And they control whether we become a boy or girl.

Your mom has two X chromosomes in all of her cells, and your dad has one X and one Y chromosome in each of his cells.

Before you're born, your mom gives you one of her chromosomes and your dad gives you one of his. Mom always gives you an X. And if dad gives you an X too, then you become a girl. But if he gives you his Y, then you became a boy.

See, there are only two possibilities: XX, a girl, or XY, a boy.

The chance of becoming either a boy or girl is always 1-in-2, a 50-50 chance either way.

It's like flipping a coin: X, you're a girl; Y, you're a boy.

(After flipped coin lands on X) Some people are just lucky, I guess.
There's not much "fluidity" in that presentation, is there? Except for the fact that the global warming and climate change disciples have completely ruined the term, one might even be tempted to call what is presented in the above segment "settled science."

No wonder Payne discovered that this inconvenient, truth-containing segment is now missing from the 1996 episode's re-release.

http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/tom ... female-sex

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

UpstateSCHokie wrote: Thank goodness for Youtube because check out this level of dishonesty...

Re-Release of Bill Nye's 1996 'Probability' Episode Deletes Male-Female Sex Determination Segment
By Tom Blumer |

Just read that this morning. As a funny aside, good old Snopes rates the notion that Bill Nye's show argued for there being only two genders as.... *drumroll* "false."

They even admit the segment aired, but cite some meme I've never seen and then come to the conclusion it's false. We're living in 1984...

http://www.snopes.com/bill-nye-gender-chromosomes/
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

USN_Hokie wrote:Bill Nye on gender 25yrs ago...

Wow ... that is actual science!

The nonsense about ice cream flavors??? That's not science.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote: Thank goodness for Youtube because check out this level of dishonesty...

By Tom Blumer |

Just read that this morning. As a funny aside, good old Snopes rates the notion that Bill Nye's show argued for there being only two genders as.... *drumroll* "false."

They even admit the segment aired, but cite some meme I've never seen and then come to the conclusion it's false. We're living in 1984...

Snopes has as much credibility as the SPLC, which is zero.

133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:

By Tom Blumer |

This is where hack sites like Snopes rely on the "definition of the word "is"" kind of linguistic gymnastics. What they say is false is that Bill Nye said your "gender is determined by your chromosomes". He didn't say those exact words. An actress in the video said some of them, and he said some similar things that clearly inferred that meaning. But he never said those specific words and that is how Snopes gets away with saying it's false.
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

I have mentioned that I lived in Seattle for a couple years. I think it was 93 and 94. Bill Nye was on a local Seattle sketch comedy show called Almost Live. It was basically SNL, but the content was all about Seattle.

Nye was not very funny. Here is one of his skits that I actually remember. https://youtu.be/r4Fa7B3a0Hs

You will almost be embarrassed for him when you watch this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

You can find more on YouTube.... the science guy is a failed comedian I guess...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

133743Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

By Tom Blumer |

This is where hack sites like Snopes rely on the "definition of the word "is"" kind of linguistic gymnastics. What they say is false is that Bill Nye said your "gender is determined by your chromosomes". He didn't say those exact words. An actress in the video said some of them, and he said some similar things that clearly inferred that meaning. But he never said those specific words and that is how Snopes gets away with saying it's false.

BIll Nye is the definition of sciencey dimwit. Chromosomes don't lie, and nothing essential has changed since his earlier video. So, the truth meter for Snopes claim concerning Nye's video's are: 100% Bullshit.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
VisorBoy

Post by VisorBoy »

USN_Hokie wrote:

By Tom Blumer |

I can't access your link, but I've found a couple articles which support what I believe you're saying the Snopes conclusion was, based on a false viral meme:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/that- ... le/2621344
http://www.business2community.com/us-ne ... e-01832251
Do justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

VisorBoy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

By Tom Blumer |

I can't access your link, but I've found a couple articles which support what I believe you're saying the Snopes conclusion was, based on a false viral meme:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/that- ... le/2621344
http://www.business2community.com/us-ne ... e-01832251
No, that's the half truth. Bill Nye's show in the 90's did teach kids that there are only two genders determined by your chromosomes. They even deleted the segment after it was found, but you can find it on YouTube.