Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
RiverguyVT

Re: Richard Spencer's gym membership revoked

Post by RiverguyVT »

nolanvt wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
And the homosexuals wanting a cake were 'made' when they requested a custom cake from an established, Christian-owned bakery. There was nothing accidental about this forced encounter.
In which what the baker did was wrong and against the law because I feel bad about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FTFY
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

HokieJoe wrote:
There is no right to a custom wedding cake.
Every wedding cake is "custom". The baker offered those to the public. So, I believe the law was appropriately applied in that instance.

Fully vaccinated, still not dead
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
Every wedding cake is "custom". The baker offered those to the public. So, I believe the law was appropriately applied in that instance.

LOL, nope.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote: So, had he not been made, his rights would have been protected in Nolan's view of the world. Good to know that Nolan only supports rights of people in the closet, and secretive with their belief sets and value judgments. How totalitarian of him. Animal Farm.

He fears that a liberal will embarrass him with a stupid video or a black will attack him. His views on blacks are exposed in this silly point.
"A black". Nice.

They're who you fear, allegedly. We know your argument is just more bullshit.
Why are you under the impression that I fear black people?

That's your inference about "diverse neighborhood", that there would be violence in hearing a diverse view. Just admit it because that's what you conveyed. I'm sure you'll just give another dumb rehashing of your previous dumb statement. Open minded communities don't have to worry about violence in the presence of a social pariah.
I wasn't even thinking of the violence angle. I was going more toward how bad would it look to diverse customers that you're serving a known Nazi.

cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
And the homosexuals wanting a cake were 'made' when they requested a custom cake from an established, Christian-owned bakery. There was nothing accidental about this forced encounter.
In which what the baker did was wrong and against the law.

you are so lost on this, you are being an absolute hypocrite, that is the issue. If Spencer wants to be think whatever he wants to then he has that ability as a human, as others have said he was not doing anything in the gym except existing.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:

you are so lost on this, you are being an absolute hypocrite, that is the issue. If Spencer wants to be think whatever he wants to then he has that ability as a human, as others have said he was not doing anything in the gym except existing.
Not being a hypocrite at all.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
He fears that a liberal will embarrass him with a stupid video or a black will attack him. His views on blacks are exposed in this silly point.
"A black". Nice.

They're who you fear, allegedly. We know your argument is just more bullshit.
Why are you under the impression that I fear black people?

That's your inference about "diverse neighborhood", that there would be violence in hearing a diverse view. Just admit it because that's what you conveyed. I'm sure you'll just give another dumb rehashing of your previous dumb statement. Open minded communities don't have to worry about violence in the presence of a social pariah.
I wasn't even thinking of the violence angle. I was going more toward how bad would it look to diverse customers that you're serving a known Nazi.

Because?
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:

I will give it to you, you are as stubborn as my wife. total hypocrite on this one.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Is this how you converse in real life? :lol:
What does "diverse" mean in Nolan-world?

Let me guess. "A collection of people with beliefs just like mine!" (read in the voice of a proud 5 year old). Gooooood boy! Good boy!

If they weren't serving a nazi, but now are, wouldn't that increase "diversity"?
:lol:

Goodness, this got dopey.
(psssst.... Nolan. Some nazis are gay!)
Salute the Marines
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

nolanvt wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:

It's on appeal. So we'll see how constitional this ridiculous bullshit law is.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

nolanvt wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:

Yes you are ip.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HokieJoe wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:

But let's keep this on the emotional, unthinking, level. For Nolan.
Things he likes = rights
Things he doesn't like = no rights

:ugeek: :lol: :geek: 8-) :x :roll:
Salute the Marines
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

RiverguyVT wrote:

Let me guess. "A collection of people with beliefs just like mine!" (read in the voice of a proud 5 year old). Gooooood boy! Good boy!

If they weren't serving a nazi, but now are, wouldn't that increase "diversity"?

[emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91]

RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

nolanvt wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:

[emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91]

Rights.
Read up.
Salute the Marines
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

RiverguyVT wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:

But let's keep this on the emotional, unthinking, level. For Nolan.
Things he likes = rights
Things he doesn't like = no rights

:ugeek: [emoji38] :geek: 8-) :x :roll:
That's it, he's going to sit there claiming it's something else with the same idiotic smugness he always has.

I like how he also flips to "business decision" when "rights" are a flop.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

RiverguyVT wrote:

While I disagree with nolan's general view here, how can you not understand the issue with diversity when you're talking about a guy who wants an all-white country. It's not about diverse beliefs. It's about his belief that having non-white people around is bad. His belief on diversity of race is the issue with Spencer.
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

nolanvt wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:

No, every cake is not custom.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HokieFanDC wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:

While I disagree with nolan's general view here, how can you not understand the issue with diversity when you're talking about a guy who wants an all-white country. It's not about diverse beliefs. It's about his belief that having non-white people around is bad. His belief on diversity of race is the issue with Spencer.
He invoked the gym having "diverse customers".
Spencer there makes it even more diverse. The token nazi.
What are you missing about my comment?
Salute the Marines
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
Is this how you converse in real life? [emoji38]

[emoji38]

He's with "diverse" people that are just as racist as he is, only they're for their race being the only race. They're all birds of the same feather.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

Also, the world is not as black and white as some of you all think it is. I have a general set of beliefs and apply that framework to each case. Sometimes, I don't come down on the side that you think I would.

For example, I sided with the t-shirt company in the KY case because I don't believe custom t-shirt companies should be forced to make political shirts for viewpoints with which they disagree.

Churches, as protected institutions, should not be regulated in terms of who they admit, who they marry, etc. If a gay couple raises a stink about it, I will call them out on that.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:Also, the world is not as black and white as some of you all think it is. I have a general set of beliefs and apply that framework to each case. Sometimes, I don't come down on the side that you think I would.

For example, I sided with the t-shirt company in the KY case because I don't believe custom t-shirt companies should be forced to make political shirts for viewpoints with which they disagree.

Churches, as protected institutions, should not be regulated in terms of who they admit, who they marry, etc. If a gay couple raises a stink about it, I will call them out on that.

LOL, your "framework" is backing retarded positions into your emotional feelings towards the parties involved. If you were smarter, you'd be able to see how dumb your position is. I don't expect any change.
Cpt Jagdish
Party: None of the above

Post by Cpt Jagdish »

HokieFanDC wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:

This is like the paradox of tolerance: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradox_of_tolerance

"How intolerant of you to not be tolerant of my intolerance."
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:Also, the world is not as black and white as some of you all think it is. I have a general set of beliefs and apply that framework to each case. Sometimes, I don't come down on the side that you think I would.

LOL, your "framework" is backing retarded positions into your emotional feelings towards the parties involved. If you were smarter, you'd be able to see how dumb your position is. I don't expect any change.
[emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91]

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

[emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91]

[emoji90] [emoji90] [emoji90]
Mcl3 Hokie

Post by Mcl3 Hokie »

All you are doing is rationalizing the sliding scale that you use.