Richard Spencer's gym membership revoked

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Re: Richard Spencer's gym membership revoked

Post by nolanvt »

CFB Apologist wrote:My point is that going to the gym with a white power tattoo is not cause for arrest or discrimination in America. Nolan disagrees. Thanks for keeping up.
You should propose a revision to discrimination laws then. Let us know how that goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote: Sure, there are exceptions when rights of 2 protected classes can't co-exist wrt a specific issue.
And there's the problem right there. There should be no such thing as a "protected class." That concept is in direct violation of EQUAL protection under the law. If we have certain classes of people with special rights and "protections" then the law is not equal. That's antithetical to the spirit of the Constitution.
So you're in favor of removing all protected class laws, which would mean no protection for religion either??
No it wouldn't
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote: Sure, there are exceptions when rights of 2 protected classes can't co-exist wrt a specific issue.
And there's the problem right there. There should be no such thing as a "protected class." That concept is in direct violation of EQUAL protection under the law. If we have certain classes of people with special rights and "protections" then the law is not equal. That's antithetical to the spirit of the Constitution.
So you're in favor of removing all protected class laws, which would mean no protection for religion either??
No it wouldn't
Yes it would. The 1A protects religion from the govt. It doesn't protect religion from individual attacks or discrimination, that's what protected class laws do.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

This purse fight has now gone to 10 pages -- must be some kind of record
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

nolanvt wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:My point is that going to the gym with a white power tattoo is not cause for arrest or discrimination in America. Nolan disagrees. Thanks for keeping up.
You should propose a revision to discrimination laws then. Let us know how that goes.

You really think it is legal to discriminate against someone for a tattoo? You are more dense than I thought
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

You really think it is legal to discriminate against someone for a tattoo? You are more dense than I thought
Employers do all the time. I have worked at places where it was required to cover your tattoos while on the job. My guess is that if someone forgot to cover their White Power tat, there would have likely been an issue.

cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

You really think it is legal to discriminate against someone for a tattoo? You are more dense than I thought[/quot

fat chicks with tramp stamps, yes, discriminate and banish to some island!
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

nolanvt wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

Employers do all the time. I have worked at places where it was required to cover your tattoos while on the job. My guess is that if someone forgot to cover their White Power tat, there would have likely been an issue.

That's not "discrimination" Nolan..you know that but you are stretching this bit as far as you can I see. I can't piss on the floor in our boardroom at work either.. that's not "discrimination" that's called rules and etiquette (just like your job analogy) and NOBODY is allowed to do that.

Where your argument falls short is that the gym wants to ban a "neo-nazi" simply because that's what they heard his political beliefs are. I used "white power tattoo" as an example of what would possibly indicate such a person at a gym. One is an etiquette thing- not wearing an "I eat pussy shirt" to work or a visible MS 13 back tattoo at work that is against workplace rules for EVERYONE- and not "discrimination" ...vs. banning someone from a membership to a gym for the message and agenda BEHIND the tattoo... huge difference and where your argument is a huge fail vs. the gay cake thing.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

That's not "discrimination" Nolan..you know that but you are stretching this bit as far as you can I see. I can't piss on the floor in our boardroom at work either.. that's not "discrimination" that's called rules and etiquette (just like your job analogy) and NOBODY is allowed to do that.

Where your argument falls short is that the gym wants to ban a "neo-nazi" simply because that's what they heard his political beliefs are. I used "white power tattoo" as an example of what would possibly indicate such a person at a gym. One is an etiquette thing- not wearing an "I eat pussy shirt" to work or a visible MS 13 back tattoo at work that is against workplace rules for EVERYONE- and not "discrimination" ...vs. banning someone from a membership to a gym for the message and agenda BEHIND the tattoo... huge difference and where your argument is a huge fail vs. the gay cake thing.
He's a troll, no point in trying to get anything reasonable or intelligent out of him.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

So, you think it should be illegal for a proprietor to discriminate against those whose political beliefs he/she disagrees with? Interesting.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

So, you think it should be illegal for a proprietor to discriminate against those whose political beliefs he/she disagrees with? Interesting.

[emoji300] [emoji300] [emoji300] [emoji300] [emoji300] [emoji300] [emoji300] [emoji300] [emoji300] [emoji300] [emoji300]
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

nolanvt wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

What's so interesting about it? It IS illegal for Target to refuse service to someone for simply being a masculine republican- the demo that they hate. This is America.. do you disagree? Would you support Target if they moved to a "democrats only" policy? Do you realize how asinine that is? In a free country?
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

CFB Apologist wrote:
What's so interesting about it? It IS illegal for Target to refuse service to someone for simply being a masculine republican- the demo that they hate. This is America.. do you disagree? Would you support Target if they moved to a "democrats only" policy? Do you realize how asinine that is? In a free country?
It would be stupid for Target to ban 40% of their customers, but it's not illegal at the Federal level.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washin ... upporters/