nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Re: Richard Spencer's gym membership revoked

Post by nolanvt »

CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
Right. I'm aware that gyms are allowed to ban customers who they believe are assholes and are detrimental to their business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And what if the bakers believed that the gays were detrimental to their business. Why would that not have been okay?

You do realize we have equal protection under the law do you not? There is no special exception for that for people that self-identify as Nazis. Unless and until they have committed a crime and been convicted of said crime via due process, they have the same protections and rights as gays. At least that's how it's supposed to work in a Constitutional Republic.
Except the baker didn't deny business on that basis. The baker cited their own beliefs and the customers simply wanted the product they offered to the public.

OTOH, once a Nazi has been identified as a customer and you offer business in a diverse area, that could be bad for your business, so that would be a reasonable basis to discriminate.

LMAO.. just for being a "nazi" huh? In America? LOL you are full retard on this one..big time. What if there was a "nazi" at your gym and he simply went in, lifted weights and left? Did not bother or speak to anyone, just ran on the treadmill, and grabbed his things and went to work? Ban him? because that is EXACTLY what you are arguing.. "Gay guys aren't bad for business...they just want to wear their rainbow shirts and get their cake baked, they are harmless".. BUT the guy with the white power tattoo that doesn't bother anyone must be banned... Not in America Nolan, that's not how it works..
The Nazi was banned because he was made. That put the gym in a tough spot serving a diverse community and also employing a diverse staff.

Fully vaccinated, still not dead
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

nolanvt wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
Right. I'm aware that gyms are allowed to ban customers who they believe are assholes and are detrimental to their business.
Gays have a set of beliefs.
Nazis have a set of beliefs.
Your argument is that rights may acceptably be deprived if ones set of beliefs are something you find distasteful. You have no fundamental understanding of rights. IIWII.

So. A gym can exercise this banning that coincides with your value set.
A bakery cannot exercise a banning that does not coincide with your value set.

Some have more rights available to them than others.
Others should have rights revoked until such a time that their belief set coincides with yours.

You leftists are totalitarians.
You have no understanding of rights. At all.
I can't go along with your exercise that's attempting to analogize gay people and Nazis.

That's not even half as clever as you imagine it to be.
So, you've got no answer?
Apparently not.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

And what if the bakers believed that the gays were detrimental to their business. Why would that not have been okay?

You do realize we have equal protection under the law do you not? There is no special exception for that for people that self-identify as Nazis. Unless and until they have committed a crime and been convicted of said crime via due process, they have the same protections and rights as gays. At least that's how it's supposed to work in a Constitutional Republic.
Except the baker didn't deny business on that basis. The baker cited their own beliefs and the customers simply wanted the product they offered to the public.

OTOH, once a Nazi has been identified as a customer and you offer business in a diverse area, that could be bad for your business, so that would be a reasonable basis to discriminate.

LMAO.. just for being a "nazi" huh? In America? LOL you are full retard on this one..big time. What if there was a "nazi" at your gym and he simply went in, lifted weights and left? Did not bother or speak to anyone, just ran on the treadmill, and grabbed his things and went to work? Ban him? because that is EXACTLY what you are arguing.. "Gay guys aren't bad for business...they just want to wear their rainbow shirts and get their cake baked, they are harmless".. BUT the guy with the white power tattoo that doesn't bother anyone must be banned... Not in America Nolan, that's not how it works..
The Nazi was banned because he was made. That put the gym in a tough spot serving a diverse community and also employing a diverse staff.

Because diverse people are violent assholes? What's your point?
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

RiverguyVT wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
Your argument is that rights may acceptably be deprived if ones set of beliefs are something you find distasteful. You have no fundamental understanding of rights. IIWII.

Others should have rights revoked until such a time that their belief set coincides with yours.

I can't go along with your exercise that's attempting to analogize gay people and Nazis.

Apparently not.
My answer is gays and Nazis aren't even remotely comparable.

nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

[emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91]

USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:Nolan's entire argument is that it's illegal to discriminate against gays, but not illegal to discriminate against "Neo-Nazi's"... and yes, it's a wrong and shirty argument on every level.
If nolan ever meets a gay Nazi his head is going to explode.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

The Nazi was banned because he was made.
So, had he not been made, his rights would have been protected in Nolan's view of the world. Good to know that Nolan only supports rights of people in the closet, and secretive with their belief sets and value judgments. How totalitarian of him. Animal Farm.
Salute the Marines
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

nolanvt wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:

Apparently not.

Rights are comparable. Something you are totally missing. I don't care if it nazis and gays; re-label "belief set A" and "belief set B" if it makes you more comfortable.

And yeah, you're being a bit of a gay nazi in your application of rights, only doling the rights out to those whom you agree with.
Salute the Marines
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

RiverguyVT wrote:
So, had he not been made, his rights would have been protected in Nolan's view of the world. Good to know that Nolan only supports rights of people in the closet, and secretive with their belief sets and value judgments. How totalitarian of him. Animal Farm.

He fears that a liberal will embarrass him with a stupid video or a black will attack him. His views on blacks are exposed in this silly point.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
They both make you butthurt.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote: And what if the bakers believed that the gays were detrimental to their business. Why would that not have been okay?

[emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91]

[emoji90] [emoji90] [emoji90]
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

nolanvt wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Except neo-nazis or Christian bakers, got it
When they're wrongfully and illegally discriminated against, I will defend them. Until then, TS.

I think everyone gets that. The problem with your shirty logic is your definition of "wrongfully".
Not shirty at all, unless you think a gay couple wanting a wedding cake is on par with a Neo-Nazi.

Read up on "rights". It would serve you well.

The problem I have is that the gym didn't terminate the cow's membership for attacking another member.
In terms of the rules of the gym, I'm pretty sure that she violated written rules, and Spencer didn't.

If they want to terminate his membership, that's their right. But allowing someone to be treated like she treated him, because they agree with her and disagree with him, is a bad decision.
If he was screaming Heil Hitler as he completed each rep, then sure, kick him out. But, in this case, she behaved poorly, and he was just minding his own business. She is the dirtbag in this scenario.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

RiverguyVT wrote:
Which of his "rights" were violated?

nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:

He fears that a liberal will embarrass him with a stupid video or a black will attack him. His views on blacks are exposed in this silly point.
"A black". Nice.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:

"A black". Nice.

They're who you fear, allegedly. We know your argument is just more bullshit.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

nolanvt wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:

-sigh-
Now you're just being a troll
Salute the Marines
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

RiverguyVT wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:

Apparently not.

Rights are comparable. Something you are totally missing. I don't care if it nazis and gays; re-label "belief set A" and "belief set B" if it makes you more comfortable.

And yeah, you're being a bit of a gay nazi in your application of rights, only doling the rights out to those whom you agree with.
It's about protected classes, not rights. And while you may not agree, it's generally more accepted that being gay is not a belief, while being a Nazi clearly is.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

RiverguyVT wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:

-sigh-
I don't see the right to a gym membership in my pocket Constitution.

nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:

"A black". Nice.

Why are you under the impression that I fear black people?

HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

nolanvt wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

And the homosexuals wanting a cake were 'made' when they requested a custom cake from an established, Christian-owned bakery. There was nothing accidental about this forced encounter.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

nolanvt wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:

-sigh-

There is no right to a custom wedding cake.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:

"A black". Nice.

Why are you under the impression that I fear black people?

That's your inference about "diverse neighborhood", that there would be violence in hearing a diverse view. Just admit it because that's what you conveyed. I'm sure you'll just give another dumb rehashing of your previous dumb statement. Open minded communities don't have to worry about violence in the presence of a social pariah.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

nolanvt wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:

-sigh-

It's right above the "access to gay wedding cake" clause, but right below the clause saying if you're not secretive with your beliefs, your rights are still protected. Don't be a twit.
Salute the Marines
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HokieJoe wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

And the homosexuals wanting a cake were 'made' when they requested a custom cake from an established, Christian-owned bakery. There was nothing accidental about this forced encounter.
If only the gays hadn't come out, Nolan would've supported their rights. Oh. Wait. :?
Salute the Marines
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

HokieJoe wrote:
In which what the baker did was wrong and against the law.