Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: Snowflakes upset at women-only screening for Wonder Woma

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote: You don't understand what a screening is. Hint, it's still public with tickets sold in this case. No one is shocked that you've managed to spin yourself into supporting discrimination for a liberal pet, once again.
When I bought tickets for the We Are Marshall screening at the Pullman Square Theater, it stated you had to be a Marshall student and have your school ID at the entrance to be allowed in.

This theater is allowed to have similar restrictions for a similar special event for a select audience in mind, and I agree they should have that freedom. The last thing I want is a Government mandating who we invite to special events.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Uh huh. Screening just means viewing. That's why they add the word "private" to indicate a private screening. We know you'd be ranting and raving against a "no gays" screening. Special pets get special privileges.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote: You don't understand what a screening is. Hint, it's still public with tickets sold in this case. No one is shocked that you've managed to spin yourself into supporting discrimination for a liberal pet, once again.
When I bought tickets for the We Are Marshall screening at the Pullman Square Theater, it stated you had to be a Marshall student and have your school ID at the entrance to be allowed in.

This theater is allowed to have similar restrictions for a similar special event for a select audience in mind, and I agree they should have that freedom. The last thing I want is a Government mandating who we invite to special events.

Uh huh. Screening just means viewing. That's why they add the word "private" to indicate a private screening. We know you'd be ranting and raving against a "no gays" screening. Special pets get special privileges.
I don't mind who gets invited to a special event.

Fully vaccinated, still not dead
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

You do for special cakes. Odd how only the special pets can have special privileges.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

You do for special cakes. Odd how only the special pets can have special privileges.
Not even close.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

Not even close.

You've argued hundreds of pages otherwise. Search it before saying something stupid like you never supported criminalizing not making a special gay wedding cake.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

So I guess all bakers that don't want to serve gays can just say everyday is a "private event" at their place of business. I'm sure nolan would be just fine with this.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:So I guess all bakers that don't want to serve gays can just say everyday is a "private event" at their place of business. I'm sure nolan would be just fine with this.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
Homebrew wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
Hokie5150 wrote: Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Discrimination is a good thing isn't it?
It would be an issue to me if it weren't a private event.

it's not a private event, tickets were sold to the public online.
You don't understand what a screening is. Screenings tend to be exclusive events with a select audience in mind. I support theaters choosing to host whoever they want for screenings.

Now, when the movie comes out for the general public, the theater can't discriminate on the basis of gender.

This exclusive event is exclusive like a Ford Explorer Limited is limited. The whole thing is a publicity stunt.
A publicity stunt, it may be, but it's not illegal and I don't have a problem with having exclusive audiences for special events.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]
Agree. It's a private event with a specific focus that they want. No problem with that.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:So I guess all bakers that don't want to serve gays can just say everyday is a "private event" at their place of business. I'm sure nolan would be just fine with this.
That's hilarious. Keep up the good work, Uppity. [emoji106]

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:

What's hilarious is you can't see how your argument got torpedoed. Better luck next time fool.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

What's hilarious is you can't see how your argument got torpedoed. Better luck next time fool.
[emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91]

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

[emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91]

[emoji300] [emoji300] [emoji300] [emoji300] [emoji300] [emoji300] [emoji300] [emoji300] [emoji300] [emoji300]
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

nolanvt wrote:
Hokie5150 wrote:
nolanvt wrote:C'mon, guys. Don't be such pussies about this.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/26/entertain ... ended_pool

So Augusta National Golf Club - very much private- having a white members only policy, would be OK with you? Please be consistent.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
Hokie5150 wrote:

So Augusta National Golf Club - very much private- having a white members only policy, would be OK with you? Please be consistent.
He's not and can't be.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieHam wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
Hokie5150 wrote:

He's not and can't be.
He is consistent in carving out special exceptions for his special pets.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
Hokie5150 wrote:

Yes, I'm fine with that from a legal standpoint.

nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

Feel free to issue retractions anytime now, Ham and AG.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:Feel free to issue retractions anytime now, Ham and AG.

:?:
HooFighter
Party: all the time

Post by HooFighter »

Mayor of Austin receives email from well-known UWS poster, responds
I hope every man will boycott Austin and do what he can to diminish Austin and to cause damage to the city’s image. The theater that pandered to the sexism typical of women will, I hope, regret it’s decision. The notion of a woman hero is a fine example of women’s eagerness to accept the appearance of achievement without actual achievement. Women learn from an early age to value make-up, that it’s OK to pretend that you are greater than you actually are. Women pretend they do not know that only men serve in combat because they are content to have an easier ride. Women gladly accept gold medals at the Olympics for coming in 10th and competing only against the second class of athletes. Name something invented by a woman! Achievements by the second rate gender pale in comparison to virtually everything great in human history was accomplished by men, not women. If Austin does not host a men only counter event, I will never visit Austin and will welcome it’s deteriorati on [sic]. And I will not forget that Austin is best known for Charles Whitman. Does Austin stand for gender equality or for kissing up to women? Don’t bother to respond. I already know the answer. I do not hate women. I hate their rampant hypocrisy and the hypocrisy of the “women’s movement.” Women do not want gender equality; they want more for women. Don’t bother to respond because I am sure your cowardice will generate nothing worth reading.

Richard A. Ameduri
Dear Mr. Amenduri,

I am writing to alert you that your email account has been hacked by an unfortunate and unusually hostile individual. Please remedy your account’s security right away, lest this person’s uninformed and sexist rantings give you a bad name. After all, we men have to look out for each other!

Can you imagine if someone thought that you didn’t know women could serve in our combat units now without exclusion? What if someone thought you didn’t know that women invented medical syringes, life rafts, fire escapes, central and solar heating, a war-time communications system for radio-controlling torpedoes that laid the technological foundations for everything from Wi-Fi to GPS, and beer? And I hesitate to imagine how embarrassed you’d be if someone thought you were upset that a private business was realizing a business opportunity by reserving one screening this weekend for women to see a superhero movie.

You and I are serious men of substance with little time for the delicate sensitivities displayed by the pitiful creature who maligned your good name and sterling character by writing that abysmal email. I trust the news that your email account has been hacked does not cause you undue alarm and wish you well in securing your account. And in the future, should your travels take you to Austin, please know that everyone is welcome here, even people like those who wrote that email whose views are an embarrassment to modernity, decency, and common sense.

Yours sincerely,

Steve Adler

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

Women's rights groups: 'We're equal, now give us special treatment'. 'Hear me roar', and give me free shiite!'
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
Homebrew wrote:
it is a public event, theater must abide by the laws for it.
An invitation-only movie screening is not a public event.

Now, if the theater decided it wasn't going to show the movie to males for some reason once general tickets were offered to the public, then there would be an issue.

Alamo Drafthouse admits violation for women-only ‘Wonder Woman’ screening

http://kxan.com/2017/08/09/alamo-drafth ... screening/