Tiger Woods DUI

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
Attila T Hun

Tiger Woods DUI

Post by Attila T Hun »

Wow...This guy needs to get back on tour....Way too much time on his hands.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/05/29/ti ... e-say.html
miles

Re: Tiger Woods DUI

Post by miles »

:lol: Seriously :?:
Are you buying this caca about him making a return to competitive golf?
The dude is done. The talent is gone. The game is gone. The nerve is gone.
All that's left is money, booze, drugs, pussy and an early death.

Go to a Vegas sports book. Put the money down: next year, 2 years, 3 years , 5 years, majors, whatever.
He ain't playin', he ain't winnin', he ain't doin' sheet. He ruined his body, he ruined his marriage and family, he ruined his relationships with mentors, coaches and old friends, probably several business relationships and deals as well. Who knows what else.
One thing is certain - he hasn't hit bottom - yet.
:(
Attila T Hun

Post by Attila T Hun »

I used to dislike the guy and pull against him because he was so good. But now I honestly feel for him and hope he finds himself.
Mcl3 Hokie

Post by Mcl3 Hokie »

I've never been a Tiger fan. At the 2006 PGA Championship at Medinah, the local PGA Chapter was having previous PGA Championship winners sign a couple of golf balls. These balls were going to be auctioned off for the benefit of Junior Golf in the Chicagoland area. Who was the only golfer to refuse to sign? If you guessed Tiger, you'd be correct. He was a pompous ass.
Attila T Hun wrote:I used to dislike the guy and pull against him because he was so good. But now I honestly feel for him and hope he finds himself.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

miles wrote::lol: Seriously :?:

Go to a Vegas sports book. Put the money down: next year, 2 years, 3 years , 5 years, majors, whatever.
He ain't playin', he ain't winnin', he ain't doin' sheet. He ruined his body, he ruined his marriage and family, he ruined his relationships with mentors, coaches and old friends, probably several business relationships and deals as well. Who knows what else.
You overstepped a bit their hoss.

The talent isn't gone; it's the broken body that's killed him.

Booze, drugs, pussy and an early death? Really? Hyperbole much!

He hasn't ruined relationships with mentors, coaches and friends. In fact it's just the opposite. But hey, keep on hating.
fatman

Post by fatman »

I think tiger has completed his PGA tour days and is now touring the bedrooms of Denys waitresses around the country. Hate to see anyone meltdown, but I agree that he was an ass.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

fatman wrote:I think tiger has completed his PGA tour days and is now touring the bedrooms of Denys waitresses around the country. Hate to see anyone meltdown, but I agree that he was an ass.
He was a dominant world class athlete that comes along once in a generation. Sorry he wasn't everyones buddy-buddy. The couple of times I met him he was fine; actually nice.
Attila T Hun

Post by Attila T Hun »

133743Hokie wrote:
fatman wrote:I think tiger has completed his PGA tour days and is now touring the bedrooms of Denys waitresses around the country. Hate to see anyone meltdown, but I agree that he was an ass.
He was a dominant world class athlete that comes along once in a generation. Sorry he wasn't everyones buddy-buddy. The couple of times I met him he was fine; actually nice.
The guy still has a tremendous earning capability, even after his playing days are gone...Just look at Arnold Palmer. But if Tiger doesn't get his ass straight his endorsements will be long gone. Palmer made billions on his name after golf. So if Tiger has any smarts he will get help.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Attila T Hun wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
The guy still has a tremendous earning capability, even after his playing days are gone...Just look at Arnold Palmer. But if Tiger doesn't get his ass straight his endorsements will be long gone. Palmer made billions on his name after golf. So if Tiger has any smarts he will get help.
Palmer was classy and not a womanizing drunk. Woods has the same earning power as John Daly.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

miles wrote::lol: Seriously :?:

Why in the world would you make that bet - That bet would be a negative money line bet!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
Attila T Hun

Post by Attila T Hun »

awesome guy wrote:
Attila T Hun wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
Palmer was classy and not a womanizing drunk. Woods has the same earning power as John Daly.

LOL......Now that is funny. :lol: :lol: :lol:
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
Attila T Hun wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
Palmer was a notorious womanizer. Fortunately the internet wasn't around in his prime. And the media, as they did with JFK, kept it quiet.
Attila T Hun

Post by Attila T Hun »

The difference is perception and it means everything...Palmer was loved and revered by everyone...Although Tiger was respected for his playing ability he has never been perceived as a nice person.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Attila T Hun wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
Palmer was a notorious womanizer. Fortunately the internet wasn't around in his prime. And the media, as they did with JFK, kept it quiet.
True
VTDante
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Libertarian

Post by VTDante »

Palmer, like a Mickey Mantle, was a charming womanizer. While social media spares no one, strong relationships with establishment media can alleviate some controversies.

Obsessing over golf immortality, elite athlete conditioning, sky diving, navy seal training, gambling, banging scores of thots...Tiger has an addictive personality. As a broken down athlete who lost his family and no longer to compete at his high standards, Tiger appears to be struggling transitioning away from those highs he used to be able to achieve.

I hope Tiger can find whatever some happiness/peace post-golf.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

Agree that he is fast approaching having to face the reality that his playing days, andcompetition, are over. Very tough for the alpha male at he top of the mountain.
miles

Post by miles »

Who knows? Truth, gossip, jokes etc., adoring media and a different era notwithstanding, Palmer was a people person, Woods is not.
Palmer was generous to all, even when not for media attention. Woods is not.
Woods indiscretions are documented. Palmer's indiscretions were not.

A quick google search only came up with this:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/monteburke ... 39ba407fe0

Players respected loved and idolized Palmer. Players respected Woods talent and tournament records.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

They're one and the same. The old timers just don't see palmers warts.

And Woods was much more accessible and friendly than you make him out to be.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

It's why Phil puts on his phony front. He's not the golly gee shucks guy he portrays himself to be.

Fully vaccinated, still not dead
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:It's why Phil puts on his phony front. He's not the golly gee shucks guy he portrays himself to be.

Depends on whether you catch he and his wife on one of his swinger nights!
Attila T Hun

Post by Attila T Hun »

Just more unsubstantiated bullshit from jealous haters of Mickelson...Sounds like the attacks on Trump.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

Attila T Hun wrote:Just more unsubstantiated bullshit from jealous haters of Mickelson...Sounds like the attacks on Trump.
Most stuff I'm referring to I don't have an issue with - if he wants to gamble and if he and Amy want to swing, go for it. He's had some shady dealings in the financial world, though.

Fully vaccinated, still not dead
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

All Tiger has to do is come up with a new drink like Arnie did and the $$$ will pour in.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Major Kong wrote:All Tiger has to do is come up with a new drink like Arnie did and the $$$ will pour in.
Haha!

Too bad something he'd support is already out and called a Ruffie.
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

Golf is a hyper competitive game. To shoot -10 for 72 holes from the black tees seems almost impossible. There are probably 500 to 1000 people in the world better than him now. I just don't see him making a comeback after all the problems(boozing, whoring, public divorce, etc) plus the operations. The guy has had four back operations, if I am not mistaken, and a few knee surgeries. He's toast regarding golf.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila