A Short Primer on the Global Warming Scam

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

I cannot state how thankful I am that Trump pulled out of this money transfer scheme known as the "Paris agreement." If that agreement was not proof that Obama believed that America should be punished and pay for its "sins of the past," then I don't know what is. What kind of "President" agrees to a deal where America has to implement draconian regulations on its energy sector and pay billions of dollars to other countries, while the other countries just sit back and do nothing but collect billions of dollars from the USA? What happened to putting America's interests first? Both parties used to agree to that policy (see the 95-0 rejection of Kyoto), but somewhere along the way the Democrats decided that globalism was more important than America.

===============================================

By Jim ONeill —— Bio and Archives June 4, 2017
As of today, the United States will cease all implementation of the non-binding Paris Accord and the draconian financial and economic burdens the agreement imposes on our country.
— Donald J. Trump 45th President of the United States

The Paris Climate Treaty has nothing to do with “climate” and everything possible to do with economics, globalism and the controlled redistribution of economic wealth as constructed through decades of advanced policies of multinational financial interests.

Caution: If you are a global warming enthusiast then I strongly advise you to stop reading, grab a cup of hot cocoa, and retreat to your nearest safe-space immediately. Otherwise you will get triggered, guaranteed.

With that out of the way, let me get into the meat of this article, which is, as the title suggests, a short lesson on a few of the more egregious lies connected with the global warming scam. Just a day spent on the Internet doing due diligence on this topic with an open mind will convince anyone with half a brain that global warming is a criminal shakedown of historic proportions.

Rather than go at the topic of global warming with hammer and tongs I will just briefly visit a few of its more popular talking points – simply to steer any interested readers in a profitable direction.

The Science is Settled

Balderdash! (My inner editor/censor instantly popped to attention at my initial, sadly deleted, remark and insisted on a quick fix). The science (and “science”) surrounding global warming, or climate change, or whatever the term du jour is, is NOT settled – it is, in fact, far from being settled.

This is as good a place as any to point out that the word science does not possess the hard and fast definition that most of us think it does. There is a whole branch of philosophy that deals with just that question – what science is, and what it is not.

This is a topic that is apt to induce a bout of narcolepsy in a number of my readers, so I will hurry on and wrap this segment up. Let me just say that if we accept a very general definition of science – that it is a search for what is true and factual in the physical realm – then most of the “science” behind global warming is no science at all. It is agenda-driven pseudo-science—not true open-minded scientific research so much as an attempt to funnel findings down a profitable (and prestigious) channel to a predetermined end.

Is climate change a real phenomenon? Of course. No sensible person would argue otherwise. But is it primarily caused by humanity, or are other factors more to blame, such as electromagnetic solar activity and radiation, volcanic eruptions, oceans, and so forth?

After studying some of the various deceitful ploys used by global warming “scientists” over the years, I simply no longer trust their word about anything. Which is a shame, because I have no doubt that many, perhaps most, of the scientists promoting man-made climate change are sincerely concerned about the earth. That doesn’t mean that they are right though, and it does not excuse the many lies used to force-feed us global warming.

Carbon Dioxide is a Dangerous Pollutant

Balderdash again! NEWS FLASH: The earth has experienced much higher carbon dioxide levels in the past—long before any “Industrial Revolution.” The idea that increased CO2 levels are something new, or inextricably linked to fossil fuels alone is simply rubbish.

Periodically, carbon dioxide levels have been considerably higher throughout earth’s long history, and humanity didn’t have a darn thing to do with it. And what’s more, the increased CO2 levels did not ruin the planet.

In fact, plant life flourishes under increased CO2 levels. If carbon dioxide is truly a dangerous pollutant, then the earth would have suffered grievously eons ago.

Climate Change

“Climate change” is a bland generic label that can mean anything, and therefore means nothing. Does weather change? Of course it does—yesterday it was raining and today it’s sunny. What’s your point?

The point, such as it is, is to have a term so amorphous that it can cover any eventuality. If the climate gets warmer, that’s climate change; if it gets colder, that’s climate change too. All bases covered—it’s a wonderful thing, if you’re into spineless duplicity.

I recall when the term “climate change” first gained wide popularity, around the year 2012 or so. Until then all we had heard about was “global warming” or AGW (Anthropocentric Global Warming). Then it got colder, and when those pesky temperatures started dropping, the AGW “scientists” put on their thinking caps and explained to us how things were getting colder because they were getting hotter.

The globalist faithful accepted this dubious proposition at face value, but the rest of us scratched our heads and thought “Hmm, I don’t think that makes sense actually.” So, going back to the drawing board the “scientists” came up with the generic, one-size-fits-all, term “climate change.”

“Just you try denying that one!” Don’t buy into their hogwash though—it’s just the same old crapola in a new container, that’s all.

Climate Change Deniers Are Guilty of Hate Speech

First of all, as I point out above, no one is saying that the weather doesn’t change. I’ll gladly swear on a stack of Bibles that, yes, the weather does indeed change from time to time. I noticed that all on my own some years back.

What is in question, however, is the hypothesis that climate change is primarily caused by carbon dioxide, fossil fuels, and/or humanity as a whole. Also, there is no doubt that climate change “science” has put its thumb on the scale in order to promote its one-sided and debatable claims.

That is not hate speech. It is simply what common sense, logic, and due diligence have shown me to be the truth. Unfortunately, the truth is all too often obscured and twisted, when it is not being ignored or hidden, by the more nefarious proponents of AGW.

If I were to engage in hate speech you would know it, trust me. You would have no doubt whatsoever about where I was coming from.

The truth is only “hate speech” to those who hate the truth—a simple meme, but nonetheless true.

I will conclude by saying that I thank God every day that we have a president who cares more about what is good for the United States and its citizens then catering to political correctness and kissing globalist butt. May God continue to guide, bless, and protect President Trump, his family, and his aides.

http://canadafreepress.com/article/a-sh ... P4.twitter

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)