I saw Wonder Woman

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

I saw Wonder Woman

Post by awesome guy »

Decent movie. Didn't live up to the hype which I think is more about feminism than the actual movie. Some idiots clapped during a fight that was clearly just because it was a woman on screen. The Rotten Tomatoes ranking is out of control at 93, Man of Steel was better and got hammered with a 55. Gal Gadot is hot and played the part well, though she's still not a great actress. It's worth seeing, but there's a lot of "leveling the playing field" in how it's being reviewed. Other than Batman, the DC universe is kinda hard to pull off on the big screen as most of them are outrageously powered, so powerful that it's hard to show struggle against anything but a God like being and then it's cartoonish or a CGI yawner. While there's a lot of feminism outside the movie, very little within it. They did do a good job of making it a superhero movie that happens to be a woman. The story started off great, but then fell into DC formula with a giant CGI fight scene that made little sense. I'd give it a B.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Re: I saw Wonder Woman

Post by USN_Hokie »

Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

I had some work done on the car today so I caught Wonder Woman in 3D in Abingdon, VA.

I thoroughly enjoyed it...excellent movie. A little over-hyped :?: Maybe but I still give it 4¼ stars out of 5.

Wonder Woman is Amazon Prime :!: :D
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Major Kong wrote:I had some work done on the car today so I caught Wonder Woman in 3D in Abingdon, VA.

I thoroughly enjoyed it...excellent movie. A little over-hyped :?: Maybe but I still give it 4¼ stars out of 5.

Wonder Woman is Amazon Prime :!: :D
I don't understand why Steve Trevor would hook up with her. With her super strength, it's gota be like putting your junk in a bear trap.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

awesome guy wrote:I don't understand why Steve Trevor would hook up with her. With her super strength, it's gota be like putting your junk in a bear trap.
I think she can control herself and what was up with her saying hey you can sleep next to me on the boat. He wouldn't at first then it was like oh OK. :D
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Major Kong wrote:
awesome guy wrote:I don't understand why Steve Trevor would hook up with her. With her super strength, it's gota be like putting your junk in a bear trap.
I think she can control herself and what was up with her saying hey you can sleep next to me on the boat. He wouldn't at first then it was like oh OK. :D
Morally compromised