HokieFanDC

Re: This seem pretty big, if true

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:Hard to tell what's true anymore

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/attorney ... d=47875090
I can believe it, and I can understand why Trump would be pissed about it. Trump did not know Sessions was going to recuse himself until a few minutes before he made the public announcement. I'm pretty sure Trump nominated Sessions with the expectation that he would be a fighter & defender of the administration and not let these stupid Russia witch hunts get out of control.

But instead, Sessions acquiesced to Democrat demands - meanwhile Democrats NEVER recuse themselves no matter how blatant the appearance of impropriety (see Lynch meeting with Clinton on the tarmac).

Now Sessions is powerless to defend the man that he is supposed to be serving. Trump is right. Republicans need to start growing a spine and ignore ridiculous calls from the media & Democrats to hurt their own ability to fight back.

Sessions didn't recuse himself because of Dem demands. It was the push from people like Chaffetz, Issa, and Labrador. And when the investigation is into the Trump campaign, and Sessions was part of that, it makes sense to remove any hint of bias or impropriety. And when you add in his "mistake" in answering questions about meeting with Kislyak, it makes the decision to recuse clearer.
Sessions wasn't part of the Trump campaign...certainly had not part of it when Manafront was there. I must have missed Issa et al being the impetus as well, that's news to me.
Sessions wasn't part of the campaign? What? Not to mention Stephen Miller and Rick Dearborn, guys who worked for Sessions and were also part of the campaign. Sessions basically wrote all of Trump's national security policies and talking points.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/pre ... rity-chair
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:

I can believe it, and I can understand why Trump would be pissed about it. Trump did not know Sessions was going to recuse himself until a few minutes before he made the public announcement. I'm pretty sure Trump nominated Sessions with the expectation that he would be a fighter & defender of the administration and not let these stupid Russia witch hunts get out of control.

But instead, Sessions acquiesced to Democrat demands - meanwhile Democrats NEVER recuse themselves no matter how blatant the appearance of impropriety (see Lynch meeting with Clinton on the tarmac).

Now Sessions is powerless to defend the man that he is supposed to be serving. Trump is right. Republicans need to start growing a spine and ignore ridiculous calls from the media & Democrats to hurt their own ability to fight back.

Sessions didn't recuse himself because of Dem demands. It was the push from people like Chaffetz, Issa, and Labrador. And when the investigation is into the Trump campaign, and Sessions was part of that, it makes sense to remove any hint of bias or impropriety. And when you add in his "mistake" in answering questions about meeting with Kislyak, it makes the decision to recuse clearer.
Sessions wasn't part of the Trump campaign...certainly had not part of it when Manafront was there. I must have missed Issa et al being the impetus as well, that's news to me.
Sessions wasn't part of the campaign? What? Not to mention Stephen Miller and Rick Dearborn, guys who worked for Sessions and were also part of the campaign. Sessions basically wrote all of Trump's national security policies and talking points.

I admittedly haven't been following this closely, but I thought his role was in some dispute. Regardless, it was after any of the names mentioned were involved.

The whole thing is rubbish.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:

I admittedly haven't been following this closely, but I thought his role was in some dispute. Regardless, it was after any of the names mentioned were involved.

I don't get your comment on timing. Sessions was on the campaign committee early on, before Manafort, Flynn, Page came on board.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:

Got it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.