HokieFanDC

Re: SOMEONE, ANYONE PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME EXACTLY HOW THE RUS

Post by HokieFanDC »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote: so ya got nothing? kewl
You should listen to Comey's testimony again. It was explained pretty clearly.
so please explain it to me how they affected the outcome, you do realize that we try and influence elections all over the world and russia has been doing it for a long time, but how EXACTLY did Russia change the outcome. I know Hillary lost, so that must mean the election back in 11/16 was not valid

btw, I listened to the whole thing yesterday here at the office, thus why I ask what this is all about
The whole thing is about the Russian government trying to alter the results of our election. You keep saying they weren't successful, as if that's the only thing that matters. It's a big freaking deal that they attempted to do it, and it's a big deal that they got closer to success than they ever have.

If you don't care, that's on you. I'm sure if someone tries to break into your house, you'll just tell them good try, and have a lemonade with them on the front porch.

Or more likely, shoot them. It's weird that with Russia, lots of folks like you seem to want to let it go.
Actually you made a big assumption in your explanation. You indicated that the Russian government tried to alter the results of the election. That is neither correct nor proven. In fact it isn't even accepted as the reason. In actuality they wanted to disrupt the election. They wanted to create concern, chaos, dissent, etc. They wanted the US to look bad in the eyes of the world with turmoil swirling around the election. They didn't care about the outcome, only the disruption. You made a big leap saying they wanted to alter the outcome.
That's a fair point. It's also a point that was part of Comey's testimony. I don't think it's a big assumption that Russia attempted to alter the outcome of the election, or is trying to figure out how to do that. There were attacks on voter registration systems, which is one way to influence votes. Also, don't make the mistake that when they say Russia wants to alter election results, that they are trying to alter it in favor of one candidate over another. And all these points are ones that have strangely eluded one of our posters for several days now, who is stuck on vote counts, when no one else is talking about that. And then he's confused when someone can't answer his question, that no one else cares about, because that's not what the Russians have been trying to do.[/quote]

don't be a wussy, call me out if ya want to. The russians, along with the chinese and many other countries along with the USA have been trying to steer elections for decades. Again please explain how the outcome was changed by anything the Russians did in our 2016 prez race. Yes they favored Trump over Hillary, not sure why as Trump was the one talking tough foreign policy. My guess is Hillary in her dealings screwed Putin on some deal and he hates the beatch. But I have asked many times what affect the Russians had on the 2016 prez election and so far we got from you that they attempted to sway the election (which they do every election cycle) I am curious tho on your claim that messing with voter registration would make the election not valid. How exactly, please be specific. We know that there are now proven cases of fraudulent voter registration activities by individuals and of fraud committed by voter registration offices to make sure they met the quota of getting people registered, those were done by USA citizens[/quote]

I'm trying to be nice. But, I'll stop being a "wussy" and just say it straight...you're an idiot on this subject. Despite being told multiple times that you're insistence on talking about the vote counts is moronic, and that the investigation isn't about whether they changed the outcome or not, you keep marching down your path of idiocy. Every intelligence agency and national security expert thinks it's a big deal how effective the Russians were in 2016 at influencing people's thoughts and perception, because what they accomplished was much different that what they've been doing for years. You don't seem to get why. And you keep asking the same dumbf*&k, irrelevant questions over and over again.

As for voter registration systems, if you can hack those, you can invalidate thousands, hundreds of thousands, millions?, of valid voter registrations.
The things that happen today, by individuals and offices are minuscule.

And to your point, I think we need to go after US citizens who commit voter fraud, and improve our processes to prevent it. I also think we should be doing all we can to keep foreign govts. from influencing our elections. You, and lots of RWNJ dipshirts, only seem to care about the US citizens, and don't care about Russia b/c "they've been doing it for decades".
miles

Post by miles »

HokieFanDC Writes:
"I'm trying to be nice. But, I'll stop being a "wussy" and just say it straight...you're an idiot on this subject. Despite being told multiple times that you're insistence on talking about the vote counts is moronic, and that the investigation isn't about whether they changed the outcome or not, you keep marching down your path of idiocy. Every intelligence agency and national security expert thinks it's a big deal how effective the Russians were in 2016 at influencing people's thoughts and perception, because what they accomplished was much different that what they've been doing for years. You don't seem to get why. And you keep asking the same dumbf*&k, irrelevant questions over and over again."

That's a purty little turd there, Alfie.
Tell us, no, really, tell us. What's it all about, Alfie?
:roll:
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

OMFG... Did I just see someone say "every intelligence agency says..." and call someone an idiot in the same breath?
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:AFFECTED THE OUTCOME OF THE 2016 PREZ ELECTION????

ANYONE??

BUELER?
Cwtcr, you broke HokieFanDC. He was last seen in his underwear shouting "17 agencies!!" at an orangutan at the San Diego zoo.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:

ANYONE??

BUELER?
Cwtcr, you broke HokieFanDC. He was last seen in his underwear shouting "17 agencies!!" at an orangutan at the San Diego zoo.
I see leftwing trolls all over the internet still using that same BS talking point. Do these people just pick & choose what they want to hear?

Here is a transcript of that exchange:
FRANKEN: And I want to thank General Clapper and – and Attorney General Yates for – for appearing today. We have – the intelligence communities have concluded all 17 of them that Russia interfered with this election. And we all know how that’s right.

CLAPPER: Senator, as I pointed out in my statement Senator Franken, it was there were only three agencies that directly involved in this assessment plus my office…

FRANKEN: But all 17 signed on to that?

CLAPPER: Well, we didn’t go through that – that process, this was a special situation because of the time limits and my – what I knew to be to who could really contribute to this and the sensitivity of the situation, we decided it was a constant judgment to restrict it to those three. I’m not aware of anyone who dissented or – or disagreed when it came out.
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... -election/

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:

ANYONE??

BUELER?
I've already declared cwtcr the grand champion of this thread. His prize is on its way.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
The whole thing is about the Russian government trying to alter the results of our election. You keep saying they weren't successful, as if that's the only thing that matters. It's a big freaking deal that they attempted to do it, and it's a big deal that they got closer to success than they ever have.

If you don't care, that's on you. I'm sure if someone tries to break into your house, you'll just tell them good try, and have a lemonade with them on the front porch.

Or more likely, shoot them. It's weird that with Russia, lots of folks like you seem to want to let it go.
We should care. But why should we care more this time than all the other times they tried to meddle in the election? They try EVERY election. And why doesn't anyone care about America's attempt to meddle in other country's elections like Obama did to Israel?
Last edited by UpstateSCHokie on Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote: so ya got nothing? kewl
You should listen to Comey's testimony again. It was explained pretty clearly.
so please explain it to me how they affected the outcome, you do realize that we try and influence elections all over the world and russia has been doing it for a long time, but how EXACTLY did Russia change the outcome. I know Hillary lost, so that must mean the election back in 11/16 was not valid

btw, I listened to the whole thing yesterday here at the office, thus why I ask what this is all about

Actually you made a big assumption in your explanation. You indicated that the Russian government tried to alter the results of the election. That is neither correct nor proven. In fact it isn't even accepted as the reason. In actuality they wanted to disrupt the election. They wanted to create concern, chaos, dissent, etc. They wanted the US to look bad in the eyes of the world with turmoil swirling around the election. They didn't care about the outcome, only the disruption. You made a big leap saying they wanted to alter the outcome.
That's a fair point. It's also a point that was part of Comey's testimony. I don't think it's a big assumption that Russia attempted to alter the outcome of the election, or is trying to figure out how to do that. There were attacks on voter registration systems, which is one way to influence votes. Also, don't make the mistake that when they say Russia wants to alter election results, that they are trying to alter it in favor of one candidate over another. And all these points are ones that have strangely eluded one of our posters for several days now, who is stuck on vote counts, when no one else is talking about that. And then he's confused when someone can't answer his question, that no one else cares about, because that's not what the Russians have been trying to do.
don't be a wussy, call me out if ya want to. The russians, along with the chinese and many other countries along with the USA have been trying to steer elections for decades. Again please explain how the outcome was changed by anything the Russians did in our 2016 prez race. Yes they favored Trump over Hillary, not sure why as Trump was the one talking tough foreign policy. My guess is Hillary in her dealings screwed Putin on some deal and he hates the beatch. But I have asked many times what affect the Russians had on the 2016 prez election and so far we got from you that they attempted to sway the election (which they do every election cycle) I am curious tho on your claim that messing with voter registration would make the election not valid. How exactly, please be specific. We know that there are now proven cases of fraudulent voter registration activities by individuals and of fraud committed by voter registration offices to make sure they met the quota of getting people registered, those were done by USA citizens[/quote]

I'm trying to be nice. But, I'll stop being a "wussy" and just say it straight...you're an idiot on this subject. Despite being told multiple times that you're insistence on talking about the vote counts is moronic, and that the investigation isn't about whether they changed the outcome or not, you keep marching down your path of idiocy. Every intelligence agency and national security expert thinks it's a big deal how effective the Russians were in 2016 at influencing people's thoughts and perception, because what they accomplished was much different that what they've been doing for years. You don't seem to get why. And you keep asking the same dumbf*&k, irrelevant questions over and over again.

As for voter registration systems, if you can hack those, you can invalidate thousands, hundreds of thousands, millions?, of valid voter registrations.
The things that happen today, by individuals and offices are minuscule.

And to your point, I think we need to go after US citizens who commit voter fraud, and improve our processes to prevent it. I also think we should be doing all we can to keep foreign govts. from influencing our elections. You, and lots of RWNJ dipshirts, only seem to care about the US citizens, and don't care about Russia b/c "they've been doing it for decades".[/quote]

I agree on the hacking of voter registrations, except none of that happened. FYI, if we could somehow stop hacking don't you think we would do that by now, considering how many large hacks have been done by various people and organizations around the world. Good luck stopping hacking.

As for Russia influencing the election you do realize the MSM due to its extreme tilting to Hillary influenced our election? Should we sanction ABC news?

Never mind that the USA has been blatantly influencing elections around the world for decades, should we sanction ourselves?
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

We should care. But why should we care more this time than all the other times they tried to meddle in the election? They try EVERY election. And why doesn't anyone care about America's attempt to meddle in other countries elections like Obama did to Israel?
Well, there does appear to have been more contact between the Trump administration and Russia than between any administration that I can recall. I'm not sure that there is ultimately anything here, but it should be considered. Especially given some of the smoke that anyone with intellectual honesty would have to admit is already present.

Just let it play out. If there is nothing there, the democrats don't have the votes to carry the day on politics. Trumps fate rests with republicans, and I think they will do a better job than the lackeys on here of fairly considering all the evidence.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

We should care. But why should we care more this time than all the other times they tried to meddle in the election? They try EVERY election. And why doesn't anyone care about America's attempt to meddle in other countries elections like Obama did to Israel?
Well, there does appear to have been more contact between the Trump administration and Russia than between any administration that I can recall. I'm not sure that there is ultimately anything here, but it should be considered. Especially given some of the smoke that anyone with intellectual honesty would have to admit is already present.

Just let it play out. If there is nothing there, the democrats don't have the votes to carry the day on politics. Trumps fate rests with republicans, and I think they will do a better job than the lackeys on here of fairly considering all the evidence.
good talking point, what contacts? Hillary had alot of contact with Russians, ME countries and so forth, not sure the MSM opened every news cast with those
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

good talking point, what contacts? Hillary had alot of contact with Russians, ME countries and so forth, not sure the MSM opened every news cast with those
Your credibility on this topic, and my willingness to entertain this discussion, would be increased if we could keep Hillary out of this. In my opinion, Hillary Clinton was a corrupt politiican. I don't think it helps your case to point out that Hillary was more corrupt than Donald Trump. Again, that is beside the point.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote: Well, there does appear to have been more contact between the Trump administration and Russia than between any administration that I can recall.
1. Link? I assume you didn't just flush that out of your arse? Did Trump tell the Russians he could be more flexible after the election?

2. Assuming you have a shred of evidence to back up #1 and aren't completely impacted with feces in your small intestines - would it not make sense for there to be increased diplomacy in light of the faux outrage created by the democrats with no evidence? Seems there is a lot of damage with a nuclear power that needs repairs.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote: Well, there does appear to have been more contact between the Trump administration and Russia than between any administration that I can recall.
1. Link? I assume you didn't just flush that out of your arse? Did Trump tell the Russians he could be more flexible after the election?

2. Assuming you have a shred of evidence to back up #1 and aren't completely impacted with feces in your small intestines - would it not make sense for there to be increased diplomacy in light of the faux outrage created by the democrats with no evidence? Seems there is a lot of damage with a nuclear power that needs repairs.
My post was directed to the intellectually honest.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

My post was directed to the intellectually honest.
Hilarious response. Admitting you made it up while questioning others' integrity in one breath.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

Your credibility on this topic, and my willingness to entertain this discussion, would be increased if we could keep Hillary out of this. In my opinion, Hillary Clinton was a corrupt politiican. I don't think it helps your case to point out that Hillary was more corrupt than Donald Trump. Again, that is beside the point.
just pointing out that the MSM has ignored anything the dems or Obummer did, so the Obummer admin may have had just as many contacts with the Russians but we would never know. I do find it is comical that the people in Trumps admin that were in businesses that have had some Russian business deals those are counted as contacts with Russians, not sure how you do business with someone with some contact. Never mind that these people were doing this for the businesses they ran or were part of and it was a part of their job.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

just pointing out that the MSM has ignored anything the dems or Obummer did, so the Obummer admin may have had just as many contacts with the Russians but we would never know. I do find it is comical that the people in Trumps admin that were in businesses that have had some Russian business deals those are counted as contacts with Russians, not sure how you do business with someone with some contact. Never mind that these people were doing this for the businesses they ran or were part of and it was a part of their job.
Tillerson was doing business in Russia, and I don't think anybody has reasonably questioned his ties as anything untoward. He's probably one of Trump's better picks.

the allegations regarding Kushner Fynn and Mannafort seem to go well beyond merely doing business. Unless by doing business you meant doing business with the russian government.

*Havent' been keeping up with Kushner. I meant Flynn.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

Tillerson was doing business in Russia, and I don't think anybody has reasonably questioned his ties as anything untoward. He's probably one of Trump's better picks.

the allegations regarding Kushner Fynn and Mannafort seem to go well beyond merely doing business. Unless by doing business you meant doing business with the russian government.

*Havent' been keeping up with Kushner. I meant Flynn.[/quote]

Manafort's business in Russia was about 20 years ago, I guess he should have known he would be involved in Trumps campaign back then (no idea how he would know that). He was a consultant, much like all the other money wasted on consultants these days by any number of businesses.

Flynn was more recent but again well before his involvement in Trumps cabinet. His problem was not disclosing the money received and he lied to Pence... thus why his tenure on the job was rather short. Some of the money he got was it appeared to be an appearance type fee (ya know the ones that made Hillary really wealthy ) (or cattle futures) and the other was again as a consultant. I agree most money spent on consultants is wasted but not my decision
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

This thread is entirely too long, you have all nested too many quotes upon themselves. That said, the following caught my eye:
Every intelligence agency and national security expert thinks it's a big deal how effective the Russians were in 2016 at influencing people's thoughts and perception
To which, I say, "Oh?!" I'm calling bullspit. They influenced no one. How, exactly? This is just crazy talk. C'mon! I hear this, but never with specifics..just an amorphous "hacking" that somehow magically swayed millions, but never with specifics.

And this:
Well, there does appear to have been more contact between the Trump administration and Russia than between any administration that I can recall.

Oh?
Really? Not remembering back 7 months ago so well?
Again...bullspit. If one is going to invoke comparison to other administrations, one shouldn't then reject discussion of the prior 2-term administration in retort. TDS.

Double standards abound
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
VisorBoy

Post by VisorBoy »

ANYONE??

BUELER?
Quite simply, they played a role in the release of the information from the DNC's and Clinton's servers. That had an impact on the outcome.
Do justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

VisorBoy wrote:

ANYONE??

BUELER?
Quite simply, they played a role in the release of the information from the DNC's and Clinton's servers. That had an impact on the outcome.
There's no evidence that Russia did that. There's a lot of evidence that Seth Rich and other disgruntled DNC moonbats did it.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

VisorBoy wrote:

ANYONE??

BUELER?

you can prove that, really, you may want to let Mueller know. From what has been found out so far Podesta was so stupid he fell for a phishing scam a 5 year old could pull off. Maybe Clinton should not put illegal and unethical activities in writing in emails on a totally unsecure server. One which she also release confidential information from and per Obummer it was just a "matter" and being careless, so what!!

Good to see you have bought the MSM line about the Russians.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:This thread is entirely too long, you have all nested too many quotes upon themselves. That said, the following caught my eye:
Every intelligence agency and national security expert thinks it's a big deal how effective the Russians were in 2016 at influencing people's thoughts and perception
To which, I say, "Oh?!" I'm calling bullspit. They influenced no one. How, exactly? This is just crazy talk. C'mon! I hear this, but never with specifics..just an amorphous "hacking" that somehow magically swayed millions, but never with specifics.

And this:
Well, there does appear to have been more contact between the Trump administration and Russia than between any administration that I can recall.

Oh?
Again...bullspit. If one is going to invoke comparison to other administrations, one shouldn't then reject discussion of the prior 2-term administration in retort. TDS.

Double standards abound
DC went full Hillary Clinton truther in one post. It's the Russians' fault that Hillary was a terrible candidate and didn't invest any effort into the rust belt and in fact shat on poor whites as part of her platform.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

VisorBoy wrote:

ANYONE??

BUELER?
Everyone else's legitimate comments aside, do you think it was good or bad for the electorate to have that information?
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:

ANYONE??

BUELER?
Everyone else's legitimate comments aside, do you think it was good or bad for the electorate to have that information?

The leaks were minor next to campaign missteps and the FBI investigation. They just showed Clinton cheating out Bernie and the collusion between the DNC and news.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

RiverguyVT wrote:This thread is entirely too long, you have all nested too many quotes upon themselves. That said, the following caught my eye:

And this:

Oh?

Double standards abound
The most notable is the mostly fabricated dossier on Trump. That influenced a lot of people, many whom still reference it.