HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Re: SOMEONE, ANYONE PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME EXACTLY HOW THE RUS

Post by HokieJoe »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
The whole thing is about the Russian government trying to alter the results of our election. You keep saying they weren't successful, as if that's the only thing that matters. It's a big freaking deal that they attempted to do it, and it's a big deal that they got closer to success than they ever have.

If you don't care, that's on you. I'm sure if someone tries to break into your house, you'll just tell them good try, and have a lemonade with them on the front porch.

Or more likely, shoot them. It's weird that with Russia, lots of folks like you seem to want to let it go.
We should care. But why should we care more this time than all the other times they tried to meddle in the election? They try EVERY election. And why doesn't anyone care about America's attempt to meddle in other countries elections like Obama did to Israel?
Well, there does appear to have been more contact between the Trump administration and Russia than between any administration that I can recall. I'm not sure that there is ultimately anything here, but it should be considered. Especially given some of the smoke that anyone with intellectual honesty would have to admit is already present.

Just let it play out. If there is nothing there, the democrats don't have the votes to carry the day on politics. Trumps fate rests with republicans, and I think they will do a better job than the lackeys on here of fairly considering all the evidence.
Trolling again I see.

Hillary F'ing Clinton sold the Russians U.S. uranium assets; and Odumbfvck allowed the Russians to waltz in to Ukraine with no response. Try more harder Captain Murica'.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
The whole thing is about the Russian government trying to alter the results of our election. You keep saying they weren't successful, as if that's the only thing that matters. It's a big freaking deal that they attempted to do it, and it's a big deal that they got closer to success than they ever have.

If you don't care, that's on you. I'm sure if someone tries to break into your house, you'll just tell them good try, and have a lemonade with them on the front porch.

Or more likely, shoot them. It's weird that with Russia, lots of folks like you seem to want to let it go.
We should care. But why should we care more this time than all the other times they tried to meddle in the election? They try EVERY election. And why doesn't anyone care about America's attempt to meddle in other countries elections like Obama did to Israel?
Well, there does appear to have been more contact between the Trump administration and Russia than between any administration that I can recall. I'm not sure that there is ultimately anything here, but it should be considered. Especially given some of the smoke that anyone with intellectual honesty would have to admit is already present.

Just let it play out. If there is nothing there, the democrats don't have the votes to carry the day on politics. Trumps fate rests with republicans, and I think they will do a better job than the lackeys on here of fairly considering all the evidence.
good talking point, what contacts? Hillary had alot of contact with Russians, ME countries and so forth, not sure the MSM opened every news cast with those
Your credibility on this topic, and my willingness to entertain this discussion, would be increased if we could keep Hillary out of this. In my opinion, Hillary Clinton was a corrupt politiican. I don't think it helps your case to point out that Hillary was more corrupt than Donald Trump. Again, that is beside the point.
If there isn't equal justice under the laws, then f the laws. They mean nothing. But congrats on arguing for a banana Republic.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
VisorBoy

Post by VisorBoy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:AFFECTED THE OUTCOME OF THE 2016 PREZ ELECTION????

ANYONE??

BUELER?
Quite simply, they played a role in the release of the information from the DNC's and Clinton's servers. That had an impact on the outcome.
Everyone else's legitimate comments aside, do you think it was good or bad for the electorate to have that information?
That is a completely different argument than the thread's topical question, which is what I was referring to.

And that ties in to other issues such as, "are Executive Administration leaks good for the American people?" What I've found is that when leaks/hacking helps one's candidate/cause, they are 'good'. When they hurt, they're 'bad'.
Do justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HokieJoe wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

good talking point, what contacts? Hillary had alot of contact with Russians, ME countries and so forth, not sure the MSM opened every news cast with those
Your credibility on this topic, and my willingness to entertain this discussion, would be increased if we could keep Hillary out of this. In my opinion, Hillary Clinton was a corrupt politiican. I don't think it helps your case to point out that Hillary was more corrupt than Donald Trump. Again, that is beside the point.
If there isn't equal justice under the laws, then f the laws. They mean nothing. But congrats on arguing for a banana Republic.
I'm sure that makes sense to you.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:

ANYONE??

BUELER?
Quite simply, they played a role in the release of the information from the DNC's and Clinton's servers. That had an impact on the outcome.
Everyone else's legitimate comments aside, do you think it was good or bad for the electorate to have that information?

The leaks were minor next to campaign missteps and the FBI investigation. They just showed Clinton cheating out Bernie and the collusion between the DNC and news.
Sure, that's why I said... "legitimate comments aside..."
VisorBoy

Post by VisorBoy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:

ANYONE??

BUELER?

The leaks were minor next to campaign missteps and the FBI investigation. They just showed Clinton cheating out Bernie and the collusion between the DNC and news.
I'm glad the leaked information came out. I'm appalled that Russia played a role in it.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:

ANYONE??

BUELER?

I know, making sure VB understands ;)
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

VisorBoy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:

ANYONE??

BUELER?

I'm glad the leaked information came out. I'm appalled that Russia played a role in it.
Good thing they didn't.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
I'm trying to get you to think for yourself ip. If you think that people don't see this mess for what it really is, then you are mistaken. It's politics as usual from the Usuals. All the while, serious problems go unaddressed, while the jilted Republicans and Democrats play out this GD go-no-where where vendetta. All the while, they totally ignored actual shady activities because of money and party affiliation. They're in full CYA mode.
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

VisorBoy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:

ANYONE??

BUELER?

Played a role in what?
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HokieJoe wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
I'm trying to get you to think for yourself ip. If you think that people don't see this mess for what it really is, then you are mistaken. It's politics as usual from the Usuals. All the while, serious problems go unaddressed, while the jilted Republicans and Democrats play out this GD go-no-where where vendetta. All the while, they totally ignored actual shady activities because of money and party affiliation. They're in full CYA mode.
I don't think Trump supporters get to call others out for supporting a banana republic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
I don't think Trump supporters get to call others out for supporting a banana republic.

In light of the past eight years, I disagree.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HokieFanDC wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:This thread is entirely too long, you have all nested too many quotes upon themselves. That said, the following caught my eye:
Every intelligence agency and national security expert thinks it's a big deal how effective the Russians were in 2016 at influencing people's thoughts and perception
To which, I say, "Oh?!" I'm calling bullspit. They influenced no one. How, exactly? This is just crazy talk. C'mon! I hear this, but never with specifics..just an amorphous "hacking" that somehow magically swayed millions, but never with specifics.

And this:
Well, there does appear to have been more contact between the Trump administration and Russia than between any administration that I can recall.

Oh?
Really? Not remembering back 7 months ago so well?
Again...bullspit. If one is going to invoke comparison to other administrations, one shouldn't then reject discussion of the prior 2-term administration in retort. TDS.

Double standards abound
The most notable is the mostly fabricated dossier on Trump. That influenced a lot of people, many whom still reference it.
The Onion did more...
Seriously? That's the hat peg?
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

RiverguyVT wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:This thread is entirely too long, you have all nested too many quotes upon themselves. That said, the following caught my eye:
Every intelligence agency and national security expert thinks it's a big deal how effective the Russians were in 2016 at influencing people's thoughts and perception
To which, I say, "Oh?!" I'm calling bullspit. They influenced no one. How, exactly? This is just crazy talk. C'mon! I hear this, but never with specifics..just an amorphous "hacking" that somehow magically swayed millions, but never with specifics.

And this:
Well, there does appear to have been more contact between the Trump administration and Russia than between any administration that I can recall.

Oh?
Again...bullspit. If one is going to invoke comparison to other administrations, one shouldn't then reject discussion of the prior 2-term administration in retort. TDS.

Double standards abound
The most notable is the mostly fabricated dossier on Trump. That influenced a lot of people, many whom still reference it.
The Onion did more...
That's ridiculous. Pieces of the dossier made it into FBI investigations, and they made it into tons of news stories, and they made it into the minds of tons of dipshirt liberals, who spread it all over social media.

And while the Clinton info was valid info, if the Russians had a hand in that, that was also a big deal in shaping the election narrative.

Comparing that to the onion makes no sense.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

VisorBoy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:

ANYONE??

BUELER?

Fair, but FTR, there's no proof it came from Russia. The DNC didn't even let the government look at their computers and cloudstrike (hired by the DNC) has backed off their assessment quite a bit.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HokieFanDC wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

And this:

Oh?

Double standards abound
The Onion did more...
That's ridiculous. Pieces of the dossier made it into FBI investigations, and they made it into tons of news stories, and they made it into the minds of tons of dipshirt liberals, who spread it all over social media.

And while the Clinton info was valid info, if the Russians had a hand in that, that was also a big deal in shaping the election narrative.

Inasmuch that the Onion is less ridiculous.
So, the golden shower thing...that's what this is all about? I doubt a dozen people were influenced by that.
You don't even know it originated behind the iron curtain.
Salute the Marines
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

RiverguyVT wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

And this:

Oh?

Double standards abound
The Onion did more...

Inasmuch that the Onion is less ridiculous.
So, the golden shower thing...that's what this is all about? I doubt a dozen people were influenced by that.
You don't even know it originated behind the iron curtain.
For real? The dossier has been reported on by every news source. And while I don't know that it originated in Russia, it seems the most likely source, given the inner knowledge about some of the players and the way it was written. The golden shower thing is a minor piece of the story, believed only be a few morons, and continues to have life to due to morons. But, that is not the key part of the dossier.
VisorBoy

Post by VisorBoy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
VisorBoy wrote: I'm glad the leaked information came out. I'm appalled that Russia played a role in it.
Fair, but FTR, there's no proof it came from Russia. The DNC didn't even let the government look at their computers and cloudstrike (hired by the DNC) has backed off their assessment quite a bit.
It is the opinion of experts.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na ... 031e4dedd3

WP paywall, so here's the Wiki reference to it:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Demo ... email_leak

On December 9, 2016, the CIA told U.S. legislators that the U.S. Intelligence Community concluded Russia conducted operations during the 2016 U.S. election to prevent Hillary Clinton[14] from winning the presidency.[15] Multiple U.S intelligence agencies concluded people with direct ties to the Kremlin gave WikiLeaks hacked emails from the Democratic National Committee.[15]

Source [15] is the WP link.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

VisorBoy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
VisorBoy wrote: I'm glad the leaked information came out. I'm appalled that Russia played a role in it.

On December 9, 2016, the CIA told U.S. legislators that the U.S. Intelligence Community concluded Russia conducted operations during the 2016 U.S. election to prevent Hillary Clinton[14] from winning the presidency.[15] Multiple U.S intelligence agencies concluded people with direct ties to the Kremlin gave WikiLeaks hacked emails from the Democratic National Committee.[15]

It is the opinion of anonymous Obama administration officials to the Washington Post, you mean.

I'm pretty sure this is the story that's pretending Roger Stone is some secret Russian agent.

https://theintercept.com/2016/12/10/ano ... -evidence/
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

It is the opinion of anonymous Obama administration officials to the Washington Post, you mean.

I'm pretty sure this is the story that's pretending Roger Stone is some secret Russian agent.

https://theintercept.com/2016/12/10/ano ... -evidence/
Hasn't even Trump admitted this?

You guys are loyal, I'll give you that.

RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HokieFanDC wrote:
For real? The dossier has been reported on by every news source. And while I don't know that it originated in Russia, it seems the most likely source, given the inner knowledge about some of the players and the way it was written. The golden shower thing is a minor piece of the story, believed only be a few morons, and continues to have life to due to morons. But, that is not the key part of the dossier.
Highlighted for emphasis.
Nothing burger.
Now, back to my original point...
Salute the Marines
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
Highlighted for emphasis.
Nothing burger.
Now, back to my original point...
I believe the latest reports are that the dossier was created in eastern Europe for the Brit, that those anti-Trumpers in the US IC went overseas to get it done to keep their hands clean.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
No we don't know that. There's a whole bunch of sketchy information around this dossier that makes the whole thing highly suspect and dubious. There's a lot of accusations & he said / he said, but there's no proof of the origin of that document.
Christopher Steele, the former British spy who wrote the infamous anti-Donald Trump dossier, acknowledges that a sensational charge his sources made about a tech company CEO and Democratic Party hacking is unverified.

In a court filing, Mr. Steele also says his accusations against the president and his aides about a supposed Russian hacking conspiracy were never supposed to be made public, much less posted in full on a website for the world to see on Jan. 10.
Mr. Steele acknowledges that the part of the 35-page dossier that identified Mr. Gubarev as a rogue hacker came from “unsolicited intelligence” and “raw intelligence” that “needed to be analyzed and further investigated/verified.”

Democrats in Washington have embraced the unproven dossier as an argument for appointing a high-powered commission to investigate President Trump and his aides.

In his final December dossier memo — his 16th — Mr. Steele accused Mr. Gubarev and his web-hosting companies of hacking the Democratic Party computer networks with pornography and bugging devices. Mr. Gubarev calls the charge fiction and filed a lawsuit in February.

Mr. Steele’s court filing portrays him as a victim of Fusion GPS — the Washington firm that hired him with money from a Hillary Clinton backer.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... unverifie/

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

HokieFanDC wrote: For real? The dossier has been reported on by every news source. And while I don't know that it originated in Russia, it seems the most likely source, given the inner knowledge about some of the players and the way it was written. The golden shower thing is a minor piece of the story, believed only be a few morons, and continues to have life to due to morons. But, that is not the key part of the dossier.
Most likely source? DC was leaking before Trump was elected. I trust Comey and Brennan about as much the Clinton's. The Russians? Meh, it's just as likely Tinker Tailer deep state nonsense. The Russians are coming is too convenient. Putin made Obama and 'deep state' look like idiots for 8 years, so that old trope makes perfect sense...To them.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote: For real? The dossier has been reported on by every news source. And while I don't know that it originated in Russia, it seems the most likely source, given the inner knowledge about some of the players and the way it was written. The golden shower thing is a minor piece of the story, believed only be a few morons, and continues to have life to due to morons. But, that is not the key part of the dossier.
Is this a joke? The dossier was peddled around in October to all the news organizations, only Mother Jones was dumb enough to bite back when they thought they had the election in the bag. There were even some reports of it being a troll job by pol or 4chan to a media type.

Frankly, the document is amateurish in my opinion.