Did I read right? Comey being charged?

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
RiverguyVT

Did I read right? Comey being charged?

Post by RiverguyVT »

For his media leaking..
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
cwtcr hokie

Re: Did I read right? Comey being charged?

Post by cwtcr hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:For his media leaking..
the prez has asked DOJ to look into it, Comey is a raving idiot, he threw hillary, lynch and himself under the bus yesterday and did nothing to even graze Trump. Hillary should have learned when she put her illegal activity into emails, ya gotta watch what you say
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Salute the Marines
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

Comey got caught trying to play politics with the big boys on both sides and he was way out of his league. Not an experienced enough liar, deceiver, obfuscator to play in that arena. Just nor practiced in the dark arts of American politics at the federal level.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

133743Hokie wrote:Comey got caught trying to play politics with the big boys on both sides and he was way out of his league. Not an experienced enough liar, deceiver, obfuscator to play in that arena. Just nor practiced in the dark arts of American politics at the federal level.

I'm wondering if there isn't more to this than leaking his personal memo. Perhaps other things have been leaked as well.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

Trump hinted/heavily implied that he was going to release the tape(s) during his press conference today. He seemed downright giddy.

One of Trump's strengths, but also possibly his biggest weakness is that he will laser focus on anyone who threatens him. Mr. Comey has a figurative target on his back. I think he should pursue Comey if there's cause, but i hope he lets his lawyers do most of the work.
HooFighter
Party: all the time

Post by HooFighter »

I'm sure we'll see these tapes just about the same time we see the tax returns, Obama's birth certificate, the proof of wiretapping his house, the 3,000,000 illegal votes, the real inauguration attendance, the border wall, etc...

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

USN_Hokie wrote:Trump hinted/heavily implied that he was going to release the tape(s) during his press conference today. He seemed downright giddy.

One of Trump's strengths, but also possibly his biggest weakness is that he will laser focus on anyone who threatens him. Mr. Comey has a figurative target on his back. I think he should pursue Comey if there's cause, but i hope he lets his lawyers do most of the work.
Agree. With the word "cause" being key. He should avoid going on a witch hunt. Leave that stupid BS to the Dems. But hey, if they have dirt then use it for leverage. Shake the money tree and see who falls on their head.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
HooFighter

Post by HooFighter »

HokieJoe wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:Trump hinted/heavily implied that he was going to release the tape(s) during his press conference today. He seemed downright giddy.

Agree. With the word "cause" being key. He should avoid going on a witch hunt. Leave that stupid BS to the Dems. But hey, if they have dirt then use it for leverage. Shake the money tree and see who falls on their head.
Screw that, he should have Comey arrested now! Handcuffed perp walk right outside his fancy house in McLean!

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HooFighter wrote:I'm sure we'll see these tapes just about the same time we see the tax returns, Obama's birth certificate, the proof of wiretapping his house, the 3,000,000 illegal votes, the real inauguration attendance, the border wall, etc...
Whew...I was starting to think that Trump broke you, hoof. Glad you're ok.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HooFighter wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:

Screw that, he should have Comey arrested now! Handcuffed perp walk right outside his fancy house in McLean!
Is Maxine "Dirty" Waters posting as hoof?
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

HooFighter wrote:Screw that, he should have Comey arrested now! Handcuffed perp walk right outside his fancy house in McLean!
I remember my first beer. :mrgreen:
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

HooFighter

Post by HooFighter »

Shockingly enough I'm not drinking tonight.

133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

HooFighter wrote:I'm sure we'll see these tapes just about the same time we see the tax returns, Obama's birth certificate, the proof of wiretapping his house, the 3,000,000 illegal votes, the real inauguration attendance, the border wall, etc...
...the collusion with Russia, Hillary's indictment for her crimes, the shutdown of the pay-for-play Clinton Foundation, etc.
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

HooFighter wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:

HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

RiverguyVT wrote:http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/ ... -justice-/

This is pretty big

This is pretty big
Someone leaking info that Trump is going after Comey for leaking info?
Funny, yes. Big, no.
Will be interesting to see if this is just another in a long line of threatening legal action and not following through.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

I'm mostly bored by the Comey/Russia thing. Was there anything about the leak that was illegal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:I'm mostly bored by the Comey/Russia thing. Was there anything about the leak that was illegal?

Possibly. Comey is saying he now doesn't have a copy of the memo, and neither his friend nor the NYT seem to be forthcoming with it. I find that odd.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:I'm mostly bored by the Comey/Russia thing. Was there anything about the leak that was illegal?

Possibly. Comey is saying he now doesn't have a copy of the memo, and neither his friend nor the NYT seem to be forthcoming with it. I find that odd.
His friend is saying that he doesn't have the memo and what he told the NYT was from recollection.

This stinks to high heaven........
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieHam wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

His friend is saying that he doesn't have the memo and what he told the NYT was from recollection.

This stinks to high heaven........
That's funny because Comey's testimony indicated his friend possessed it. I think he's worried about something.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

One of you all should make a bet that Comey will be found guilty by the end of Trump's term.

Fully vaccinated, still not dead
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HokieFanDC wrote:

This is pretty big

This is pretty big
Someone leaking info that Trump is going after Comey for leaking info?
Funny, yes. Big, no.
Will be interesting to see if this is just another in a long line of threatening legal action and not following through.
You're conflating content of the leak, with the action itself.
Salute the Marines