Political affiliation of religious leaders in the US

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
VisorBoy

Political affiliation of religious leaders in the US

Post by VisorBoy »

This survey covers 2 of the 3 topics in UWS' tagline! Pretty interesting study. Also includes demographic breakdowns of religious leaders.

"Your Rabbi? Probably a Democrat. Your Baptist Pastor? Probably a Republican. Your Priest? Who Knows."

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... share&_r=0
Do justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: Political affiliation of religious leaders in the US

Post by awesome guy »

Priest is rather broad, but I'm sure the Catholic priests vote DNC for their pro-choice policies.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
VisorBoy

Post by VisorBoy »

awesome guy wrote:Priest is rather broad, but I'm sure the Catholic priests vote DNC for their pro-choice policies.
Per the study, Catholic religious leaders (not sure if limited to priests or if it includes nuns, brothers, deacons) skewed slightly Pub, 32%-30%.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

VisorBoy wrote:
awesome guy wrote:Priest is rather broad, but I'm sure the Catholic priests vote DNC for their pro-choice policies.
Per the study, Catholic religious leaders (not sure if limited to priests or if it includes nuns, brothers, deacons) skewed slightly Pub, 32%-30%.
Catholic priests are the only type of priest.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

VisorBoy wrote:
That's a bit disingenuous when the majority are "independent", don't you think?
VisorBoy

Post by VisorBoy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
Sorry, you're right. It skews pub only among those who registered with a party, though that 2% gap may just be within some error margin.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

VisorBoy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
Sorry, you're right. It skews pub only among those who registered with a party, though that 2% gap may just be within some error margin.
It's an interesting topic. I would hypothesize that larger, more structured religions would skew left, as well as those whose members are traditionally left (blacks, jews, etc.). At a glance, that looks somewhat correct.